Attention please!

News and announcements will be posted here.
anna
Site Admin

Attention please!

Post by anna »

Thanks!

The forum has moved to a different database server. This was done as an attempt to get away from the recurring database crashes. No guaranties exist that the new server will be better than the old.

Please report any issues you might find. Missing or incomplete posts/threads or other problems. Edit: Removed the warning here as everything seems ok.

Thanks all and happy kinking! :hi:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
bdsm984

Re: Attention please!

Post by bdsm984 »

I've noticed the recurring crashes and was about to email you again. Let's hope this new DB server works out for the best. Fingers crossed I guess?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

bdsm984 wrote:I've noticed the recurring crashes and was about to email you again. Let's hope this new DB server works out for the best. Fingers crossed I guess?
I have received emails informing me about the crashes, I appreciate that as it shows that you care. I am sorry for all the crashes and do my best to avoid them. All the recent crashes was caused by our host rebooting the database server while the database were being written to.

No one has complained that something is wrong so everything should be okay. Please go ahead and use the forum to its fullest.
Knottyfellow

Post by Knottyfellow »

Thank You Anna for putting your efforts and time into keeping this site up and running.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Knottyfellow wrote:Thank You Anna for putting your efforts and time into keeping this site up and running.
Thank you for being a member of the community. A rather small member at the moment but a community like this is like a puzzle, if any of the pieces are missing it will be incomplete. It doesn't matter if it is a big or small piece, it still leaves a hole. All I can do is to try keeping the table from shaking. The moderators does the biggest job keeping the forum running smoothly and its users well whipped.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

anna wrote:and its users well whipped.
That's the fun part! :mrgreen: :twisted: :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Heres to the unsung heros...
The ones everyone forgets about...
Until the dreaded errors appear...
And then you are on everyone sh@@ list...

OK, no major attempt to make it ryme
But you get the idea...

... and thanks for you effort...
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

[quote="anna"]All the recent crashes was caused by our host rebooting the database server while the database were being written to.[/quote]

I don't know what kind of host you have, but the hosting companies I've heard of/worked with have always announced reboots ahead of time. Kind of a bummer really, but I'm glad it seems to be solved. Thank you for keeping this community up and running Anna, it's greatly appreciated :D
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

bdsm984 wrote:I don't know what kind of host you have, but the hosting companies I've heard of/worked with have always announced reboots ahead of time.
It is possible that my lack of knowledge plays a prank with me here. All crashes has been in conjunction with a database server restart. (Server up time is rested.) I have no idea if a restart is the same as a reboot but it sort of sounded likely for an amateur like myself. I should however have written restart rather than reboot in my previous post to keep it as correct as possible.
bdsm984 wrote:Thank you for keeping this community up and running Anna, it's greatly appreciated :D
I love this place very much and I want it to be online for everyone to enjoy. Keeping it online would mean nothing if there was no one using it. So thank you for using it.