A 2008 Goal/ Membership Challenge

News and announcements will be posted here.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

A 2008 Goal/ Membership Challenge

Post by LoRee »

While responding to another forum milestone I realized that Boundanna forum is not living up to it's full potential. Do you know of our 949 members 822 have made fewer than 10 posts, and 454 of them have never posted anything. That's an awful damned lot of registered lurkers.
Approximately 47.8% of the members have not actually been participating in the forum yet. WHY? For those of you who haven't posted yet here is your chance/excuse to. I challenge the membership here on Boundanna Forum to achieve the goal of 100% participation before the end of the year. What are you waiting for? A formal invitation? OK, here it is;

Dear members,

Specifically the 47.8% of you who have yet to post here on boundanna forum. This is a Formal Invitation as well as a challenge for everyone registered to make just one post before the end of 2008. Answer a poll, post an introduction, or just say "Hi". It doesn't have to be profoundly insightful or thought provoking, or even a proper introduction. JUST POST SOMETHING! PLEASE PARTICIPATE! Remember it is YOU who make this forum work by your participation. Step up and accept the challenge, and POST!
Sincerely,

LoRee; Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I'm standing right beside you on this one LoRee, come on boys and girls, lets rock!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Right on!

An extra challenge to the silent women out there: make yourselves heard! We girls have a reputation of gabbiness to maintain! Come on!

No one will bite if you post something. We only bite if you ask nicely. Start by saying hello. Respond to and comment a poll. Ask a question. Show your appreciation for someone's efforts to contribute.

Get that ball rolling!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

Just a quick question.. how many of these users have not logged in in over the past 3 or 4 months?, these are more than likely to have just left and are not coming back!

Maybe they have forgot the pasword so they just decided to make a new account?

or maybe one of the mods can send out a message to members warning them of an account deletion if they dont reply etc.
goddessloviatar

Post by goddessloviatar »

Bound&Helpless wrote: or maybe one of the mods can send out a message to members warning them of an account deletion if they dont reply etc.
I like this idea but what form would this message have?
I can think of a few options but it would probably scare a few people off - which is the last thing we want!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

goddessloviatar wrote:
Bound&Helpless wrote: or maybe one of the mods can send out a message to members warning them of an account deletion if they dont reply etc.
I like this idea but what form would this message have?
I can think of a few options but it would probably scare a few people off - which is the last thing we want!
I agree. A gun-to-the-head solution would be detrimental to the community spirit. We're trying to get them to participate, come closer, not flee.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

bound_jenny wrote:Right on!

An extra challenge to the silent women out there: make yourselves heard! We girls have a reputation of gabbiness to maintain! Come on!

No one will bite if you post something. We only bite if you ask nicely. Start by saying hello. Respond to and comment a poll. Ask a question. Show your appreciation for someone's efforts to contribute.

Get that ball rolling!

Jenny.
I totally agree with you!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

LOL In response to the gun to the head solution....

VEE HAF VAYZ OF MAKING YOU TALK.....LOL not the best way to welcome people to a loving community.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

bound_jenny"]Right on!

Get that ball rolling!

Jenny.

(I still haven't figured this "Quote thing out...)
------

Why are you picking on the wome, or more accurately leaving out the men... Now I feel slighted!

In any case, I admit that I come and go. In my case it primarily depends on my internet access. Hopefully I should be around for a while this time.

some sights keep registerd users forever. I think this is bad because many users never come back. It ties up that user name (Probably not a real problem here). In some cases (Before I started writing them all down) I have forgotten what user name and password I used, or at least had forgotten the password, and had registered with a now defunct E-Mail address (And thus couldn't be sent my password). Life is rough when you get old...
A better idea seems to be to drop inactive users after some period of time, say a year. One sight I know "Suspends" inactive users, and lets them reactivate for some period before they are dropped. In any case, if a user returns after being dropped they can simply sign up again, no big deal there.