How long is safe in clover clamps?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
looselois

How long is safe in clover clamps?

Post by looselois »

Just wanted to get responses on how long women have worn clover clamps. I've worn them for 30 minutes (with weights attached) and the soreness went after a day. I would like to wear them for a lot longer but I do not want to cause permanent damage. Can anyone share their experience as to the longest time they can be worn. Pain is not the issue but I do not want to cause permanent damage.

Thanks

Lois
lj

Re: How long is safe in clover clamps?

Post by lj »

Being male, I can't answer from a female perspective! The physical shape, size, and biological function are clearly different. There is also a wide variation in the actual shape and size, female to female. Then there is the variability between pairs of clover clamps and the increased tension caused by additional weight. And finally, this isn't a subject that has been researched scientifically (but if anyone want to find several thousand women prepared to suffer for Science, I am happy to apply the clamps :twisted: )

So, 30 minutes sounds fine, I've applied(to a female) or had applied clamps (to me ) for that length of time with some soreness but full recovery.

The most likely form of damage will come from restriction of blood supply - if the area goes white, there is the potential for damage. On the female nipple, the larger size relative to the clamp tip means this is less likely than for the smaller male - but a man is not going to be breast-feeding ! whilst the woman may have that in her future and needs to bear that in mind.

Just an aside, it is far more "fun" to apply clamps for perhaps ten minutes, release them quickly, tweak the nipple and then re-apply them. A minor nipple caning is a helpful addition. Then do it all again. Several times... (sadist? me ? )
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

A half hour is about the most I've "enjoyed" them. At least the part where they're on.

But we all know that nipple clamps are the gift that keeps on giving... my nipples were very sensitive for at least a day after removal, to the point where I could feel every detail of the texture of the cloth of even my softest, smoothest bra. :shock:

LJ's recommendations are quite "fun", as he says. :whip:
lj wrote:(sadist? me ? )
Oh, come on... just a little bit? :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Cloverclamps are one of the few ones you can wear longer without risking permanent damage, especially if you don't place them on the nipple itself, but rather on the base.

I've tried to wear them for as long as I could have them, including other clamps and stuff. I've been able to wear clover clamps for about 45 to 50 minutes before the soreness was so bad I just couldn't bare it anymore. And note, after about 30 minutes, it will become increasingly sore. You'll be fighting to keep them on, and forget any other pain, unless that pain is worse, and your mind automatically shuts down other pain. (yes our mind works like that)

Be sure to torture yourself by squeezing your nipples after removing the clamps, even if just gently. This will greatly help increase any constraints, and its awesome to do anyway because it will hurt like nothing you've tried, but as soon as you stop, the pain stops too. So its very tempting to squeeze it a few times. ;)

With my experience in pain levels, I guess I would advise a maximum of 45 minutes. Don't worry, I doubt you'll last longer. Just be safe and don't do a self bondage session where you are forcing yourself to wear them for a long time without being able to get them off before you reached a safe limit. When you are hitting the danger zone, the pain will change and become more dull. Remove when that happens. I haven't had this with cloverclamps attached for 50 minutes, but as pointed out earlier, different clamps, different nipples, different outcome.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

My (male) experience:
- office clamps (not clover) and workshop plastic clamps (various sizes)
- 30 minutes and I can repeat after a short pause
- almost 1hour on, and one day recovery after
- office clamps (larger "mouth") does less damage than workshop ones (1/3x1/3 inches pad - 8x8mm)
- larger clamps "bite" the base and hurt less at first, harder to the end...
- worst scenario: put them on with string, and unintentionally hook the string and jerk them off - excruciating pain!

Best after using them: shower and wife's moisturizing cream...

Have fun, don't hurt Yourself (unless You like it...)
f4
repe68

Post by repe68 »

I have had clover clamps on for 2 full hours. Combined with a pulling device, pulled the nipples every 8th second.

And yes, they were tender after that. And a few days after, still I remembered what I had been doing.

But I do not say it is for everyone to do. Your results may vary.
looselois

Post by looselois »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have an online dom and we have discussed a scenario where I wear clover clamps with my hands cuffed behind me. I use an ice lock to hold a weight attached to the clamp chain a bit above my head and attached to a firm bracket high on the wall. Result: I am unable to free myself until the ice melts and when it does, I get the mother of all tit wretches when the weight falls. But I didn't want to try it until I understood the risks better. I know the time of the ice lock so I can start the scenario when there is only 30 - 40 minutes to go. :whip:
batr

Post by batr »

I think any period of time is safe. The body will normally tell you when its been to long. I've seen people wear some extremely large plugs for example with no adverse effects. Aside for a gape that last an hour. I know this doesn't truly relate to clamps. It's just me thinking how the body would react.
My Tumblr
Only worth looking at if you like shibari.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

With clamps it is differently, because you effectively stop blood circulation. When any body part is not receiving blood for an extended period of time, it dies off and when that happens it literally falls of. This can grow requiring medical threatment and amputation.

But before this happen, you really are a long way into the session. Its better to be safe than sorry which it is that most people recommend a maximum of 20 minutes. Clover clamps work slightly differently. They don't pull much unless something like weight etc is attached, which means they won't grip that much and thus won't cut circulation. Even with weights attached to it, when you swing the weight, the clamps shortly release their grip causing blood circulation to happen even if very slightly. This means that you can increase the playtime depending on how much weight (if any) is added. Without weight I think 50 minutes is safe, but placement matters and as soon as the flesh turns white, don't go too long and keep a max of 20 minutes just to be safe from that moment on.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
sub_pcuck

Post by sub_pcuck »

2 hours is my record. I do know of a sub who somehow went 4 hours!
bound_bert

Post by bound_bert »

Hmmm. Good question. I used to use them all the time, but I found that my nipples were incredibly sensitive after getting them pierced about a year ago. The sensation was to my liking, but w/ small male nipples, the clamps were too close to the piercing and caused bleeding.

That said, I think for me, the clovers caused tissue damage after only 15 minutes. I noticed that my nipples became less and less sensitive as I made longer uses of the clamps. Definitely pay attention to the color of your nipples at the tip to be sure you don't cause damage.

Since the piercings I've gone to electric nipple "clamps" (they are so flimsy they require rubber bands to keep them on) where the sensation can vary from purring pleasure to intense pain - I haven't had issues w/ decreasing sensitivity using the electric.

P.S. looselois - your avatar is a hoot!
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

Being male, and using them regularly on sessions, or just for fun, and can do 30-35 mins with a little weight attached to the string. It seems to be the nice threshold where "for fun pinching" can evolve into increasingly soreness. I tend to never overextend that time and if I'm gonna to use clamps on a session I pre-plan my scenario taking that into account.
I use to pinch them at the base, and rarely on the nipple itself, and as I don't live alone yet, I have plenty of recover time between nipple clamps usages.
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I "like", I use the word loosely, to put them on pointing upwards and then hang enough weight on them to pull them down to past the horizontal position, add a little juddering up and down and it increases the fun.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.