How did you start?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Mike

Re: How did you start?

Post by Mike »

I was 14 or so. At some point when I was home alone I got the urge to tie myself up. I liked it and some time later found out it's a fetish thing.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

As I've already mentioned in a few threads of this nature, around 5 or 6! I sneaked into a closet and had fun with belts and stuff, inspired by the many TV cartoon shows where some female character gets tied up and struggles a lot.

Basically, I was corrupted by television... :rofl:

Later I found that tying myself up made me feel good, in that special kind of way. :wink:

And thus my preference for ropes was established.

Eventually I found that many people enjoyed the same kind of naughty pleasure I did.

And the rest is history. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Gdip

Post by Gdip »

I always liked the sensation of being restrained from a pretty young age. It's kinda hard to remember the first thing I ever did that would count as SB but I remember wrapping myself in blankets and then I moved to using belts to tie my legs together and after that it kinda just steadily escalated to full on SB.
Amordaza

Post by Amordaza »

I think my first true self bondage experience was in college. My roommate left early for spring break, and I had our dorm room to myself. At night, with only a small study lamp on, I took some rope and tried to tie myself to my desk chair. It failed miserably.

The next time I tried, I was living in the upstairs apartment of a remodeled house about a year or two later. I would use rope for tying my legs: I remember seeing a picture of a woman's leg bindings cinched in a picture and wondered why the rigger had done that. I tried it on myself, and once I felt the ropes tighten, I said, "Oooohh! That's why they do that!" Shortly after that, I cinched all my bindings.

For gags and blindfolds, I used either bandanas, scarves, or pillow cases. I didn't buy "bondage" equipment like ball gags. I had not yet learned how to use a wrist coil and SRD, so I wrapped dog collars up in bandanas and then tied the dog collars around my wrists and locked them into place (the bandanas reduced chaffing). I could then padlock the two collars from each wrist together behind my back in order to secure my hands behind me. It wasn't until some years later that I become more proficient with wrist coils and SRDs and the like.

And...that's how I started.