3D printed bondage toys

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SissyTina

Re: 3D printed bondage toys

Post by SissyTina »

Ponoko taking its time...

diyguy, did you get a chance to print it?

Tina.
slobin

Post by slobin »

Why to print restrains only? Some guy have put it reverse: according to slashdot, he is opening "high-secure" handcuffs whith cheap plastic 3d-printed keys. (link)
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

AND they just came today!!

Ice lock:
Seems to be fairly successful, but I'm worried that the holes on the shaft may be too small. Air bubble may form in there then it won't be as secure. Just filled it up and put it into freezer. Will see what happens tomorrow? (hopefully no cracking from pressure) The construction feels very secure to me.

Gag:
Pretty good! The tongue depressor doesn't have as big of an effect as I had imagined, but still pretty annoying :D. I have only worn it for 10 minutes, so no drooling yet. Definitely feeling very "drooly" though. Already put on a swimsuit in preparation. Making my jaw very sore already!

Both:
Extremely pleased with the quality. Plastic felt very durable, and resolution is very high.

Enjoy!
Tina.
Attachments
IMG_20120718_211720.jpg
IMG_20120718_214207.jpg
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Hey Tina,

so sorry to let you wait this long. My prints failed multiple times. I was not able to print the overhangs correctly :(

Your parts seem to be of high quality!

Enjoy them :)
Do it yourself bondage stuff to get yourself in self bondage :D
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

The ice lock also works. Lasted about 30 minutes in my 25C (~80F) room.
The_Toy_Maker

Post by The_Toy_Maker »

Hi, first post. Signed up because of this thread.

I have been an avid toy maker for many years now from plastic, leather to metal and wood toys and furniture. I just recently bought a 3D printer and have opened up a huge realm of
possibilities as far as sex toys and bondage gear.

Any round objects ie, plugs, eggs, gags etc can be printed with extra material so I can hold it in my wood lathe and sand/paint/polish it to a really nice finish. I am doing a set of anal-dialators at the moment. I will coat them in a food-grade polyurethane.

Anything that has significant undercuts or irregular shapes can be quite tricky to get a nice finish on, but it can be done, just takes time.

For production or commercial uses, you can print+finish, then create a mold which can be used to create a dozen or more copies. Much more efficient. A 2" x 4" plug, can take 4 or more hours to print out.

I will take some picks of the pieces I have done and post them up if anybody is interested.
The Slinky

Post by The Slinky »

Hello toymaker will to the forums. I would be interested in seeing those pictures are sure others are too. I think the idea of 3-D print is pretty neat and might be a hot market one day.
bounddreams2008

Post by bounddreams2008 »

Can someone please help me. I am lost with the CAD and solidworks and all that. I am trying to upload the plans for the ice lock and cant seem to get them to work i have downloaded them and unzipped them but The Ponoko site says its the wrong type.
Am i doing something wrong or am i just an idiot. Lol I hope im not stepping on anyones toes by trying to get those plans if i am please just tell me. And im sorry in advance
Coldsteel

Post by Coldsteel »

I've printed a couple.

I've learned that you can embed neodymium magnets in the print (as it occurs) and they'll act like pretty impressive springs.
Here's a render of a monster I recently printed (about 11 hours build time on a Replicator 1):
housetrap.jpg
housetrap.jpg (17.69 KiB) Viewed 6950 times
There are monofilament lines that will pull up the plastic "lock plungers" when the ice cube in the center chamber has melted.
Without exposure to hot water, it takes quite a while for the cube to melt (more than 40 minutes before I say, "To hell with it" and hold my hands and the plastic contraption under the tap).
The slots in the sides are perfectly shaped to allow leather Posey locking cuffs to be admitted.
you snap one cuff into one side, the magnet-powered lock descends, you snap the other in the other side, and you've lost pretty much all mobility for a good 40 minutes.
Lemme go take a picture of the whole thing...
actual.jpg
It's kinda cool. The whole "Neodymium magnets as springs" idea was kinda a mindblower.
But it works.

(Oh, this is my first post, so please forgive any transgressions of etiquette that I may have undertaken...)

-Coldsteel.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Coldsteel wrote:....

(Oh, this is my first post, so please forgive any transgressions of etiquette that I may have undertaken...)

-Coldsteel.
Welcome aboard!

Looks very nice, but please elaborate a bit on how it is working?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, a nice looking device. At first I thought about the Taj Mahal... but anyway, it is a work of art.
Coldsteel wrote:(Oh, this is my first post, so please forgive any transgressions of etiquette that I may have undertaken...)
You're fine. If you had transgressed, you would have found out... :whip: :twisted:

Unless, of course, you want a good flogging, then it's good enough to just ask. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Coldsteel

Post by Coldsteel »

Well, the little house-looking thing (I call it "Chesty Puller" for no apparent reason) is attached to some monofilament lines that run inside the plastic.
Little chisel-ended, free-sliding pieces of plastic with embedded magnets get pushed "up" by the incoming posey hasp, and the magnetic force slips 'em back into place, preventing removal of the hasp.
The monofilament ties to the little plastic chisel guys, and when you pull out Chesty Puller, it pulls on the monofilament which pulls up the little chisel-ended pieces, freeing the poseys for removal.
Chesty's inside is hollow, and an ice-cube stick in the central cavity prevents its removal until melting. Here are some views of Chesty. The holes in the back are where the monofilament attaches. The oval in the front is where the string goes so you can pull it out after the ice cube melts.
chesty_views.jpg
Here's the hasp incoming to the slot. The little free-sliding chisel guy is in grey (as is the hasp):
inc_hasp.jpg
The square hole on the side is so my modelling software will create a void in the plastic so I can insert the magnet.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Coldsteel wrote:(I call it "Chesty Puller" for no apparent reason)
The last thing on my mind when the name "Chesty" is invoked is a Marine Corps General... :shock:

Which is probably the same thing on the minds of just about everyone else here... :rofl:

Come to think of it, I was called Chesty by someone a while back... :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Please, elaborate on the spring magnet lock! This is brilliant work
Do it yourself bondage stuff to get yourself in self bondage :D
ShadowBound

Post by ShadowBound »

Hi, seems like the thread died but wanted to share my results. Wont be getting my printer for over half a year but started designing anyway.

The collar has a small hole which I'm hoping will work as a keyhole. If it doesn't then might aswell have it as a permanent collar. Can always tear it off and print a new one if you need to :P
Want to print it with wood filament so it looks like wood.

Thoughts?