3D printed bondage toys

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
ponylady

Re: 3D printed bondage toys

Post by ponylady »

Thoughts?
can you airbrush it ?

has to look semirealistically at least or it "won't work"
[
ShadowBound

Post by ShadowBound »

Well you could airbrush it, but that picture is just a computer model. My printer arrives in January so until then I can't test it out.
But you can paint 3d printed things, so if that is the route you want to take go for it. Personally I want to use a wood-like material and then maybe stain it.
You could also go for glow in the dark or temperature controlled color.

Next thing I'll model is a wall attached dungeon cuff. Or perhaps darby style cuffs, the thing is you can't really test the unlocking mechanisms until you print it which is a while away...
Arcon

Post by Arcon »

Hi everyone!
It seems the thread has died down a bit, but I decided to share my thought and results on the subject. Personally, I think 3D printing opens a really broad range of opportunities for us bondage and especially self-bondage lovers, allowing our creative minds almost instantly put our fantasies into reality. So far, aside from the above mentioned articles in this thread, I have encountered on the web two potentially useful in self-bondage items.

More specifically on the Thingiverse.com website:
1. Printable Handcuffs by gianteye
2. Customisable cuffs & collar by fastkite

Regarding the handcuffs - I did print them out and they do work, albeit not exactly as I expected them to. The overall structure is pretty rigid and unbreakable once assembled, but the locking mechanism really leaves much to be desired - a slight pull on a specific part of the cuff and they unlock in a heartbeat. What I'll try to do is to modify the model, make them stronger and virtually inescapable. Oh yes, the unlocking technique is also pretty unreliable - will have to take that in mind.

Now regarding the cuffs and the collar. I haven't printed out the collar, but I have printed out the cuffs (the collar is simply an enlarged version of the cuffs). What I like about that file on Thingiverse is that it is fully customisable - you can add an engraving or an emboss on the collar or cuffs, can actually set the desired thickness and the desired diameter.
The cuffs work much like the steel cuffs with the hex screw, except in place of the hex screw they implement a pin - a piece of strong paperclip or wire will do. Once inserted, it is impossible to remove the pin from the cuff unless you have another pin of the same width or smaller. That does allow to use the ice release mechanism, but not really to the full extent - I suppose you could find more than one paper clip at home :) So what I decided to do is to take a shot at redesigning the cuffs, so that they would be padlock lockable. We'll see how that goes.

I would very much like to attach the photos, but due to size limitations and some other issues it appears I'm unable to do that.
Will keep you posted.
sandalee

Post by sandalee »

SissyTina wrote:AND they just came today!!

Ice lock:
Seems to be fairly successful, but I'm worried that the holes on the shaft may be too small. Air bubble may form in there then it won't be as secure. Just filled it up and put it into freezer. Will see what happens tomorrow? (hopefully no cracking from pressure) The construction feels very secure to me.

Gag:
Pretty good! The tongue depressor doesn't have as big of an effect as I had imagined, but still pretty annoying :D. I have only worn it for 10 minutes, so no drooling yet. Definitely feeling very "drooly" though. Already put on a swimsuit in preparation. Making my jaw very sore already!

Both:
Extremely pleased with the quality. Plastic felt very durable, and resolution is very high.

Enjoy!
Tina.
Just curious- how much did it cost making all of these (printing, I mean)? And what was the weight of the gag?

Just took a look of some local 3D printing shops and the prices are pretty good (25€ for 1kg - 100g=2,5€) plus working money.
Arcon

Post by Arcon »

An update to the pin-locking cuffs:
As promised, since yesterday I looked into the model and redesigned it to be padlock lockable. I'll try to print it out whenever I have sufficient time to print them and clean them up. There also seem to be some issues with the inbuilt hinge (since they all print at once in one model), so I'll try to modify it further to the extent of making it really secure and inescapable.

Meanwhile, a render of the padlock lockable version, just so you would get the idea:
Attachments
lock_cuff20001.png
KittenBondagewench

Post by KittenBondagewench »

It has been a while and I am wondering if anyone made one that actually cannot be removed without the hassle of destroying it that is actually hard to hide?
nimaid

Post by nimaid »

SissyTina wrote:Sorry I had no time to work on this at all till now. Was flying all over the world (literally).

Made some minor modifications. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to make the TD curve with the ball with my limited CAD skills :(.

I think I'll try to get it printed, though, just to see what it's like, and feel it a bit.

Solidworks file also attached (rename the txt to .sldprt).

Tina.
I remembered seeing this years ago and printing it out. I decided to come back to it earlier today and re-make it. I cleaned it up a little, made the CAD file fully parametric and variable-driven, and yes, I made the tongue depressor curve with the ball. :)

You can find both the CAD file (SolidWorks 2016) and the STL at the following Thingiverse page: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1616666
occorics

Post by occorics »

Thanks for the STL, nimaid. I'll try that on the weekend...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Dang how I wish I still had access to Solidworks...
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
nimaid

Post by nimaid »

Gregovic wrote:Dang how I wish I still had access to Solidworks...
What parameters do you want changed?
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Not really about parameter changes, it's just that I used Solidworks throughout my Mechanical Engineering studies and internships, then about 3 years ago I finished and got a job where I suddenly no longer have access to Solidworks. I had started some designs for kinky stuff, but never got them finished. I just love mucking about in Solidworks coming up with mechanisms and stuff I will probably never have the time/money/space to construct. I'd switch to Fusion 360 or something if I had a system capable of running it, but due to being in the midst of a home remodelling all I have access to right now is a crappy WinXP laptop that can't run it.

Kinky Engineering is the best kind of Engineering :rofl:

Edit: I should add, for my current employer I use Siemens NX, but that is linked to a central database and can't store the models offline. I might be a bit crazy but I'm not about to put my "hobby" projects on my employers servers.
nimaid

Post by nimaid »

Gregovic wrote:Not really about parameter changes, it's just that I used Solidworks throughout my Mechanical Engineering studies and internships, then about 3 years ago I finished and got a job where I suddenly no longer have access to Solidworks. I had started some designs for kinky stuff, but never got them finished. I just love mucking about in Solidworks coming up with mechanisms and stuff I will probably never have the time/money/space to construct. I'd switch to Fusion 360 or something if I had a system capable of running it, but due to being in the midst of a home remodelling all I have access to right now is a crappy WinXP laptop that can't run it.

Edit: I should add, for my current employer I use Siemens NX, but that is linked to a central database and can't store the models offline. I might be a bit crazy but I'm not about to put my "hobby" projects on my employers servers.
Yeah, solidworks is my favorite toy. Hey, if you don't mind, what were some of the designs you thought of?

Also, it's easy to go to a local Hackerspace and print wierd looking mechanical parts like this.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

An electromechanical lock, a self-bondage chair, stocks, and some other stuff. None of it was anything past conceptual design really, and for the moment I wouldn't have the tools to make any of them either.
feistydelight

Post by feistydelight »

nimaid wrote:
SissyTina wrote:Sorry I had no time to work on this at all till now. Was flying all over the world (literally).

Made some minor modifications. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to make the TD curve with the ball with my limited CAD skills :(.

I think I'll try to get it printed, though, just to see what it's like, and feel it a bit.

Solidworks file also attached (rename the txt to .sldprt).

Tina.
I remembered seeing this years ago and printing it out. I decided to come back to it earlier today and re-make it. I cleaned it up a little, made the CAD file fully parametric and variable-driven, and yes, I made the tongue depressor curve with the ball. :)

You can find both the CAD file (SolidWorks 2016) and the STL at the following Thingiverse page: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1616666

Very unique design! I scaled it up just a smidge and dropped some 2" O-rings into the holes mid-print. Added leather straps and a buckle and it's a unique experience. The downside is that it seems to rotate downward, due to tongue pressure. I think a better design might be to make square holes for either a 5/8", 3/4" or 1" leather strap to attach directly to the bit. Removing the O-rings would keep it from being able to rotate, and make for a more effective gag. If I get bored one day, I might try to tweak the model, a bit, unless someone beats me to it. :gag:
feistydelight

Post by feistydelight »

Gregovic wrote:Not really about parameter changes, it's just that I used Solidworks throughout my Mechanical Engineering studies and internships, then about 3 years ago I finished and got a job where I suddenly no longer have access to Solidworks. I had started some designs for kinky stuff, but never got them finished. I just love mucking about in Solidworks coming up with mechanisms and stuff I will probably never have the time/money/space to construct. I'd switch to Fusion 360 or something if I had a system capable of running it, but due to being in the midst of a home remodelling all I have access to right now is a crappy WinXP laptop that can't run it.

Omigosh, i thought the company I work for was the only one that still uses NX. You have my sympathy... :-?