3D printed bondage toys

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SissyTina

3D printed bondage toys

Post by SissyTina »

Just wondering if anyone has been playing with making 3D printed sex toys? With so many cheap 3D printing services available now, it seems like it would be endless fun!

For those that haven't heard of it - essentially, nowadays there is technology to print 3D objects layer by layer, in plastic (or even metal, if you are willing to pay a little more). All you need to do is design whatever you want in a 3D modeling program, and send the file to them. They will print it out, and send it back to you in a week or 2. It's used in industry for rapid prototyping.

They usually charge by volume, and are pretty inexpensive. For example, Ponoko (http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/how-it-works), the most popular service, will print plastic (nylon) for you for just $1.70/cm^3. Or $10.53/cm^3 for stainless steel.

I just thought about this because I've been investigating ice-release locks, and really like designs like these - http://www.amazon.com/Mr-S-Leather-Stai ... B003VSRBQY since they can never fail (I can't think of any failure mode that will not result in release), but they want an arm and a leg for it (which is understandable, due to the R&D cost and small market). However, if you don't need that kind of strength, you can probably get a plastic version printed for just a few dollars.

Of course there are some restrictions on what you can do (no very fine detail, or heavy structure supported by thin wires, etc), but you can get pretty creative already. Weird shaped gags anyone? I would want to make something like a scold's bridle, but my 3D modeling skill is not there yet. Or, for example, restraints customized for your body.

I'll definitely try to make the ice lock, though.

Tina.
bound_jenny

Re: 3D printed bondage toys

Post by bound_jenny »

There's already been a thread on this subject: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=5828

Any number of naughty items cross my mind at the thought of this... :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

Oh oh that is great!

I'll see what I can do and report back :D.

Tina.
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

First design - a gag!

It's a combination of ball gag, funnel gag, and a brank. There's a big opening in the middle so vomiting and choking shouldn't be a problem (good for self bondage).

But that doesn't mean the gag is comfortable! The attaching "rod" doesn't go through the center of the ball like they usually do on ball gags. Instead, it's shifted towards the front, so the ball (~1.8") will sit further back.

The flat piece should hold the tongue down. For no good reason. Just some extra discomfort :). Not sure how big it should be, yet. Will need some experimenting.

I also predict profuse drooling :D.

I'm pretty sure I won't get this right the first time, and will need to do a few iterations, but I'm pretty excited!

Any suggestions? The goal is to make an uncomfortable (but not painful) gag, and still safe for self bondage.

Thanks
Tina.
Attachments
gag.png
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I just adore your kinky imagination... :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

Just keep in mind that some of the materials used in 3D-Printing can be toxic, especially if you want to design gags or other parts that will sit on eerrr... mucosa (thanks leo :D ).
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

very nice idea. have to build one like these.

since you print it, three ideas for improvement:

# don't make the tounguedepressor rectangular, but round or an oval.
# the TD shouldn't protude from the ball's edges, but fit into the edges of the ball.
*this may sound like it would be more comfortable, but with these modifications you can push it in much tighter.*
# you could add some rounded spikes to the underside of the TD for further "comfort improvement".
cooper1337 wrote:Just keep in mind that some of the materials used in 3D-Printing can be toxic, especially if you want to design gags or other parts that will sit on eerrr... mucosa (thanks leo :D ).
yup, but you can allways gives those printed toy a liquid latex coating.
[
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

I just adore your kinky imagination...
Thanks, Jenny! Means a lot hearing that from you :rofl:
very nice idea. have to build one like these.

since you print it, three ideas for improvement:

# don't make the tounguedepressor rectangular, but round or an oval.
# the TD shouldn't protude from the ball's edges, but fit into the edges of the ball.
*this may sound like it would be more comfortable, but with these modifications you can push it in much tighter.*
# you could add some rounded spikes to the underside of the TD for further "comfort improvement".
Ohh those are good ideas. Will get on them tonight! Except for the spikes. I'd be too scared :D.
yup, but you can allways gives those printed toy a liquid latex coating.
Never heard of it, but will definitely look it up.

Tina.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I see the potential for a new section on boundanna.com "Print your own toys." 8)
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

Definitely!

3D printing should open a whole new can of worms. It's cheap, and you can get very creative, since it's much more flexible than conventional manufacturing methods.
jakkie

Post by jakkie »

What a super design idea - particularly with PL's mods.

I want one already!
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

Thanks! And is PL's mods?

Tina.
jakkie

Post by jakkie »

I meant Ponylady's modifications - lazy typist..... :)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

jakkie wrote:I meant Ponylady's modifications - lazy typist..... :)
well, at least you didn't call them PL's boobs.
:shock: :shock:
[
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Could you perhaps share the CAD File, or the STL file 8) :whip:

I like your design!
Do it yourself bondage stuff to get yourself in self bondage :D