Handcuff Safety?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
CaptainJoe

Re: Handcuff Safety?

Post by CaptainJoe »

concerning hinged handcuffs - I really like ASP-Cuffs: they have keyholes on both sides so you cannot end up with the keyholes facing the wrong way!

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

CaptainJoe wrote:concerning hinged handcuffs - I really like ASP-Cuffs: they have keyholes on both sides so you cannot end up with the keyholes facing the wrong way!

Joe.
correct me if i'm wrong: if my memory is still correct CJ is a "leading" member of THE german handcuff-board.

so, we just had another expert joining our little community.
[
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

ponylady wrote:correct me if i'm wrong: if my memory is still correct CJ is a "leading" member of THE german handcuff-board.

so, we just had another expert joining our little community.
thanks for your praise - I'd not consider myself as 'leading' member. But your memory is correct: I'm quite active in handschellenforum.de and always try to prevent people from doing stupid things with handcuffs in selfbondage.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
vanessa_fetish

Post by vanessa_fetish »

I'd only use handcuffs (even with the double lock) for pretty tame self bondage sessions. NEVER the cheap garbage with none. And never in a hogtie (did that when I started... big mistake). If there is no pressure being used with the cuffs (ie it's not locked/tied to anything etc) then simple hands in front or back so long as basic SB "rules" are followed is not a problem.

I'd much more recommend leather or thick rubber cuffs (for the vegans) than actual cuffs.

In "regular" BDSM play I don't hardly use them anyhow unless it's a "police scene" usually. I prefer rope or leather cuffs myself.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

or thick rubber cuffs (for the vegans)
rofl, my girlfriend was telling me a story about some vegans she was hanging out with, they were shopping, and she was buying some leather boots. they apparently scoffed at her because they were leather. i heard vegans could be mean, but i had never heard of them turning down leather until then. i thought they just refused to eat the things. i cannot imagine a life without some sort of animal byproduct and it seems like attempting to do so would make me a very foul person with all the things i would be busy considering.

not true, i could. a 100% latex fetishist life would be pretty awesome. also very expensive.
anon7

Post by anon7 »

Those with wrists too small for standard handcuffs might also try these things: https://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/zak-t ... ff-helper/
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

bobbi wrote:
or thick rubber cuffs (for the vegans)
rofl, my girlfriend was telling me a story about some vegans she was hanging out with, they were shopping, and she was buying some leather boots. they apparently scoffed at her because they were leather. i heard vegans could be mean, but i had never heard of them turning down leather until then. i thought they just refused to eat the things. i cannot imagine a life without some sort of animal byproduct and it seems like attempting to do so would make me a very foul person with all the things i would be busy considering.

not true, i could. a 100% latex fetishist life would be pretty awesome. also very expensive.
I had a vegetarian girlfriend for a couple of years and while she wouldn't wear leather (made an exception for my lined wrist and ankle cuffs though) she actually volunteered latex as an alternative when I suggested getting her a leather skirt or dress. Obviously I wasn't going to argue.