Material of choice?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

Which Material do you prefer to wear/use?

Leather
29%
Rubber / Latex
18%
PVC / Vinyl
6%
Cotton
4%
Silk
8%
Metal (All Varieties)
31%
Other (Specify)
4%

Total votes: 49

huve

Material of choice?

Post by huve »

I was curious to know what materials people like to use when indulging in SB. I myself like leather. In my other, non SB, life I like head to toe rubber being a diver.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I Edited the poll and merged rubber with latex and PVC with vinyl. Sorry for stepping on your toes but it makes more sense that way since latex is natural rubber and PVC is also called vinyl.

Latex on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latex
Vinyl on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

While I really LOVE the taut feel of latex, I find it difficlt to incorporate in selfbondage.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
SweetNicole

Post by SweetNicole »

I like the feeling of all kinds of ropes and chains, but besides that I really like wearing silk, satin, or lace lingerie. It gives me the chance to indulge in the softer side of bondage. It's great!

Lovies,
Nicole
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

SweetNicole wrote:
I like the feeling of all kinds of ropes . . . . I really like wearing silk, satin, or lace lingerie
I know what you mean SweetNicole. My favorite bedtime bondage involves lots of soft nylon rope and a full length silk or satin nightgown. Panties, hose, blindfold, gag, and anal insert are optional and vary depending on how the mood strikes me. :P
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
LyBoy418

Post by LyBoy418 »

First off, Hi, Its my first post :)

I'm a big fan of lycra/spandex, especially full zentai suits. Thankfully they are nowhere near as expensive as latex/rubber suits. I might possibly own a few :twisted:
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

I just love the strong feel of metal handcuffs on my wrists and ankles.
Love Ashley
xoxo
dracae

Post by dracae »

Metal for locking wrists, ancles and also the collar... but I don't mind a leather gag or hood.

Edit: ...or my nice and tight leather posture collar seen in my avatar :)
Last edited by dracae on 27 Sep 2006, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
W_SelfBondager

Post by W_SelfBondager »

4 me i love ROPS :D
neo

Post by neo »

This has got to be a trick question...
For the actual bondage? Leather, locks and chains... comfortable, predictable and no escape possible. Must admit I'm tempted to try a rope hog tie though.
For the body in the bondage?
Yums... Just about anything, though nylons and satin are high on the list.
[Pouts: Guess I need more silk in my collection!]
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

leather for me, please.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

Difficult to chose just one, then latex for me.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Give me steel and chain every time, I dont know how you can tie yourself for real with rope. rope also cuts off the blood flow. but to each there own, as long as you love and play bondage your OK in my book.
Cindy
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
huve

Post by huve »

I have recently seen the appeal of using chain to bind the wrists, ankles and neck. I got the idea from a film I saw recently, where three of the main characters were wearing some heavy chain around their necks attaced together with a padlock. I started to think this could be done on the wrists and ankles aswell, I will get some chain and try it out, maybe with some pictures if I can work that out.

Presumably it would not be difficult to attach these together with extra lengths of chain for bondage.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

This is what I use, it makes it easy to put yourself in bondage, I order all my gear on the internet.
Cindy

If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM