Material of choice?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

Which Material do you prefer to wear/use?

Leather
29%
Rubber / Latex
18%
PVC / Vinyl
6%
Cotton
4%
Silk
8%
Metal (All Varieties)
31%
Other (Specify)
4%

Total votes: 49

LWallis

Post by LWallis »

Wow Cindy123, those manacles are really impressive. Don't suppose you want to model them for us? :P

How close of a fit are they? The ankle cuffs look rather large - do they go around boots - or directly around the ankle?

Oh and 1 more. :) - How heavy is the collar?
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

LWallis.
They were custom made for me, you take mesurements of your neck, wrists, and ankles and they are made to your size. the are very comfortable for long periods of time. I like the locks that are used also (see picture) the neck ring is 3/4 lb and is very comfortable. I always use this system because your hands dont get numb, and the blood flow is good.
and the fact escape is out of the question!
Cindy ;-)

If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Material of choice?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Might be obvious, but metal for me. Second would probably be leather.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

To wear, I prefer cotton, nylon, lycra. That tight feeling it's the best one. Also aesthetically it does it for me over latex clothes. Stockings, corsets with garter belts, pantyhose...all these must be cotton for me.
To tie myself up, I like rope. My favourite type and the one I find the most comfortable is cotton rope. I can use it to make wrist and ankle ties for my spreadeagles, ties for frogtie or my genitals. I dislike hemp ropes, they're ugly and uncomfortable for long periods.
I still don't own leather cuffs, but I can get why they can be better than rope. Probably my opinion changes too once I get my pairs.
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
ZipMeUp

Post by ZipMeUp »

For me, nothing beats the feel and inescapability of metal. It's hard to beat the feeling of being stuck without a doubt until the release goes off. I've tried using rope before, but more often than not I end up figuring out how to get out well before time is set to expire.
On the other hand, I am yet to escape from my high security Chicago X22 police handcuffs. I wear padding underneath to protect my wrists but it doesn't diminish the "oh shit" feeling when I snap the last cuff shut.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.