problems locking wrists

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
john

problems locking wrists

Post by john »

As the titel sais, i always struggle with locking my wrists together, especially when i try to lock them strictly behind my back. I either use a length of chain between my two leather cuffs or i try locking them with a single padlock. One allows for to much movement for my liking and with the other i struggle to lock (or indeed unlock afterwards) the padlock. Any tips or methods to lock my wrists tightly behind my back with cuffs and padlock? (I dont use ropes for writs cause my release method is a key dropping)
Cheers
lj

Re: problems locking wrists

Post by lj »

you could use a cable tie (zip tie) AND a padlock.

Lock the padlock onto one cuff, then use the cable tie to secure the second cuff to the padlock.

You can get some very strong cable ties, perhaps 1/4" (6mm) wide or more, way stronger than your abilities to break them, and they will need strong wire cutters to cut through, so your key is the most likely way to escape.

The advantage is you can start the cable-tie very loose, then tighten it when ready.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

lj wrote:you could use a cable tie (zip tie) AND a padlock.

Lock the padlock onto one cuff, then use the cable tie to secure the second cuff to the padlock.
Or use more cable ties with that system. If they are all about equally tightened, it is impossible to pull them apart by muscle power. In particular with the hands behind the back (if your hands are in front, there is a possibility to break them with just muscle power).
That makes it easier to cut them one by one with safety scissors if the padlock jammed.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

I use these to secure my hands. The magnetic key is much easier to manipulate (and lays along one edge of the lock instead of inserting into the opposite end as the shackle), and they close themselves by spring tension once you rotate the shackle to the closing position.
https://amzn.to/3NYLwAg
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

davisev5225 wrote:I use these to secure my hands. The magnetic key is much easier to manipulate (and lays along one edge of the lock instead of inserting into the opposite end as the shackle), and they close themselves by spring tension once you rotate the shackle to the closing position.
81RE6UcyvAL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
81RE6UcyvAL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg (8.7 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
lj

Post by lj »

kinbaku wrote:
lj wrote:you could use a cable tie (zip tie) AND a padlock.

Or use more cable ties with that system. If they are all about equally tightened, it is impossible to pull them apart by muscle power. In particular with the hands behind the back (if your hands are in front, there is a possibility to break them with just muscle power).
That makes it easier to cut them one by one with safety scissors if the padlock jammed.
I suggested very wide cable ties (ask Jenny about corset boning with them!), just one will be more than adequate to secure wrists together in front or behind, and when tightened, safety scissors won't have anything to grab, they have rounded "points" to the blades, which is why I suggest wire cutters which have a pointed "nose" and will cut the thickest cable ties. Don't ever think scissors will do the job, even on the thin ones - I learnt from experience having used a cable tie in exactly this scenario and used a pair of scissors which broke apart at the pivot and a blade sliced my hand causing a deep cut and lots of blood :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
john

Post by john »

thanks for all the suggestions. Ill give it a try next time
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

davisev5225 wrote:The magnetic key is much easier to manipulate (and lays along one edge of the lock instead of inserting into the opposite end as the shackle), and they close themselves by spring tension once you rotate the shackle to the closing position.
They are currently available on AliExpress with a 40% discount: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050052 ... pt=glo2nld.
Unfortunately with only one key. :cry: I have bought 2 pieces of a larger size (40 mm x 30 mm) and will let you know if the key fits both. :wink:

If you use the wide zip ties you should definitely use a wire cutter.
Test it with your hands in front of you so that you see what you are doing: due to the unnatural position of the cutter you have to gain some experience how best to cut the zip tie.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

kinbaku wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:The magnetic key is much easier to manipulate (and lays along one edge of the lock instead of inserting into the opposite end as the shackle), and they close themselves by spring tension once you rotate the shackle to the closing position.
They are currently available on AliExpress with a 40% discount: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050052 ... pt=glo2nld.
Unfortunately with only one key. :cry: I have bought 2 pieces of a larger size (40 mm x 30 mm) and will let you know if the key fits both. :wink:
You might get lucky and they're part of the same "batch" or "lot", but more likely, they wont' be keyed alike. If I remember correctly, there's (4) magnets, and each one can be in one of 6 positions. So 6x6x6x6 = 648 different possible "combinations".
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

davisev5225 wrote:You might get lucky and they're part of the same "batch" or "lot", but more likely, they wont' be keyed alike. If I remember correctly, there's (4) magnets, and each one can be in one of 6 positions. So 6x6x6x6 = 648 different possible "combinations".
I reread it: with the new version there are even ten of thousands of possibilities. :shock:
So every lock has a unique key.
But you can request a second same key from the seller if you wish. Then they make for you a second same key.

So I can play a game with my 2 keys: in hogtie in the middle of the room with the keys on the opposite walls. Am I guessing correctly the first time to crawl to the right key or do I have to crawl the whole distance from wall to wall extra to be able to free myself? :twisted:
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

kinbaku wrote:

If you use the wide zip ties you should definitely use a wire cutter.
Test it with your hands in front of you so that you see what you are doing: due to the unnatural position of the cutter you have to gain some experience how best to cut the zip tie.

You can probably send a message to the seller (if they haven't shipped yet) and ask for the locks to be keyed-alike
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

kinbaku wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:You might get lucky and they're part of the same "batch" or "lot", but more likely, they wont' be keyed alike. If I remember correctly, there's (4) magnets, and each one can be in one of 6 positions. So 6x6x6x6 = 648 different possible "combinations".
I reread it: with the new version there are even ten of thousands of possibilities. :shock:
I'm pretty sure that's false. AliExpress sellers have a tendency to "exaggerate" (read: bold-faced lies). Even if they also take the magnet polarity into account, that only becomes 12x12x12x12 = 20,736 "combinations". While that is technically "tens" of thousands, it's far less than they're implying.

EDIT: Also, these types of locks usually work with steel pins that rotate to a particular angle based on magnetic attraction. Steel pins don't care about magnetic polarity, they'll be attracted to both positive and negative polarity equally well. The claims of "pick-proof" are also easily disproven, since all you need is a bar magnet mounted to a drill chuck.
81qpOrBN3EL.jpg
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Thanks for the picture, that makes it clear how it works. I thought they would have several small magnets scattered along the entire length of the bar.

@Gregovic: for myself I prefer to have 2 different locks with different keys so that I can play with them. I always have my backups if the lock falters.
For others who want to order the lock, it is good to first contact the supplier for a spare key before completing the order, or buy them by Amazone on the link davisev5225 gave.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:I use these to secure my hands. The magnetic key is much easier to manipulate (and lays along one edge of the lock instead of inserting into the opposite end as the shackle), and they close themselves by spring tension once you rotate the shackle to the closing position.
The attachment 81RE6UcyvAL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg is no longer available
My 2 magnetic locks (40x30 mm option) arrived today. Right on time: normally planned for June 2 and already received on May 23.

Both keys fit both locks. So I always have a spare key that I can use as a backup.
it seems to me that in these cheaper Chinese magnets there are only 4 magnets. With me the top one is North-South and the other 3 South-North. So NOT like in the picture from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14688&p=116653#p116445 but like:
magnetkey.jpg
magnetkey.jpg (18.46 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
You do have to open the lock when the key is held against it. So it will not open by itself (about 50 gram or 1.76 oz needed). Something to consider if the lock is connected to something that gives way, or if you can't pull it with a certain amount of force.

What is good is that the lock closes automatically close once it comes nearby to the lock opening. So you don't have to look for the opening of the lock.

I have already found an application.
The key is at the bottom of a large cardboard box at a distance of about 2 meters from the chair to which you are tied.

With a fishing rod consisting of a stick of 3 meters, a string and at the end of that string an iron nail, you can go fishing for the magnetic key.

Test before whether the nail attracts the key sufficiently when the key is lying with the other side up.