Xtoys.app & estim coyote new user - caution?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
kirogum

Xtoys.app & estim coyote new user - caution?

Post by kirogum »

Got some free time coming up soon and I'm so ready to enjoy a few self bondage sessions. I do have past experience with self bondage, but it's been awhile.

I decided i was overdue for an upgrade from a simple ice lock so I bought an electromagnet from the self bound shop on etsy with the smart timer. I also bought the Coyote DG-Lab estim device (hasn't arrived just yet). I want to video broadcast my first session with the new toys on xtoys.

Any rational person would probably test drive the e-stim first separate from the magnet but I'm leaning towards diving right in. I've had a chance to briefly test the timer & magnet; the operation is very simple. I'll be sure to plug the setup into a separate timer set to a max of 2 or 3 hours. From what I gather, the estim should be set at a lower level, with the option for a gradual increase.

The etsy self bondage shop has a couple of software downloads for their smart timer. One expands the randomization capability; another allows timer changes via remote application but I don't know if this would work via Xtoys. Anyone know if these 2 updates are exclusive or can they be installed together on the same timer device?

The idea of being tormented while others are adjusting the estim for many long minutes and also watching is driving me crazy. I can't wait to do it and I'm also pretty nervous about it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Xtoys.app & estim coyote new user - caution?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Good to meet you, Kiro
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

There has been a lot of discussion about estim around here, here is a popular one. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Hello, kirogum.
The least you should do with your DG-lab is try what strength you can handle.
Then, for example, at xtoys.app you can set the maximum strength that you can handle for channels A and B.
So it is impossible that others can go higher than that.

If you really like a surprise, you can add 5-10 to that maximum to really punish you.
But I certainly wouldn't go any higher. Particularly because it depends on so many factors: when building up slowly you can tolerate a stronger current versus a sudden surge, when you have had your orgasm and the endorphins are back down you can only handle weaker signals, the place where you connect the electrodes, the distance between the electrodes, what waveform you use, ....

To give you an idea, it can go up to strength 276 and when I use my elastic band contacts I usually only go up to 160 or 170 and even lower when I using electro contact gel.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Also, the smaller the contacts or the shorter between the contacts, the less strength you can take, and the body part itself also really matters.

I can take about 170 on my penis, but only 80 on my nipples, and with my nipples it also really depends on what I use. With most clamps, 80 is the max, with one I can go a bit higher, but if I skewer my nipples with needles and connect to them, well... 40 on a good day.

Also, as kinbaku points out, the biggest risk here is that you orgasm. Orgasming is really easy with estim, and if someone else is in control, I can bet you that with the right person at the controls, you will orgasm quickly. Once you reach that, you will lose sex drive quickly and if you have a sadistic person controlling you, they will shock you on maximum for as long as they can. May give you another orgasm, but if they don't stop after that, you may pass out.

So yeah... with estim, especially when you are not familiar with the device and what you can take, letting someone else control, unless you fully trust them with your life, because that is essentially what you are going to do, you really should not do this.

This is not a simple: they press a button and you have fun. This is going to be a matter of, if you have the wrong person on the other end, this may be the last time we hear from you here on the forum.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kirogum

Post by kirogum »

Is there a way to disable or turn off the shock and just leave the good stimulations on the Coyote estim?
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

kirogum wrote:Is there a way to disable or turn off the shock and just leave the good stimulations on the Coyote estim?
Yes, by xtoys.app you can set the maximum on channel A and channel B.

In the example of KinkInSpace on the Penis channel A at maximum 170 and on the nipples on channel B at 80; the slider of A to the right of it is at 50% (=strength 85). So someone can give a maximum of 100% and that corresponds to a strength of 170 on channel A.
xtoysMaximum.jpg
xtoysMaximum.jpg (18.29 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
ubnt

Post by ubnt »

Tried once to shock my penis with max power, one ring at the base and other in the tip in the name of scicence. A little painful but my P is still attached and working, the goal was to vaporize it :rofl:
Probably it was more tolerable because I was expecting the shock.
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

just a word of caution. just because 60 is a good power level with the rubber loops does not mean it is good with steel rings or with conductive gel. Both of those things make a huge difference.

When I made my own contact out of steel fittings I had to turn the unit way down. Still the best toy I have.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

mtlsub wrote:just a word of caution. just because 60 is a good power level with the rubber loops does not mean it is good with steel rings or with conductive gel. Both of those things make a huge difference.

When I made my own contact out of steel fittings I had to turn the unit way down. Still the best toy I have.
True! With my rubber rings I can get to the maximum setting, but with my elastic bands with metal contacts I can only got to 170-180 on my penis. With conductive gel it feels even stronger.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sounds like Ohm's Law at work! Metal electrodes and conductive gel just make the connection between the device and your flesh that much less resistive.

So you get a stronger current through whatever you're zapping for a given setting.

Rubber kinda gets in the way of all that.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kirogum

Post by kirogum »

Looks like some logistics delays are happening with my coyote order ... so, I'm now thinking of buying 'the handy' and using it on xtoys. anyone tried this device before? years ago, I had an autoblow, but it stopped working after about 6 uses. I've got a Venus 2k, but it's not remote enabled, just manual.
ubnt

Post by ubnt »

Yes, the rubber loops need a lot more voltage level. I actually never measured the resistance of them, but it's noticeable compared to the metal plugs that also came with the coyote.
With rubber ones the power is enough for me, but if one needs a little more maybe we can put some stuff some flexible wire inside them, that should help I think.
kirogum

Post by kirogum »

just to follow-up, I got the Coyote this weekend and got it fully charged. Tried testing it, after following all the setup instructions and there was no stimulation at all. Looks like I got a bum unit. So I'm going to try returning it and will instead use the Handy for a self-bound session.
ubnt

Post by ubnt »

Did you wired it correctly?

Does the channel signal output light turn on bright? If not there is a open in the circuit.