Xtoys.app & estim coyote new user - caution?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
kirogum

Re: Xtoys.app & estim coyote new user - caution?

Post by kirogum »

Hmm, the output light was dim. I noticed that the wire for the outputs was split at the end; does it have to have both leads plugged into it? If so, perhaps that was the problem.

I did follow the instructions but it only mentioned plugging in 1 lead.
ubnt

Post by ubnt »

You need to connect both leads of the channel to complete the circuit and make it work. Careful to no short circuit also, the light will flash but you wont feel anything.

Try something like this first to understand how it works:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yes, electricity must flow from one lead of a channel to the other. From + to -, or from red to black. If there's no connection, the light will not turn on. If there's a very weak connection, the light will be very dim.

If you only wire up channel A, but the plug is connected properly, then all is fine. Keep in mind, that the intensity starts at 1, so you have to actually increase the intensity before you feel anything. At this stage, the light becomes more bright too. You often need to hold it for a bit before you feel something at all.

Maybe, tell us what electrodes you have and how you connected it both to the unit and your body, and we can tell you if it should work.

You can use the unit without any app, directly from the unit itself, which I always do to test it. The eyes are green, blue, teal or purple, indicating what program it uses. Just press the wheel on the top once so the lights near channel a or b starts to flash dimly. Now push the wheel up (a to the right, b to the left) and hold it to increase the power. The light will become more bright and clearly visible. At this stage you should feel at least something.

Do note, an accessory that is broken can also cause you to just not feel anything. I've had a butt plug that can only take one wire, and feels very solid, but the butt plug is broken and when I put a pad directly on the butt plug, and connect that, even though the light should become bright, its very dim. This means the internal cable just does not touch the inner metal. No connection, so no electricity flow.

I highly doubt your unit is defective. Its more likely that the plug is, or you made an error in your wiring somewhere.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.