MagBound® Handpillory

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
picofarad

MagBound® Handpillory

Post by picofarad »

Has anyone purchased or used the MagBound® Handpillory? I found it on Etsy and am thinking of buying it with the timer they offer. I like the idea that it is powered by a small battery, the type one uses to recharge a cell phone, so it has a good failsafe.
Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SelfbondageShop
Attachments
cuff.jpg
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: MagBound® Handpillory

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Shannon SteelSlave likes this.
Shannon 'bouta go buy one.
So if you never hear from me again.....

I tried to write this message as Haiku.

For right now, I do stocks/pillory play by sliding my last wrist through the closed boards, then put on a hand cuff with no chain to finish.
Do they have this with 4 holes?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Actually, they do.
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (22.74 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
$525 seems pricey. But seems to be fail safe.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
picofarad

Post by picofarad »

They seem to have well designed stuff; I think I will order but would feel more secure (pun?) if someone else here had purchased anything else from them.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i didnt want to pay their high prices so i bought the stuff to make my own mag lock. the only thing i dont like about these, is it is easy enough to just grab the wire and unplug the battery which will free you, unless you tie the wire to something out of reach?
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

TNTBound wrote:the only thing i dont like about these, is it is easy enough to just grab the wire and unplug the battery
Tack the wire to the board a couple of times ?
Should solve the problem.
[
picofarad

Post by picofarad »

Just pulled the trigger an ordered the handpillory, the timer, the randomizer software and a battery pack. It will ne a few weeks before it arrives, will give a report on it then.
lj

Post by lj »

speaking as an Electronics Engineer, I wouldn't trust electronics with my life...

a magnetic lock is fine for securing anything, and using a simple electromagnet and plate to form the lock is fail-safe in that it will separate when power is removed (remanent magnetism is weak, so separation requires very little force - though bear it in mind if you are just suspending a key out of reach).

Anything that requires unlatching, rotation etc is, in my view, potentially unsafe, particularly if it is a Chinese clone of uncertain quality.

I would suggest that any electromagnet lock is powered exclusively by battery, you know that if the battery discharges or a wire breaks, the lock will open when the magnet loses power. By all means use rechargeable batteries, and test run to see how long it takes to release the lock from fully charged. Modern batteries will keep a mag-lock going for many hours. Whilst a mains charged battery provides back-up for the electronics, it also ensures the lock stays locked if the electronics fails (eg the timer/counter stops counting or the micro-processor has a bad moment!). Yes, you could break the mains cable, but not if you are secured to prevent such movement.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
picofarad

Post by picofarad »

speaking as an Electronics Engineer, I wouldn't trust electronics with my life...
Certainly, everything has a risk, and you may have noted that this device is powered by a small battery which is used to recharge cell phones. It has a very limited supply of energy and the one I'm using has a max capacity which will hold the magnet for between two and three hours. Yes, if the house burns down I might have a problem, but I am in a concrete room, really no combustibles except myself.

Play safe, understand the risks and enjoy life.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Is the rest of the house also concrete? No danger of smoke inhalation? More people die in fires from smoke (lack of oxygen), than by burning.
Be careful, and stay safe.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have a 5000mah battery i use for my sleepsack electro magnet release. it lasts 5.5 hours. one other possibility if using wall power is if you accidentally set the timer for the wrong time and your then stuck for who knows how long.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
picofarad

Post by picofarad »

cdinbonds wrote:Is the rest of the house also concrete? No danger of smoke inhalation? More people die in fires from smoke (lack of oxygen), than by burning.
Be careful, and stay safe.
It's not a house.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

My mistake. I misunderstood this quote.

"Yes, if the house burns down I might have a problem, but I am in a concrete room, really no combustibles except myself."
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Infobel

Post by Infobel »

I've been using the hand pillory (as well as their other magnetic locks) for some time now. Software and electronics work as promised and I like the integrated backup option (battery power). The quality of plastic on this red one is not great, though, as I managed to break it (the part with magnet) quite easily. Fixed with superglue.

Yes, you can pull the cord on this design unless you secure it with something (zipties?). Looking into the wooden one but it is too bulky and too pricey.