Looking for Good Knot for Wrist Coil

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Amordaza

Looking for Good Knot for Wrist Coil

Post by Amordaza »

I've recently had a very nice self-bondage scene that utilized the classic SRD (self-bondage ring device) and a wrist coil. I think it worked because I managed to get the length of the wrist coil just right: it fits snugly but is very difficult to wiggle out of.

The problem is that I know that, at some point, I'll need to untie or cut the wrist coil in order to escape (it's happened eventually with every wrist coil I've made).

I'd like to be able to make an identical wrist coil of the same length, but I use a standard overhand knot, and getting the length just right usually takes several tries, and I never get it exactly the same each time.

Is there a knot for connecting two ends of the same rope so that it's easy to make the coil slightly larger or smaller before tightening the knot? That might make it easier for me to create wrist coils of identical length.
kinbaku

Re: Looking for Good Knot for Wrist Coil

Post by kinbaku »

When you make a Prusik knot, you can simply move it to the right size. If you use it and it is under tension you can no longer move it.
Prusikloop.jpg
Prusikloop.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 810 times
It is easiest to make as follows:
Place the string over your left index finger and tumb so that the center of the string is horizontally centered over your thumb and index finger;
twist the nearest rope 2x around your thumb (counterclockwise);
twist the other rope end 2x around your index finger (turning clockwise);
put the tips of the index finger and thumb together like this picture C, but with 2 turnings around thumb and index finger instead of 1 time;
slide everything to your index finger (4 loops around your index finger);
now put both ends through these 4 loops instead of the index finger;
make the 4 loops smaller so that they are tight around the rope that you put inside of the 4 loops.

You have now made a loop that is very easy to move by sliding the 4 loops (the Prusik knot) along the ends. However, if you pull the big rope loop, you will notice that no movement is possible.
With this loop you can bind your hands as in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13552#p101612 from "After this preparation, the actual self-bondage took place as follows:" (detail in the bottom left of the drawing for the loop drawn just above, but here with a double loop instead of a single rope loop) and you can then possibly block the last double rope loop against the other loops around your wrist with a padlock. Release is then only possible with the key or, in the case of a timer padlock, when the time has elapsed.

You can possibly make a small mark on the rope with a marker so that you can make it exactly the same afterwards if you also used that rope for something else. Or to easily make the same loops in other ropes, simply untie the knot and mark the other ropes at the same place.

Optionally, you can tie both ends together afterwards with a square knot and glue them together if you have the right size.