Sleep in Selfbondage

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
dw_bound

Sleep in Selfbondage

Post by dw_bound »

Hey there!

I would love to sleep in selfbondage for one night. Is anyone of you experienced with this?

I would like to have my hands tied together with my leather handcuffs. Maybe also tie it to a bedpost. Same with my feet. What should I consider when trying that?

Also I would like to wear my leather collar during that night. But I guess that's not recommended, is it?

Also, would you redommend trying anything else? I am open for any scenario ^^

Please help me having an unforgettable night :)
KinkInSpace

Re: Sleep in Selfbondage

Post by KinkInSpace »

First things first, when you do this (and in most cases, its perfectly safe) ensure that you have nothing planned for the next day, because you will not get much sleep, so the next day, you will be destroyed and in most cases, you will want to get more sleep when you get out of your bondage, sleep for a few hours and then be sleepy the rest of the day.

So if you do this and have to work the next day, that's just not gonna work.

I've attemped to do this a few times now. I've even slept with a collar on, but in that case, do ensure that the collar is not too strict. A gag is a big no though.

Any other form of bondage is actually going to be just fine as long as you can get out of it again on your own.

The biggest problem here is that it is going to be very arousing the first hour, and that will definitely get you awake. At some point, depending on how strict you make the bondage, you may get a sore body if you cannot move your arms/legs to a position you naturally want to. This will keep you awake as well. Eventually you will dose off and be between sleep and awake most of the night where you are basically just waiting for the moment you can get out again.

You can also go for restraints but make it so that you can still move your arms and legs to positions you naturally want, and allow your body to turn. This will ensure that you actually may get some good sleep, but it will also remove that exciting bdsm effect you are looking for.

This essentially means, it is going to be either uncomfortable and not possible to get sleep, or you get sleep but the session is not as fun as you want.

This changes if you have a partner that can secure you, because once that happens, the entire phase of you knowing what will happen next will disappear. This critical part will allow you to just accept that you are in bondage and usually can get you to sleep. But that just doesn't work with pure selfbondage.

And of course, for solo self-bondage play, you should NEVER get tied up in a position you cannot get out off, even not if it will auto-release you after x hours because that is just too dangarous. But it is also this bit that just makes it so much harder to appreciate a sleep in selfbondage session. Because when you know you can get out, any form of discomfort will eventually make you quit the session.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
dw_bound

Post by dw_bound »

Thank you so much @KinkInSpace !

So I think I will trying to sleep with my hands and feet tied together today. But I think I will not use the collar this first time though.

I am lucky that I have no appointments tomorrow :)

Any other reccomendations or challenges?

Thank you!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Tying your hands and feet together is fine and is going to be easy. You will likely fall asleep and have a mostly normal night. May wake up a few times but not be conscious about it, but it will slightly reduce your sleep experience.
Could give nice dreams though. ;)

My only recommendation would be, don't make the bondage too strict. Eg: the cuffs should have a bit of slack, so they don't become uncomfortable, but still secure you well. You can have a very short length between the cuffs so it positions your legs and hands close together, or you can secure it to an object, forcing you to be spread a bit. In case of the latter, keep in mind, that naturally the body wants to bend its limps when relaxed, and the less you can do this, the harder getting sleep is. But if you allow this, the sleep should still be comfortable, but the bondage will also not feel too strict.

But with 2 feet bound close together, the legs can still be bent. You can even use straps on your legs to bind them at multiple places for a more enhanced feeling while not impairing the sleep itself. These straps can be slightly more secure, but nothing that is super tight because that will still become uncomfortable as you basically jam your knees together at that point.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

The first time I only had my hands connected with a short rope to a horizontal rope at the top of the bed. Together with a chastity and the ankles tied.
This allowed me to fall asleep in a normal squatting position with my wrists together and my feet together.

But the short rope loop from the hands and around that horizontal rope could slip over that rope at the top of the bed. This allowed me to turn on both the left and right side. Even lying on my back was possible if I held my hands above my head.

Only my hands couldn't reach my chastity.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

For me it wasn't the discomfort but the distraction! :wink:

Unless I was really tired after a good, heavy struggle, I could not hope to sleep because the feeling of the bonds was too much of a turn-on. One super-horny lady tied up in bed is NOT going to get much shut-eye. :facepalm:

So expect some insomnia, and plan to have the next day free so you can sleep it all off... :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have fallen asleep a few times in self bondage. the easiest for me is a comfortable (not too tight) face up spreadeagle with my leather cuffs chained to the corners of my california king bed. if i want to sleep in that position, i will usually set the kitchen safe to hold the keys for anywhere from 1-2 hours. then i know im stuck for atleast that time and can usually fall asleep for a while, usually about 2-3 hours, or if the k-safe bolts opening wakes me.

the BEST experience i ever had, was i was tied to a length of pvc pipe with a chain running down the middle connected to 2" wide steel shackles at the ankles and wrists. both the ankle and wrist cuffs were connected to the chain with a single padlock and i was a bit stretched out, where my hands were over the top of my head, but i was still comfortable. i think i set the k-safe to about 7-8 hours that night. i had a dream where i had just released myself from that contraption and was stretching my arms up in the air, but then i couldnt pull them back down, they were stuck above my head. then i woke up and realized i was still trapped in my self bondage with no way out for another 3 hours. after i woke up like that, i struggled with all my might trying to break the pvc pipe or one of the padlocks, but there was no escaping until the k-safe opened up. needless to say, i didnt get any more sleep after that.

definitely plan on NOT sleeping if you try this. im a stomach/side sleeper, so in the past, i have had a set of locking leather ankle and wrist cuffs connected together between about 14" of chain, then had that chain run through a padlock at the end of two other chains from the diagonal corners of my bed. that way, i could stretch out and get into a comfortable position, but still be absolutely trapped.

the MAIN problem i have had, is when i wake up in self bondage on the bed, i usually need to go pee, and if your completely secured, that makes for a problem! that is the sole reason i have not set the k-safe for more than about 2 hours in a long time.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

last night i actually had a need to pee incident! i bound myself in my 1mm latex sleepsack with a blindfold and earplugs and managed to fall asleep for a bit as i had a bit to drink before hand. woke up and REALLY had to pee. i had the fan on above me so i was not cold, but was not building up a sweat like i need to be able to escape from my latex prison. no matter how i tried i couldnt free my arms from the sleeves, simply because i wasnt sweating enough to be able to slide my arms out. so, i decided, fuck it, i slid off the edge of the bed so i was standing up in my sleepsack and had a full blown pee inside it. that was definitely a first for me! then, i was able to lie back down on the bed and the liquid was able to lubricate my arms enough that i could slide them out of the sleeves and free myself. was definitely a fun and slightly embarrassing experience peeing inside the sleepsack and having it all over me! 10/10 would do again! :rofl:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I've done a few nights in some Segufix restraints combined with some other equipment to make it truly inescapable. My main release was a K-safe, the backup was a simple pair of emergency scissors. The restraints are expensive enough (and I'm stingy enough) that I wouldn't want to have to destroy them just to get out. The biggest problems I ran into was firstly: similar to others, needing to pee halfway through the night. Somehow this gets worse if you don't sleep well. I solve it by simply wearing an adult diaper. Not really everyone's proverbial cup of tea probably but for me it nicely reinforces the "you're VERY stuck" feeling being unable to get up to do something as basic as use the toilet. It takes some mental power/training to get over lots of years of continence training to let things flow while lying in bed though. Second issue I ran into was cramps. If you can't move around things can cramp up and worse, if things cramp up and you cant move it's really hard to stop a cramp once it starts.

As for comfortable but utterly stuck, nothing beats medical restraints like Segufix imho.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Gregovic wrote:I've done a few nights in some Segufix restraints combined with some other equipment to make it truly inescapable. My main release was a K-safe, the backup was a simple pair of emergency scissors. The restraints are expensive enough (and I'm stingy enough) that I wouldn't want to have to destroy them just to get out. The biggest problems I ran into was firstly: similar to others, needing to pee halfway through the night. Somehow this gets worse if you don't sleep well. I solve it by simply wearing an adult diaper. Not really everyone's proverbial cup of tea probably but for me it nicely reinforces the "you're VERY stuck" feeling being unable to get up to do something as basic as use the toilet. It takes some mental power/training to get over lots of years of continence training to let things flow while lying in bed though. Second issue I ran into was cramps. If you can't move around things can cramp up and worse, if things cramp up and you cant move it's really hard to stop a cramp once it starts.

As for comfortable but utterly stuck, nothing beats medical restraints like Segufix imho.
im not sure i could even pee while lying in bed, it just didnt seem possible last night, thats why i had to stand in my sleepsack to even be able to pee. i still cant process if it was a mental block or a gravity issue causing it, but for me, it seems i need to be either standing or sitting to pee. if i was tied up spread eagle, i dont think i would be able to pee at all, even though i can easily cum in that position. maybe it is just a mental block, but i dont know. on one hand, i want to try experimenting with overnight bondage in diapers now, but at the same time, i dont want to be able to pee while lying down while tied up, because im afraid it might translate into wetting the bed at night! however, maybe that might let me sleep better at night? so many thoughts going through my drunk brain right now. lol, like having to pee. am i transitioning into watersports here...... :rofl:
copperfox

Post by copperfox »

I don’t sleep in bondage very often, but when I do—it’s definitely on a weekend! And keeping things simple has helped. I keep the more complex, really restrictive stuff to daytime sessions. Since I can’t get into a comfortable position with my hands or feet tied together, I’ve found that just locking cuffs and a locking waist belt (and sometimes a collar) is fun enough. Been getting into chains more often now, and sometimes just a tight chain around my waist is enough for the night. A butt plug also is a fun addition. Again, it’s something that definitely satisfies the need for a kinky night while at the same time letting you get some sleep.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Gregovic wrote:...nothing beats medical restraints like Segufix imho.
Segufix has been on my bucket list for years but I've settled for bondage belts and cuffs to achieve the same thing, and when alone I use both mag locks on the straps that tether my arms to the frame and a frozen bottle release for safety. Although I'm normally a side-sleeper it's comfortable enough that I never had any difficulty sleeping.

Sleeping, and having to pee, in a latex sack and lie in it until morning are also on my bucket list although I've done it in a latex suit more than once.
TNTBound wrote:...i dont want to be able to pee while lying down while tied up, because im afraid it might translate into wetting the bed at night!
I've been sleeping (and peeing) in nappies occasionally for over 25 years and it's still very much a conscious and physical effort to get the flow started, so no worries about becoming a bed wetter.

It's also fun being forced to wet the bed (suitably protected by plastic sheet and towels between the sheet and the mattress to avoid damage). Interestingly in a 'Segufix position' it's not unpleasant because being forced to lie in it, it stays warm, but in a spreadeagle position the instinct is to move out of the wet patch as far as possible, and then it gets cold which becomes unpleasant.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »