Heart rate-based edging - how would you personally do it?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TiedJoe

Heart rate-based edging - how would you personally do it?

Post by TiedJoe »

I've made the realisation that I don't deserve to cum like a normal human being. I deserve to be frustrated to the brink of desperation, then spend the whole of the next day with nothing left but soreness and amazing memories.

Here's how I'm planning to do this, and I was wondering if you folks had a better way that you'd do it?

- Shackle myself spreadeagle, with ice-locks - totally safe and with numerous fallbacks (don't worry!)
- Using a highly-rated script on xtoys (https://xtoys.app/scripts/-Mx6VSCrGdWQLWC0vfUl), gradually work on determining where the sweetspots are in terms of my heart rate when I'm a minute or two away from cumming (while using the toy that I'm wanting to control with said script, for accuracy). Lot of fun field research!
- Identify and buy one of the supported toys for that script (or look for another, potentially)

I've got some things that I wanted to run by you guys, because the process isn't foolproof and there are some things I'm unsure about.

- Xtoys feels rather unclear in general. Someone develops a script for it, and it sort of just... works? How do I know, when I take a look at a public script that others have installed and rated, what toys are supported and what heart rate monitors are supported? If you wouldn't use xtoys at all, is there an alternative you'd consider that would leverage a Bluetooth controller for both things? Of course, there's buttplug.io too
- I don't know if I'm entirely happy with having a monitor over my chest, but I do happen to love the idea of one around my neck as a faux-collar. Have any of you done this before, were there any in particular you found more comfortable than others (that eliminated the possibility of friction burn on your neck)?

Thanks everyone, have a wonderful day!
kinbaku

Re: Heart rate-based edging - how would you personally do it

Post by kinbaku »

I haven't tried this way yet. I would rather go for measuring over the chest, I think it gives more accurate results. I read somewhere in a commentary that measuring over the wrist doesn't give such a good result and the neck is a more difficult place than the wrist: too much pressure and you are strangling yourself, too little pressure and the sensor can move so that it no longer measures anything.

The last 2 links from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14552&p=114544&hil ... or#p114554 point to another system.
TiedJoe

Re: Heart rate-based edging - how would you personally do it

Post by TiedJoe »

kinbaku wrote:I haven't tried this way yet. I would rather go for measuring over the chest, I think it gives more accurate results. I read somewhere in a commentary that measuring over the wrist doesn't give such a good result and the neck is a more difficult place than the wrist: too much pressure and you are strangling yourself, too little pressure and the sensor can move so that it no longer measures anything.

The last 2 links from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14552&p=114544&hil ... or#p114554 point to another system.
Oh that's superb. Thank you so much! I will properly sit down later and sift through this, but wow that first post from Natasha Belle is detailed!

I appreciate the advice RE the positioning. It's a fair point, it would have to be rather tight-fitting around the neck to get any purchase. Having found my pulse with fairly firm fingers, I appreciate that it would be a bit of a problem if they were pressed against my neck for the amount of time I'm planning.