timed sleepsack bondage idea

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TNTBound

timed sleepsack bondage idea

Post by TNTBound »

i came up with an idea to keep myself stuck in my canvas sleepsack that i got from the straightjacket shop on etsy. it involves using a leather collar, this timer padlock Image and this magnetic dog leash connectorImage.

the ides, is to have the blue housing part of the leash connector attached to my collar with the timer padlock. i can then have the hook part attached to the paracord on the zipper that i use to pull the zipper up. hopefully, the hook will be able to attach to the blue housing part automatically when it is at the collar due to the magnet pulling it into the latch. i might have to tape the hook to the paracord so it stays in the correct orientation though. then for the release, the timer lock automatically springs open the shackle when the time is up, allowing me to pull the zipper back down with the paracord. there is definitely a risk of the lock not springing open though, and that, along with the blue housing part getting stuck on the shackle once its open are my only concerns. i do have family that i could yell to for help if it were to fail though, even though that would be really embarrassing to explain.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
kinbaku

Re: timed sleepsack bondage idea

Post by kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:... then for the release, the timer lock automatically springs open the shackle when the time is up, allowing me to pull the zipper back down with the paracord. there is definitely a risk of the lock not springing open though, and that, along with the blue housing part getting stuck on the shackle once its open are my only concerns. i do have family that i could yell to for help if it were to fail though, even though that would be really embarrassing to explain.
Also that the timer lock does spring open, but it still gets stuck in the ring because you can't move enough to let it fall out of the ring.
I therefore bought two such timer locks to somewhat limit the risk by placing them in series.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

kinbaku wrote:
TNTBound wrote:... then for the release, the timer lock automatically springs open the shackle when the time is up, allowing me to pull the zipper back down with the paracord. there is definitely a risk of the lock not springing open though, and that, along with the blue housing part getting stuck on the shackle once its open are my only concerns. i do have family that i could yell to for help if it were to fail though, even though that would be really embarrassing to explain.
Also that the timer lock does spring open, but it still gets stuck in the ring because you can't move enough to let it fall out of the ring.
I therefore bought two such timer locks to somewhat limit the risk by placing them in series.
i have taken apart the lock and removed the pin that keeps the shackle from falling out, so now when the lock opens, the shackle can separate from the lock body eliminating that issue. im going to use some hot glue to secure the spring in place so it doesnt get lost during use.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:i have taken apart the lock and removed the pin that keeps the shackle from falling out, so now when the lock opens, the shackle can separate from the lock body eliminating that issue. im going to use some hot glue to secure the spring in place so it doesnt get lost during use.
Very good idea. :idea:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Could you also put an expansion spring around the bolt? Add more tension? Just don't shoot your eye, kid.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Could you also put an expansion spring around the bolt? Add more tension? Just don't shoot your eye, kid.
not quite sure what you mean?
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Maybe my idea would make the lock difficult to use
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Could you also put an expansion spring around the bolt? Add more tension? Just don't shoot your eye, kid.
not quite sure what you mean?
I was thinking of such a strong expansion spring that once the time is up, the pin would shoot out like a bullet from a gun. :rofl:
A convincing liberation, only a little too risky if your head happens to be in that direction. :shock: :facepalm:
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Maybe my idea would make the lock difficult to use
im honestly not sure where you are talking about adding a spring? the shackle already has a spring inside the lock body that ejects it when released.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I believe the idea would be to add a spring on the outside, probably slipped over one end of the shackle part and long enough that it has to be compressed in order to close the lock. This would add another positive opening force, similar to pulling the shackle open with your fingers.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

cdinbonds wrote:I believe the idea would be to add a spring on the outside, probably slipped over one end of the shackle part and long enough that it has to be compressed in order to close the lock. This would add another positive opening force, similar to pulling the shackle open with your fingers.
if thats the case, that would just make it easier for the locking lug to bind up when the motor tries to open it. if there is enough pressure trying to pull the shackle from the lock body when the motor is activated, it will bind and not release the shackle. then the only way to open it is to release the pressure on the shackle and press the lock button 3 times.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Never said it would work, just clarifying the suggestion! :?
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

since the magnetic latch has not come in yet, i figured out a way to do this setup without it. all i did was use the timer lock on the belt loop on the collar of my sleepsack, locked to a rope ratchet with the other end of the rope ratchet attached to the paracord on the zipper. once i zip it up, i pull the rope through the ratchet, shortening the distance between the zipper and the lock to the point that the zipper can not be moved down to release me. then its just a matter of waiting for the lock to pop open so i can slide the zipper back down and escape. i just got done spending the last 40 minutes locked into my canvas sleepsack like this and it worked PERFECTLY!

and since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a picture of the setup.

ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Coupla things:

With those locks you have to have a lot of tension on the lock to prevent it opening - I sure I managed to do it once, but just playing around with one now, there was no way I could pull on the shackle or lock body that would prevent it from opening when it triggered - if you can, it needs more force than what I could apply comfortably with my hands. So I don't think it needs extra springs.

But I'd be itchy about any scheme that involved unzipping a sack without having a hand on the actual zipper pull. I say that from the experience of having to escape from a zip-up straitjacket after the zip jammed in my tee shirt and suck fast. I managed to hook the jacket on a doorknob and break the stitching to get out. (The fabric was fine, so I was able to fully repair it, with stronger seams this time ...)

Basically, zippers have far too many failure modes for my liking. They need to be absolutely clear of anything that might get caught in them (that includes your clothes, if any, the fabric either side of the zipper, and any protective strip intended to sit between the zipper and the body, and any fabric the zipper might be lying on, like a bed sheet), and they need to be restrained in such a way that the zipper is pulling down the zip in the direction you're intending - if the zip folds over, you'll be pulling it "up" instead of "down". Also there's the risk of kinks in the zipper jamming the teeth, or just getting stuck where they join cross seams (like where a collar joins the main body).
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

ruru67 wrote:Coupla things:

With those locks you have to have a lot of tension on the lock to prevent it opening - I sure I managed to do it once, but just playing around with one now, there was no way I could pull on the shackle or lock body that would prevent it from opening when it triggered - if you can, it needs more force than what I could apply comfortably with my hands. So I don't think it needs extra springs.

But I'd be itchy about any scheme that involved unzipping a sack without having a hand on the actual zipper pull. I say that from the experience of having to escape from a zip-up straitjacket after the zip jammed in my tee shirt and suck fast. I managed to hook the jacket on a doorknob and break the stitching to get out. (The fabric was fine, so I was able to fully repair it, with stronger seams this time ...)

Basically, zippers have far too many failure modes for my liking. They need to be absolutely clear of anything that might get caught in them (that includes your clothes, if any, the fabric either side of the zipper, and any protective strip intended to sit between the zipper and the body, and any fabric the zipper might be lying on, like a bed sheet), and they need to be restrained in such a way that the zipper is pulling down the zip in the direction you're intending - if the zip folds over, you'll be pulling it "up" instead of "down". Also there's the risk of kinks in the zipper jamming the teeth, or just getting stuck where they join cross seams (like where a collar joins the main body).
im usually just in my underwear in the sleepsack, so no clothing to get caught in it. there is no protective flap to get caught in the zipper(experienced this issue in my latex sleepsack before). when i use the paracord to open the zipper, im still technically pulling up on it, but im also exerting pressure on the fabric in a way that once the lock mechanism in the zipper pull is released, the zipper is slid down by the fabric higher than the pull trying to move apart. i simply need to pull on the paracord enough to release the lock inside the pull. when the zipper is all the way up on this sleepsack, it only goes to the base of the collar, so i need to push the zipper down with my chin until it starts to open from the fabric being pushed outwards by my elbows. it works flawlessly on this sleepsack.

my darlex sleepsack on the other hand, if i pull the zipper up to the top of the collar, the collar folds over and makes it MUCH more difficult to get the zipper to slide down and open up.