Intuitive Ropework

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
hogfan-sub

Intuitive Ropework

Post by hogfan-sub »

More often than not, when I get "that feeling" that I want to be tied up, I will end up in my beloved hogtie. However just occasionally, I find it very relaxing to not aim for anything in particular, but rather pick up some coils of rope, open them up and simply start to tie intuitively rather than to a set plan. Of course, for any selfbondage, careful thought should always go in to safety and ability to get free, (I would never engage in any rope bondage, solo or partnered, without a pair of professional quality EMT safety shears/scissors readily to hand and nor should anyone else!) but with those factors as givens, it is almost like sometimes the rope does the leading. I might spend an hour or so practicing tying a wrist to an ankle, or creating variations on body/crotch harnesses; Sometimes it is enough for me to simply be with the rope and, quite literally, see where it goes. I wonder if anyone else has similar experiences?
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Intuitive Ropework

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I used to have a random scenario game, and one of the "cards" that can be drawn, as either "training" or "punishment" I called "Rope Games". I was required to grab my suitcase of rope, turn on instructional rope technique videos, and practice for the time the card mentioned.
I second the scissors notion. In addition to possibly trapping yourself, something might get too tight, and untangling random knots could take too long before it can cut off circulation.
Keep your scissors well with in reach. Just knowing where they are in your house is no good if they are 2 or 3 rooms away.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Keep your scissors well with in reach. Just knowing where they are in your house is no good if they are 2 or 3 rooms away.

Amen to that! On more than one occasion I have let my "bondage drive" get a little too carried away, and just before finally tying off, realised that something feels off, or like it might tighten in a potentially dangerous way, so I've "reversed" the session out of harm's way. As you rightly say though, fumbling with rope can take a lot of time, and those safety shears are always a reassuring sight. I have only needed to cut ropes once, when I was aware of someone else in the shared household needing some help quite urgently, and I was able to cut free from a complex hogtie pretty fast. I hope I don't need to use the shears again, but in that moment, they were worth their weight in pure gold.

Also, if I may indulge in a little "artsy" moment, if anyone does need to cut free from rope or cord, don't despair.....pick up a glue gun from a hobby store, and turn the resulting short strands into handy, attractive coasters....as well as giving me a little "frisson" whenever I see it, they also make nice little homemade gifts :D
Attachments
332581A6-1D61-4DC5-A905-170BC09297D2_4_5005_c.jpeg
332581A6-1D61-4DC5-A905-170BC09297D2_4_5005_c.jpeg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 989 times
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

hogfan-sub wrote:I wonder if anyone else has similar experiences?
Sometimes I just open one of my fardes with all kinds of rope ties and try one or more. While the actual rope tying can take an hour or more, sometimes I only spend 10 minutes in it before I feel like trying another one. Especially when while I'm looking for a certain self-bondage harness I come across another that then piques my interest. :facepalm:
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

[/quote]
...sometimes I only spend 10 minutes in it before I feel like trying another one.[/quote]

I can feel a rope-inspired proverb forming...."Our imaginations are liberated by that which ties us down." :rofl:

Actually, I might adopt that as a signature :D

kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Glad I could help you with your signature. :D