Just some advice, please

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bounddosster

Re: Just some advice, please

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Thanks for your feedback, Rex.
Just making a humourous observation.
Members who are requested to contact me know why. I have to do it that way, to avoid my PM box from becoming constantly filled, leaving it closed for business until I catch up.
Being summoned to contact Shannon is like standing outside the headmistresses office waiting to be called in because you've been naughty, or more to the point you've been naughty and was found out. :)
Then again it could be just for a pleasant chat over a cup of tea. Either way, I suggest a book down the back of your pants just in case Jenny's in there as well. :o
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

rexter wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:Welcome to the forum!
kinbaku wrote:Welcome A Lurker.
lj wrote:To the OP, welcome to the forum.
BoundInKasugai wrote:Welcome to the forum from me too. :hi:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Welcome to Bound Anna, Lurker.
This is one of the best New Member Introductions I have ever read. The OP's greeting attracted more than the usual welcoming committee.
There are lots of introverts in the world. As one, all I can say is I'm amazed that you consider this a positive. First, why wouldn't anyone be welcome absent a reason to have them leave? Second, there's a section of the board devoted to introducing yourself if that happens to be your thing.

Couple that with the frequent public nudges to PM you, and this board is a turn off despite the occasional bit of useful information. If you want to PM someone to discuss something, that's fine. But to request someone PM you in public doesn't pass the sniff test. It has an aura of trying to circumvent some law by getting the subject to contact you first. All of this makes me less interested in coming here, not more interested.
I'm confused, where did the positives of being an introvert get mentioned. I've reread this several times and missed it, am I going :x
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

I still lean towards don't engage. I would not want my neighbor catching on to me, I want my neighbors to be neighbors,
That ship has sailed already.
It's likely that she is now embarrassed about being found and probably scared of doing a session again. She may also be frightened about being outed.

-------
Hi Neighbour.

I'm sorry if your session was under control and you had a release method inplace, that was going to free you soon after I interrupted.

Lots of people have different vices and I'm not judgemental or talkative about things.

Please play safely if that's your thing. But I won't be shocked or offended if you were to set Alexa/Google to call me, as an emergency help, an hour or so after you expected to be free. If your plan works, just cancel the call and I'd never know.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I would say, don't engage in any way. Talking to her directly in private can be perceived in any number of bad ways (intimidating, scary, creepy, etc), talking to her via any other method strongly risks potentially exposing the activity to others whom you cannot be sure don't know about it. I would say let things rest and if she wants the contact she'll have to be the one to establish it.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

Gregovic wrote:I would say, don't engage in any way. Talking to her directly in private can be perceived in any number of bad ways (intimidating, scary, creepy, etc), talking to her via any other method strongly risks potentially exposing the activity to others whom you cannot be sure don't know about it. I would say let things rest and if she wants the contact she'll have to be the one to establish it.
Those are all valid points. On the other hand the (proposed?) message above I find respectful and maintaining sufficient distance as to not be intrusive. If the person in question is anguishing over whether they will be outed or not receiveing a message like that might save a lot of fretting. I could be convinced either way to be honest.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lotharjulz wrote:I never thought about or was even scared of talking to Shannon, however, now I am :lol:
What did I do now? I do everything possible to avoid being perceived as unapproachable.
If this is about Private Messages, all I am doing is recruiting certain members who meet criteria to interview to join the Developers crew. That's all. Some of them post and never return. I don't have time to send the interview invites via PM, as some could get stuck in my mail box, so I post the request in public thread. Between that and the other business I handle here, could potentially leave the door closed to the newest PMs members in need of help are sending in case of the PM box being full.
My attitude towards other unfavourable things is to spare the rod. Unless it has serious negative impact to the forum, I more or less say "to each his or her own".
If you need any more transparency, just ask. It would have been better if that other post came to me in Private.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Lotharjulz wrote:I never thought about or was even scared of talking to Shannon, however, now I am :lol:
Just make sure his light saber is the right color. :wink:

Or puts a bucket on his head and starts talking in a deep voice. :shock:

Otherwise, you're OK.

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lotharjulz wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
What did I do now? I do everything possible to avoid being perceived as unapproachable.
Oh no. So sorry to tease you! I was joking as I find you very approachable and welcoming! :) It is the few of you IMO that make this a great place to have safe discussions and all your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

I used to run a very popular forum about a decade or so ago, and still can only imagine the things you have to deal with for an "adult" site. We love you too Shannon!
:oops: We do a thankless job, but when we do get some appreciation, it makes it more than worthwhile. Thank you, and you're welcome :)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: :oops: We do a thankless job, but when we do get some appreciation, it makes it more than worthwhile. Thank you, and you're welcome :)
Yes, few know what goes on in the background of this forum to keep it running so well. :worship:
A Lurker

Post by A Lurker »

Good morning, or afternoon, whichever you are presently in:
Sorry for my late reply, but.... life happens...
I appreciate all of the replies, (even the ones where my honor is questioned, my humanity is attacked, and my truthfulness is .............. whatever.)
I was asked above if I "helped" or "saw".... I will NOT explain what or what did not happen, and I will NOT try to justify my actions. I did what needed to be done, and I stand by that.
I will not go into detail what exact danger she was in. If she is on this board, (doubtful), I will not embarrass her by giving details.
(I sense some "projection" in that persons post, as it is). Make of it what you will.
Thank you all once again, please stay safe.
Regards,