Anyone ever been discovered in public?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Anyone ever been discovered in public?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lotharjulz wrote: Every day I get closer to wandering out with my partner being leashed to the store but the biggest holdback is the thought it would expose something to parents they feel they have a right to control.
This is rational thinking to me. These days, you can do things that you can't take back and would have to bear the scars for the rest of your life. Information is being saved and travels faster and more thoroughly via the web. And when was the last time you heard some one say " I wish I had brought a camera?"
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:Lisa, you should feel free to enjoy doing what you want to do with no remorse, guilt, or judgment from yourself or others.
Amen to that! 8)
Lotharjulz wrote:So much for skydiving.
I never really understood the fun in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :shock:

I'll get off at the airport. :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Lotharjulz wrote:I hear what your are saying and genuinely want to feel that we all do, however, all you have to do is look at that the pinned topic about the guy who died being mummified to see that even the majority here are quick to judge. So it's ok if it is whipping but if someone's fetish is risking death _that crosses the line_. So much for skydiving.
I think you are mixing two different things here. I'm talking about self-judgment, it is how you perceive an action yourself that makes you feel guilty or not. If you allow negative social opinions to influence your own thinking then you are going to feel guilty and then not do something. That is how religion has controlled people for hundreds of years. If someone tells you something is bad or wrong while you are growing up and learning about life and the world then you start doing that thing that is supposed to be so bad you will suffer guilt feelings subconsciously that can spill over into your conscious. It is only after you reason out your thoughts and judge what you are doing as not wrong that you will lose the guilty feelings.

What I think you are referring to is people's opinions of the actions taken by the individuals involved in the tragic incident. I don't think I read one opinion that said it was wrong that he wanted to be mummified. It was how it was done, the complete disregard for safety and the totally stupid act of involving drugs when doing something that has so many safety crucial elements and requires clear thought.

Using your analogy of skydiving what happened there was equal to jumping out of a plane without a parachute and when you bring in the drugs element it was equal to jumping out of a plane without a parachute because you thought you could fly.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

bound_jenny wrote:
Lotharjulz wrote:So much for skydiving.
I never really understood the fun in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :shock:

I'll get off at the airport. :lol:

Jenny.
For one, I'm not sure "perfectly good airplane describes the average skydiving plane. "Still airworthy" is probably a better description :rofl:

However, in defense of skydivers I will ask: do you know what the most dangerous phase of a flight is, where most accident happens? It's the landing, so they just skip ahead and get out of the aircraft before that happens :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

Gregovic wrote: For one, I'm not sure "perfectly good airplane describes the average skydiving plane. "Still airworthy" is probably a better description :rofl:

However, in defense of skydivers I will ask: do you know what the most dangerous phase of a flight is, where most accident happens? It's the landing, so they just skip ahead and get out of the aircraft before that happens :mrgreen:
So when you went skydiving, how was the pilot? Did you brave the entire flight, or chicken out and jump?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Gregovic wrote:However, in defense of skydivers I will ask: do you know what the most dangerous phase of a flight is, where most accident happens? It's the landing, so they just skip ahead and get out of the aircraft before that happens
And remember falling never hurt anyone, it is the sudden stop at the end that does the damage. :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Shannon SteelSlave

I feel like I have tweeted this elsewhere in the forum, but here goes (again?) Hog tied skydiving! Most of us will launch those ball gags like a cannon from the screaming. How is that for being discovered in public? Anyone who looks up will see you, and some lucky passer-by will get to find you.
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I feel like I have tweeted this elsewhere in the forum, but here goes (again?) Hog tied skydiving! Most of us will launch those ball gags like a cannon from the screaming. How is that for being discovered in public? Anyone who looks up will see you, and some lucky passer-by will get to find you.
I quite like that skydiving they do when you're strapped to someone else, Though I think their idea of being strapped to someone might differ from mine. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Lotharjulz wrote::roll:
Actually it's more akin to just skydiving on drugs. I know some folks that do just that.
And I and plenty of other people in aviation judge them for it. It's in my opinion an entirely stupid thing to do. Aviation, like (self-)bondage has inherent risks. There is no way to remove them completely. There ARE ways to mitigate some of those risks and steps to take that have been learned literally through blood (of those who survived) and tears (of the relatives of those that didn't). Mixing drugs and skydiving (or any other form of aviation) is just breaking too many of those safety lessons (not to mention several laws). I know what the effect of even mild sleep deprivation or just being tired after a long flight are on my reflexes and judgement when flying. I can't fathom thinking that you'll be fine when on drugs. Sure 99,99% of the time the outcome will be fine. Until someone has a wing collapse at low altitude or they misjudge a low turn in windy conditions and they go *crunch* in a way that wouldn't have happened had they been clear of mind and able to respond. Bondage has different risks and maybe mixing drugs and bondage can be fine, I don't have enough experience with either to judge exactly, but it requires extreme caution.
Lotharjulz wrote:There was a plan for him to breath that wasn't successful. It was a risk for enjoyment that didn't fall his way that time.
Yeah, that's fine. If that's your thing, go for it. Where I have a problem with that story is that the person mummified this way was left alone without supervision and left to suffocate.. He could easily have still been alive had there been a good and reliable way for him to alert the person who tied him up or if that person had bothered keeping tabs on him. I don't judge the activity, I judge the apparent lack of precautions and the apparent lack of understanding just how dangerous what they were doing was until it was far far too late.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Gregovic wrote:Yeah, that's fine. If that's your thing, go for it. Where I have a problem with that story is that the person mummified this way was left alone without supervision and left to suffocate.. He could easily have still been alive had there been a good and reliable way for him to alert the person who tied him up or if that person had bothered keeping tabs on him. I don't judge the activity, I judge the apparent lack of precautions and the apparent lack of understanding just how dangerous what they were doing was until it was far far too late.
Self bondage is always a risky business, but we always try to minimise the danger. As a general rule if I am relying on someone else, as my primary release (once I have myself inescapably bound), then I make sure I can get out of the house to find help (no matter how embarrassing this will be :oops: ), in case something happens to them.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.