Why self-bondage?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Hannah_G

Why self-bondage?

Post by Hannah_G »

Just interested as to why folk like self-bondage?

For me, my partner is very vanilla. Doesn’t get, nor really want to participate in my kinks. Options are move on and find someone who is, find a playmate or learn to do it myself. I chose the latter!

What’s your story?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Why self-bondage?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Why do I like self bondage as opposed to partnered? Simply put, I want to do whatever and whenever I am in the mood for.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

It's a release, a way to relax and expend pent-up energy. It's also a form of meditation, somewhat, that lets me explore my inner soul.

And, of course, an excellent opportunity for some self-administered... stimulation. :wink:

It's fun, it's useful, and even therapeutic/cathartic.

And pretty much like what Shannon said.

Or, as Journey sings: Any way you want it_____That's the way you need it...

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ByDaBalls

Post by ByDaBalls »

Andy_G wrote:Just interested as to why folk like self-bondage?
What’s your story?
Because I can. :twisted:

I can make it as simple or complex as I want. :D
Depending on my mood I can make it last as long as I want. :wink:
A simple setup can last a very long time. :shock:
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

When I started with self-bondage I didn't have a partner, so regular bondage was out of the question =D Now my partner is not interested in bondage, so regular bondage is still out of the question :mrgreen:

But regardless of having a willing partner, self-bondage provides a challenge.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bound_jenny wrote:t's a release, a way to relax and expend pent-up energy. It's also a form of meditation, somewhat, that lets me explore my inner soul.

And, of course, an excellent opportunity for some self-administered... stimulation.

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Simply put, I want to do whatever and whenever I am in the mood for.
BoundInKasugai wrote:When I started with self-bondage I didn't have a partner, so regular bondage was out of the questio
All of the above and its fun ...and sometimes frustrating.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

JIMDINI wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:t's a release, a way to relax and expend pent-up energy. It's also a form of meditation, somewhat, that lets me explore my inner soul.

And, of course, an excellent opportunity for some self-administered... stimulation.

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Simply put, I want to do whatever and whenever I am in the mood for.
BoundInKasugai wrote:When I started with self-bondage I didn't have a partner, so regular bondage was out of the questio
All of the above and its fun ...and sometimes frustrating.
You make it easy for me: all of the above. :rofl:
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

bound_jenny wrote:It's a release, a way to relax and expend pent-up energy. It's also a form of meditation, somewhat, that lets me explore my inner soul.

And, of course, an excellent opportunity for some self-administered... stimulation. :wink:

It's pretty much what Jenny said! It's like she read my mind :shock: :rofl:

Although I also do SB due to not having a partner to take on bondage with. It's not the main reason, but it's one of them. I would absolutely love to try that, because being at the mercy of the partner's will and teases is something I really want to experience. Just hoping for that someday...
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
jackles

Post by jackles »

After years of self-bondage, I know what I like, when I like it, and how. Bondage and the feeling of steel against my skin turns me on more than being dominated - I don't want to spend hours explaining my preferences to someone who's idea of bondage is ducttaping me to a chair or handcuffing me to a bed.

Besides, I can do almost every conceivable bondage position at this point safely using timed locks. Good times ...

Links to my Patreon with self-bondage pictures and videos, my erotic stories on Amazon, and my Fiverr where you can order custom erotica: https://linktr.ee/jessicashackled
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

Prior to my wife, I didn't have anyone to "do the dirty work".

My wife does engage me in this but her appetite isn't as voracious as mine so I still sometimes go solo. Sometimes I will solo except that she'll finish me off so there's no chance of escape.

There are some advantages of selfbondage. One being the mental stimulation of figuring out how to get yourself in and out. Another being able to do everything exactly the way you want it. It's obviously preferable if your partner does it exactly the way you want it but it's never quite perfect. That's not to say it's bad, but there's always little minor things you wish were done differently. Was it 3 wraps around the head or 4? Or was it the whole roll? Did that cinch need to be pulled an inch more? That chest harness is sitting uncomfortably on a rib and I don't know if slithering on the floor is going to shift it enough. I think my elbows could be a little closer etc etc etc.

While it's true that the gag could be applied last so I can give feedback, that in itself makes it imperfect. I like to be told to shut up, fail to shut up then be forcibly shut up with the promise of more gagging if I still fail to shut up. I also like to play the kidnap victim and the gag is usually the first or second thing applied.

If my wife could only read my mind... this would all solve itself. :)
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

I like self bondage playing because no one knows me better than I know myself.
It's all about fantasy and I think my fantasies are better this way. I am the centre of attention, I know exactly what I want and I can play for as long as I like.
Nothing kills the mood like having to explain things to someone during the play when they clearly didn't listen!
Ugh!!!!

Lisa
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

bound_jenny wrote:It's a release, a way to relax and expend pent-up energy. It's also a form of meditation, somewhat, that lets me explore my inner soul.

Or, as Journey sings: Any way you want it_____That's the way you need it...

Jenny.
I Completely agree with Jenny. I have no clear knowledge of when or why my bondage interest began, other than it being from a very, very young age. Now, being very, very not-so-young, it just feels so darned good! Preparing and applying the tie really relaxes and de-stresses me, and when it's complete, the blissful feeling of just drifting away with it is second to none. I hear echoes of another Journey song..."Be Good to Yourself" :D
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)