Your fears

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TicleMeEndless

Your fears

Post by TicleMeEndless »

So, what about to tell a your fears? Phobias, some situatiouns what you think is true hell for you, something what makes your eyes wide. It not be a just nasty or not allowed, in must real scary you. Please, tell about one at time.

Begin from me. A spiral web. it really scares me. When i touch it suddenly, it wraps around my hand like a sticky hunter's net. Just the sight of the web almost makes me shiver. I scary be helpless on spider's paws. I imagine: i walking in darkness and suddenly walks into big (greater than human height) spiral web. It wraps around me , cold and very sticky. Strong. I can't move. I scream. And big spider hurrys up to completely wrap me in a web and injet a poison. Even now, the just thought about it makes me shudder. However, if someone is diabolical enough to weave such a web for me and force me to fall into it ... It's scary, but I would like to get through this after spending several hours blindly in a cold cocoon of cobwebs.
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Your fears

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Until I can think of my own, your fears will do just fine.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

Looks like general fear is to tell about your fear. I was wanted to fear with you, guys, but looks like it more personal, than i thinked.
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

I decided when I first signed up, just how much and what I would share or not.
While not on my list of things to not share, I did have a similar thread about if you would ever want to use a phobia to fuel a kink fire.
Not that yours is on the same path, but I ended up taking down my thread.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Real fear comes from a trauma, possibly something happenening while being very young or a past life. This makes it that these fears are very personal and will not be understood by others who do not have the trauma.

Therefor I don't think this can be really discussed much. Only advise I can give is: Seek a regression therapist. They can help finding the root of the fear so you can process it and overcome the fear.

Usually, once you understand why the fear was created in the first place, and you reevaluate what happened with your adult state of mind, you can easily get over the fear. This can happen for instance, if something that was a little bit scary happened when you were very young, but did not receive the emotional support you needed to get past it. Fear grows over time and can become huge if not solved, becoming traumatic. A trauma will generate extraordinary responses to shield the mind of getting into that fear state ever again, but is often unwarranted.

The mind is a strange thing sometimes.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Shannon SteelSlave

It is possible to overcome a phobia without knowing its source.
My thread was about if you would ever use a phobia to add any spice to your bondage sessions, like letting a spider loose, knowing it could come to haunt you during your session for example, whilst rationally knowing it won't really hurt you.
If you are seeking actually therapy, we can try to help, but remember to consider the source, and don't let it supersede actual medical advice offered to you.
Be well.
👠👠
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

I don't think i need a therapy. Having no fears is so booring. Sometimes i miss true nightmares. My dreams usually not so bright, but sometimes i just get ugly dreams. As example: a wave of running rats overtakes me. It runs under my feets, lot, very lot rats. But It causes nothing but disgust. Or i escaping from chasing, hiding in forest. Nothing but annoyance from waiting. True, I very rarely dream of being tickled. In a dream, you can really feel a lot of tickling, and every time it's a pleasure.
Generally when i created this topic, i hoped it will be like a scary stories close to campfire, but... it's true so personal.

bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:It is possible to overcome a phobia
When I was in outpatient care after my 2015 surgery (mutant hamster attacking my pituitary), I was fitted for the rig that was to hold my head firmly in place while the leftovers of the mutant hamster were burned to a crisp during the six weeks, five days a week, of radiation therapy. That rig was basically a rigid frame with an interesting netting (supple and moldable when warm, becoming rigid once cooled) placed over my face and head and carefully molded to every little detail of my head and face.

While I am not claustrophobic, I did feel a small seed of panic welling up because I had trouble breathing with that rig clamping everything down. The best I could do was part my lips and breathe through my clenched teeth. Of course, in such situations, my nose has an infuriating habit of congesting itself, complicating breathing further. I may have found the threshold where claustrophobia would eventually rear its ugly head.

I went home after the fitting, and I decided to overcome the fear. I analyzed what I experienced, objectively (a talent I have), and took apart piece by piece the sequence of events. I finally came to the conclusion that it was not the confinement that was making me panic, but the difficulty breathing.

So I made up a plan for the first session of radiation therapy. Take-along items included nose spray and some strong mints to clear the airways. I also meditated at least once a day in the couple of weeks leading up to that first session, going through every detail of the procedure in my mind, over and over again, until I felt that I had gone through this several times in reality. The fear was gone.

At the first radiation therapy appointment, I repeated exactly what I had done virtually in my head over the last two weeks. It went like a breeze. No fear, no panic. Just twenty minutes of watching the light show of the X-Ray beams intersecting my retina and optic nerves.

The mind is able to do a lot, if one puts it to work for attaining the goal.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:The mind is able to do a lot, if one puts it to work for attaining the goal.
Jenny.
Yes, the mind is capable of much.
He can even help you in a healing process.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:The mind is able to do a lot, if one puts it to work for attaining the goal.
Jenny.
Yes, the mind is capable of much.
He can even help you in a healing process.
Most certainly it did! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

bound_jenny wrote:When I was in outpatient care [..]
Wow, just reading that story made my anxiety level rise! Suffering from a congested nose all the time, it reminds me of visits to the dentist when there is liquid pooling at the back of your throat and the struggle not to panic. That's why I never play with a ballgag, even though I think they look super cute :lol:

Anyway, some very helpful tips there, much appreciated, hopefully I will never need them :lol:
Last edited by BoundInKasugai on 22 Mar 2022, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

BoundInKasugai wrote:visits to the dentist when there is liquid pooling at the back of your throat and the struggle not to panic.
Don't give me any ideas! I am going there tomorrow morning, 1st thing. I constantly wait for a chance to clear my mouth, and I have no idea what to do with my tongue. I handle dentist visits the same as in 4th grade : Nervous the day before and all the day of, until it's over. I would sit on the couch dressed up waiting for my appointment at 10am. My Moms would say to me that the appointment isn't until 3pm. It was all the same to me. She could do nothing to move me. After that, she made my appointments for 1st thing in the morning.
I wonder if this is why I have the cleanest teeth. :D These days, that scraping and poking session is always very short.
Anyway, sage advice before seeing the dentist : Never play deep throat games the day before. They can tell. The soft pallet tissue becomes slightly bruised/inflamed. I think HIPPA regulations bind them to silence, but still........
👠👠
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:[..] I am going there tomorrow morning, 1st thing.[..]
Fingers crossed! Sounds like you shouldn't have to worry about it though!

I guess it woudn't matter if they didn't know anyone you know. Or if they were kinksters themselves. That might lead to an interesting conversation "So... I see someone enjoyed themselves last night!" :facepalm:
Shannon SteelSlave

BoundInKasugai wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:[..] I am going there tomorrow morning, 1st thing.[..]
Fingers crossed! Sounds like you shouldn't have to worry about it though!

I guess it woudn't matter if they didn't know anyone you know. Or if they were kinksters themselves. That might lead to an interesting conversation "So... I see someone enjoyed themselves last night!" :facepalm:
I actually did try out a brand new deep throat gag a few years ago the night before. (And before I knew better) I didn't see an obvious reaction. Maybe some of them have seen it all. I'm not saying they don't notice, just can't call it out. Unless they suspect something else, unrelated.
Have to admit, I didn't even think of any potential kinksters in the office reading those signals.
Talking to people I know? Ok, what other excuses could one come up with if confronted with the discovery of this information? All I got is "The carrot was longer than I expected" or "The banana wasn't quite ripe". Help me out here.
👠👠