Suspension

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Suspension

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lotharjulz wrote:
john744556 wrote:
TicleMeEndless wrote:*snake whisper
Yes-s-s-s, s-show it us-s-s-s! We whanna to looking at! How you sus-s-spended your-s-s-self-f-f-s-s-s?
I would love to but I’m not sure you’d want to see me with a dildo in lingerie suspended with my penis out :P
I would love to see it!
Make sure to cover up the "private" area if you post this.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
john744556

Post by john744556 »

Lotharjulz wrote:
l wrote:
TicleMeEndless wrote:*snake wh
Last edited by john744556 on 24 Dec 2023, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
john744556

Post by john744556 »

P
john744556

Post by john744556 »

D
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

closest I ever came to being totally stuck was a self bondage in suspension. It was an exciting experience, but also a bit terrifying, and left some red marks on my wrists that lasted a while.
The terrifying part was not that I would die there, but that I would be discovered. I would have been discovered after two or three hours. A fate worse than death? Not really, but close.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Suspension bondage is very exciting. As everyone has stated also very dangerous. People are however thrill seekers and are going to do it anyways so here are some of the things I have "learned" over the years in doing solo SB suspensions / partial suspensions. A few pre requisites are that you have a proper anchor point above you that can hold your weight plus. The other thing I take extra care of is my rope and leather to make sure its in good condition with no worn spots or frayed ends. The size and thickness of the rope are very important. You should not attempt to suspend yourself with clothesline. 1/2 inch or 5/8ths diameter nylon work for me and the rope is cut to the lengths I need and the ends are fused so they cant fray.

Now to some more important things. Some good knots to use for SB suspensions are a bowline knot and a wiremans knot. The bowline puts a fixed loop at the end of the rope and the wiremans knot puts a fixed loop anywhere along the length of the rope. Dangers of the bowline knot, some times I have used the loop in the bowline to pass the rope through to get a mechanical advantage for lifting my body weight. I have found this is very dangerous because the tag end of the rope can get pinched in the bowline and gets stuck and even if you pull on it the rope is stuck until your weight is off the knot.

Some other things I've found are to always use a lot of wraps of rope on your body body parts that are going to be holding your weight. Nothing is worse than spending 20 minutes getting into your favorite position and finding the rope is digging in and causing pain. The more wraps the better. Constricting knots are not for suspension bondage and I have found myself having inadvertently tied one on and needed to cut it off. The shibari chest harness was the culprit on that one. The top knot on the upper chest loop started to constrict after a few minutes and needed to be cut.

Getting suspended. most people use a chair or table and end up trying to ease their body off of it and trying to get suspended I've always used extra care here. The chair can kick out from under you or you can slip of and knock the chair away from yourself or it tips over. I've noticed myself deliberately pushing the chair away so its not within easy reach once I'm suspended. Use extra care here.

I never do a strict suspension "session" I always have my hands free or loosely bound and I keep a pair of cutters and a blade within reach to be able to cut myself out should I need to.

The last thing I would say is self bondage is an experience and we learn from our experiences so take your time and learn and enjoy it. If you find yourself entering the realm of suspensions go slow and easy and leave yourself a way out.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Another dimension to suspension SB is to be tied to an object or a chair for example and then try to suspend yourself. I found it better to make sure you are what is suspended properly and not have the chair is what is being suspended. Wooden chairs as lovely as they are, are only glued together and those glued joints can break.

Always have a way out!
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

with a block and tackle you can lift yourself. With the one shown there is an 7 to 1 mechanical advantage, so if you can pull with a force of 25 pounds you can lift 175 pounds.
Of course, this means your arms and hands must be free to do the lifting, so you could try lifting your ankles for an inverted suspension. You would also need a place to tie it off once you are lifted off of the floor. Only about $45 on amazon.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

I strongly favor a chain hoist for lifting. Although it has some disadvantages -- size, weight, noise, and they tend to come with both chains oiled to prevent rusting -- it is far less likely than a block/tackle to jam up in some way.
john744556

Post by john744556 »

[quote="Shannon /
Last edited by john744556 on 24 Dec 2023, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠