Totally Escapable BUT Strict Release Methods?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
HellsBells

Totally Escapable BUT Strict Release Methods?

Post by HellsBells »

Hi all! I have a few evenings alone coming up, but it'll be really, truly alone.

Anyone have ideas on good release methods that would be strict enough to keep the restraints on for some time, but are pretty low risk? So no ice locks, etc.

Thanks in advance, lovely people!
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Totally Escapable BUT Strict Release Methods?

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Many knots...
Lock a cuff to a rope that has MANY knots that need to be untied to release the cuff.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
HellsBells

Post by HellsBells »

Aha! Very good, thank you!
Dark_Lizerd wrote:Many knots...
Lock a cuff to a rope that has MANY knots that need to be untied to release the cuff.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

HellsBells wrote:Hi all! I have a few evenings alone coming up, but it'll be really, truly alone.

Anyone have ideas on good release methods that would be strict enough to keep the restraints on for some time, but are pretty low risk? So no ice locks, etc.

You can use the figure eight loops: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13956&p=107207&hil ... ht#p107207 without the use of a padlock. When you do it so you have enough space (2 fingers) between the loops and your wrist then you can always free yourself with reversing the moves.
Due to the friction you cannot slide the loops off your hands and you can only free yourself again by taking the last loop back from your wrist, so that everything comes loose almost by itself.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

HellsBells wrote:Hi all! I have a few evenings alone coming up, but it'll be really, truly alone.

What are you looking for in a release? Are you willing to buy some hardware? Have you looked at the following website?
https://www.boundanna.com
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
ZipMeUp

Post by ZipMeUp »

I've used ice locks and they can be very safe if done correctly. All you have to do is make sure that there is no way for the key to get caught on the string when the ice melts. If you freeze a string and a key in an ice cube tray it should be as foolproof as any other release method. If you want extra assurance, use two.
Just make sure that you can 100% release yourself when the keys fall. Nothing, and I mean Nothing is worse than seeing the keys drop and then realizing that you have no chance of getting them into the keyhole.

If you want to tie yourself down tighter you can always use a door-lock electromagnet too. Just run the timer off a battery and this release will be as reliable as any other of the "bulletproof" ones.

I also highly recommend the ink jar release that you can find on the main site.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I have used an expensive shirt wrapped around a water pipe, with a chain passed up one sleeve and out the other (not round the pipe) then locked into a loop, with the other end attached to my leg irons. In an emergency I could cut the shirt then get the keys to the irons, which were otherwise out of reach. I should say that I never needed to actually test it. I had a big pair of scissors and a knife available. I presume I could have cut the shirt if necessary.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have found ice release methods to be very reliable. Although, there are some ice methods that could be a problem.

In my earlier self-bondage experiments I tried freezing a key, tied to a string, in a cube of ice. I would include a washer or nut, also tied to a string. The idea was that I would thumbtack the string tied to the nut to the ceiling, and some time later the key would fall. The string attached would allow me to add additional string so it would swing down to where I could get it. There were two failure mechanisms: 1) the two strings could tangle, and then the key not drop even though all the ice had totally melted. 2) I mixed up the two strings, and after a while the nut fell free while the key remained stuck to the ceiling. Don't worry, I had a backup . . .

A much more reliable ice release, and one that doesn't require advanced preparation (the freezing a key in ice requires preparing at least a half day in avance) is to simply throw some ice cubes into a small nylon stuff sack and pass the neck of the bag through a steel ring that is anchored to something. You won't be able to pull the bag all the way through until the ice has melted, but once it has melted, the bag will easily pull through. Perhaps not a good release mechanism for outdoor play in Minnesota in January.

My favorite 'go to' release mechanism is an electro-magnet. I have one that was meant to hold a door shut. I use two timers in series, just to make sure that I don't end up stuck should one fail.

A really cheap way of timing a release is to do the self-bondage in the dark using a combination padlock. Put a timer on a lamp, or wait until sunrise to be able to see the lock well enough to work the combination.

R.Mc.