Durable material for ice sock release

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
rexter

Durable material for ice sock release

Post by rexter »

I'm interested in making something like a sock that works as an ice sock release. Mostly I'm trying to figure out what material to use. My sessions use ice socks under quite a lot of strain because they are part of a direct ice release method using tight bondage. I've had dozens of such sessions, and what I have actually works very well. Problem is that sock material eventually wears out. I'm looking for something durable, thin, non-absorbent, and sewable to create a much more refined release that uses the same principle.

I suppose I could just try out several, but I was hoping for some ideas. I don't want it to stretch much. It needs to be strong enough to withstand rubbing against the inside of O-ring, carabiner or whatever release point. It also needs to be strong enough to withstand pulling by a healthy individual who isn't a gym nut.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Durable material for ice sock release

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

How about burlap? Used to make tents, rope, nets, sand bags, and allows water to flow through it. Might be strong enough for this purpose.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
rexter

Post by rexter »

I thought of that. I may try it, but it seems it would stretch a lot.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

rexter wrote:I thought of that. I may try it, but it seems it would stretch a lot.
I sometimes use a kitchen towel in a plastic bag. The kitchen towel does not give much and the plastic bag ensures that not everything gets wet. Only condensation water is created.
rexter

Post by rexter »

I ordered some 3" tubular webbing. Should arrive next week. I'm optimistic this can serve as the basis for what I want to construct.

eg: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BS1C91T?ps ... ct_details

it's 100% nylon, .08" thick. breaking point of 5642lb. likely less under exterior duress between ice and a piece of metal... but probably way strong enough.