Where can i buy really large icelocks?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Sandman

Where can i buy really large icelocks?

Post by Sandman »

The biggest icelock i currently own lasts for 10 hours. I remember buying it from a german seller at Ebay several years ago, but the seller has closed down for business. And most icelocks that are for sale on mainstream BDSM stores only lasts for 2-3 hours.
So where can i buy really large icelocks? Something thats lasts for 15 hours+
Riddle

Re: Where can i buy really large icelocks?

Post by Riddle »

To go beyond 10 hours, you may need to switch your method to something else.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Sandman wrote: So where can i buy really large icelocks? Something thats lasts for 15 hours+
If you're still going the ice route, you may have to DIY. Maybe drill holes in pint sized paint cans with eye hooks? Need something that won't rust and can take some expansion as the water turns to ice.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Username

Post by Username »

Go with a little one to an metal shop. maybe they can make a larger one
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

use pvc to make one
scottk

Post by scottk »

What is the size of your "large" ice locks? (picture maybe helpful)

If you want to increase the time on your existing ice locks you could add a layer of insulation. Perhaps use 1/2 inch thick closed cell foam or a few layers of foam tape.

Larger DIY locks using 8-inch PVC or ABS pipe would take a while to melt. Has anyone tried using PVC to see if it cracks during freeze expansion?

Using a flex-coupling may allow expansion.

Scott
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Maybe 2 plumbing end caps of slightly different sizes might work, drilling the smaller one with several holes in the sides, and eye hooks with rubber washers in the base of each. Fill the larger one with water, place the smaller one inside, and freeze. Be sure to test that it doesn't warp the sides as it freezes, that is one variable I can not predict, hence my non-rusting metal suggestion. Give it a try and please report.
By the way, ice is cool. Standing in it out here in these sandals is cold. :arrow:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:By the way, ice is cool. Standing in it out here in these sandals is cold. :arrow:
The right Avatar at the right time. :wink: :)

Another: You can put ice blocks in a kitchen towel. Put the 4 corners together and put everything in a plastic bag that will keep the water afterwards.
Push the corners and the plastic bag through a ring that will allow everything to pass through easily once the ice has melted.
Tie these corners and plastic bag together as you would tie someone's hair in bondage.
Depending on the number of ice blocks you have an adjustable ice lock.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I use plastic water bottles, thread a length of chain in to form a coil or pile at the bottom, fill with water and freeze. Maybe you could bring both ends of the chain out but I attach the bottle to a leg of the bed with cable ties.
How long they'll take to melt will depend on climate and heating but I'm glad I didn't use a 2 litre bottle without testing first as it turned out to take about 16 hours! So now I use 500ml bottles for a daytime session, 1 litre for overnight, but as the time is going to vary a lot with ambient temperature that's just for safety backup with timer padlocks as the primary release.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Sandman wrote:The biggest icelock i currently own lasts for 10 hours. I remember buying it from a german seller at Ebay several years ago, but the seller has closed down for business. And most icelocks that are for sale on mainstream BDSM stores only lasts for 2-3 hours.
So where can i buy really large icelocks? Something thats lasts for 15 hours+
Do you have a smaller lock?

If so, you may try to add some saw dust to the water before freezing. If you get the right mix of wood and water, you get a material that takes ages to melt and the cost is next to nothing.

Make sure to have several test runs before locking yourself up this way though.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
marcelo

Post by marcelo »

I think that you can use Pykrete for long periods

Pykrete is a frozen ice alloy,[1] originally made of approximately 14% sawdust or some other form of wood pulp (such as paper) and 86% ice by weight (6 to 1 by weight).

Pykrete features unusual properties, including a relatively slow melting rate due to its low thermal conductivity, as well as a vastly improved strength and toughness compared to ordinary ice.

Pykrete
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pykrete
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I'd be a bit itchy about adding solid particles (e.g. sawdust) to something that's supposed to work by having everything that might be blocking it melt into liquid ... sawdust is not a liquid and, depending on how it's being used, might jam the ice lock.

Again, depending on how it's being used, you might get more time out of existing ice locks by adding some insulation around it to reduce the rate of melting. Obviously, if you can remove the insulation once bound, that's not going to work, but a scene where the ice lock is holding a key out of reach or a tether arranged so you can't reach it (either too high to reach while bound, or with an additional tether, so each tether prevents you from to releasing the other) could be effective.

You could try coating it in PCL (Polymorph / Instamorph) - heat transfer through that stuff is really slow, and if it's well wrapped, you won't be able to get it off without tools.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

(I'd add, whatever you do, test, test, test.)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ruru67 wrote:(I'd add, whatever you do, test, test, test.)
May I second this?!
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Another way to get a longer time from an ice lock is to insulate it, for instance encasing it in a block of polystyrene that something like a bottle might have been shipped in, cut, obviously, so the lock can separate correctly once it's thawed. But I'd say again, for long periods use ice as a backup for timer padlocks or magnetic locks on electronic timers but not as the primary release as it can be so variable.