Ring device size

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
AllieXBow

Ring device size

Post by AllieXBow »

How big is the ring device meant to be? Also would pulleys/ratchets work too?
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
bound_jenny

Re: Ring device size

Post by bound_jenny »

AllieXBow wrote:How big is the ring device meant to be?
Two rings of about 25-35 mm diameter. Stuff you could get at the hardware store (perv heaven 8) ) for a couple of bucks.
AllieXBow wrote:Also would pulleys/ratchets work too?
Yes! The ring device is a simple rope ratcheting device.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Re: Ring device size

Post by kinbaku »

I usually use rings between 2 and 4 cm (0,75”-1.5"). It also depends on the rope thickness - the thinner the rope, the smaller the ring.

These days I prefer to use the ratchets because they are more secure. With the ring device I sometimes had problems with the rope turning and blocking. Especially when used horizontally rather than vertically.
Another problem was that after being tensioned, the rope bounced back a bit before locking.

With a rope ratchet, every click is an instant block. And you can enjoy every click sound.

I also did the 1 ring,
OneRingDevice.jpg
OneRingDevice.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 863 times
(You pull the left rope until you have the right size and then you block it with the eight knot on the right side rope). I have something similar that you can tie up with one hand and without a ring, but that's too dangerous because you can tie yourself up without being able to break free.

With 3 ring devices it is slightly firmer.

Sometimes I just use rope to accomplish the same thing: If you make a sliding loop (with a prusik or with a Tiernan Catch), you can shorten it making your rope shorter and you can block it by tying a knot in it.
As an example,
rope_ring.jpg
rope_ring.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 863 times
tie your hands together and ankles together with a double-column tie (light brown) for a hogtie. Cinch it with a few turns to make 2 to 3 loops (blue) - you already have a partial block due to the friction of rope against rope. This can be pulled in with a running loop like the truckers-hitch.

Another possibility is with ANZEN variations. Or with belt ratchets.