Self Bondage could potentially get my life back on track...

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
AllieXBow

Self Bondage could potentially get my life back on track...

Post by AllieXBow »

For me, self bondage is more than just pleasure...
When I was a teen I was depressed, and didn't get the motivation to do things I wanted to learn, and lost interest in hobbies (not to be confused with hobble) . I also was very socially isolated which I am working on.

Now that I have moved out of my parent's house I am able to spend more quality time with self bondage, which had always been a part of me. I can do it as I can buy proper equipment and not risk getting walked in on. I am also fairly young with no responsibility so I can afford this.

As a happy child, I really liked reading, writing and drawing. I stopped doing this as I got older unfortunately. However I hope my new love with self bondage can help motivate me to achieve this. I often look at bondage diagrams with awe but also disappointment as I am not good at drawing human figures. It is very frustrating to have brilliant ideas mapped out in my mind yet I cannot express them on real paper. Then I would even be able to share it and contribute more to the community. It becomes easier to do creative hobbies when you actually have a specific interest and goal in mind.

Another thing that really intruiged me from BoundAnna was the fact that computers, arduino etc can actually be used to assist self bondage. I am studying programming but stop making progress once I run out of ideas. Without a personal project it is hard to effectively develop programming skills. However I never run out of self bondage ideas 8). I hope this will motivate me to program more and contribute to the computerised section.

I also want to become more social and start meeting new people. I stopped doing that a long time ago due to depression and I am working on rectifying this. Talking on this forum has been amazing for this too. I made a fetlife account and plan on going to some munches and get the ballgag rolling :gag: :wink: . I have been to some other non kink related support groups, parties and clubs but never felt any true connection. In the past I have tried to talk about bdsm with my friends but no one understands me which made me feel alienated in a way. I am glad that there are people out there just like myself :) As a queer person, I am more than delighted to know that they are LGBT friendly and have quite an intersection. The kink clubs could potentially even become my new support group too! Literally a 'support' group too (if there is suspension of course).

There are many other benefits to self bondage but here are some concrete goals that I can work on immediately.

Thanks for reading my essay. ~Allie (she/her/they/them)

A question for you: How has Self Bondage improved YOU as a person?
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Self Bondage could potentially get my life back on track

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

We try to make this a fun safe place.
Try searching for munches. A group of like minded people who "know" each other and the phrase "safety in numbers" seems to hold true. (In other words, if you hook up, you can tell your new friends where you are going, who you will be with, and they can be a human back up to check in or rescue if needed)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The important thing is to get out and meet people, especially if they have a common interest.

From what I can see, you're motivated, you've set your goals, and you have a good attitude.

I'd say you're on the right track. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AllieXBow wrote:As a happy child, I really liked reading, writing and drawing. I stopped doing this as I got older unfortunately. However I hope my new love with self bondage can help motivate me to achieve this. I often look at bondage diagrams with awe but also disappointment as I am not good at drawing human figures. It is very frustrating to have brilliant ideas mapped out in my mind yet I cannot express them on real paper. Then I would even be able to share it and contribute more to the community. It becomes easier to do creative hobbies when you actually have a specific interest and goal in mind.
Take drawing lessons. You will learn to improve your drawing and you will meet new people.
I bought some textbooks for drawing people, but because of too many activities I don't have the time to work on them. :facepalm:
AllieXBow wrote:Another thing that really intruiged me from BoundAnna was the fact that computers, arduino etc can actually be used to assist self bondage. I am studying programming but stop making progress once I run out of ideas. Without a personal project it is hard to effectively develop programming skills. However I never run out of self bondage ideas 8). I hope this will motivate me to program more and contribute to the computerised section.
I'm brewing something new for BoundAnna that may interest you. You have to be patient for a while, there is not enough time for me to continuously work on it. :idea:
If you are interested in computer program and all kinds of development, please PM Shannon Steelslave as well. You will not regret it.
AllieXBow wrote:I also want to become more social and start meeting new people.
On the right track.
AllieXBow wrote:A question for you: How has Self Bondage improved YOU as a person?
At viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13408#p99126 you can already read some stories of us.
Shannon SteelSlave

AllieXBow wrote:
Another thing that really intruiged me from BoundAnna was the fact that computers, arduino etc can actually be used to assist self bondage. I am studying programming but stop making progress once I run out of ideas. Without a personal project it is hard to effectively develop programming skills. However I never run out of self bondage ideas 8). I hope this will motivate me to program more and contribute to the computerised section.
In recognition of your programming skills endeavour, I am promoting you to Developer. See you there.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
AllieXBow wrote:
In recognition of your programming skills endeavour, I am promoting you to Developer. See you there.

Wow rly =)) Got lots to learning to do
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Shannon SteelSlave

AllieXBow wrote: Wow rly =))
really-really.jpg
really-really.jpg (34.1 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AllieXBow wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
AllieXBow wrote:

Wow rly =)) Got lots to learning to do
Congratulations on your new title, AllieXBow. :hi:
It opens new horizons.