Is a gag important whilst in Self Bondage?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

Poll ended at 21 Sep 2021, 19:26

Mandatory
57%
Sometimes
29%
Not important
10%
Never
5%

Total votes: 21

cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

Personally I absolutely must be very well gagged so I can't speak in a SB session, or the session won't happen.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Is a gag important whilst in Self Bondage?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Pretty much. Without one, the captive can make noise that can be heard by you or would be helpers. Also enforces discipline and prevents chewing or manipulating of knots.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

I can enjoy without the gag, but its so better with it on. Also I hate how loose balllgags are. Can spit out ez :gag: :(
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Pretty much. Without one, the captive can make noise that can be heard by you or would be helpers. Also enforces discipline and prevents chewing or manipulating of knots.
Cant chew knots when ur hogtied :roll:
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

You're not totally helpless if you can still yell for help...
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

A gag won't really keep you silent though. Unless you block all air you won't really keep somebody totally silent. And if you DO... that won't last long or it becomes permanent.

I'll sometimes use a gag, but most of the time I use a gag that i can remove from my mouth at least enough to be able to vomit or cough heavily. Things can go south FAST if you can't breathe properly. Happened to me a few weeks ago where I was wearing my panel ball gag harness (see photo's in the reviews section). I had been wearing it for about 45 minutes and was getting undresses and putting stuff away. I was just about getting around to undoing the the gag as I tried to suck in some spit to stop it from drooling all over the floor when it "went down the wrong pipe" and had me chocking for air. Because the gag had made me drool like crazy and was restricting me from properly clearing my mouth every heavy raspy coughing breath I took basically just sucked in more spit and made me cough and wheeze even more. Thank god I had my hands free and got that gag out fairly fast but by the time I was getting some actual air into me I could feel I was on the edge of blacking out and in my effort to not drool on the floor I made a massive mess anyway. It took me half an hour before I felt like I could breathe normally again and get enough oxygen in me. Not fun times... And one of the reasons using a gag during solo play is not really recommended. :gag:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:A gag won't really keep you silent though. Unless you block all air you won't really keep somebody totally silent. And if you DO... that won't last long or it becomes permanent.

I'll sometimes use a gag, but most of the time I use a gag that i can remove from my mouth at least enough to be able to vomit or cough heavily. Things can go south FAST if you can't breathe properly. Happened to me a few weeks ago where I was wearing my panel ball gag harness (see photo's in the reviews section). I had been wearing it for about 45 minutes and was getting undresses and putting stuff away. I was just about getting around to undoing the the gag as I tried to suck in some spit to stop it from drooling all over the floor when it "went down the wrong pipe" and had me chocking for air. Because the gag had made me drool like crazy and was restricting me from properly clearing my mouth every heavy raspy coughing breath I took basically just sucked in more spit and made me cough and wheeze even more. Thank god I had my hands free and got that gag out fairly fast but by the time I was getting some actual air into me I could feel I was on the edge of blacking out and in my effort to not drool on the floor I made a massive mess anyway. It took me half an hour before I felt like I could breathe normally again and get enough oxygen in me. Not fun times... And one of the reasons using a gag during solo play is not really recommended. :gag:
Thanks for sharing. I've been using a gag very little - although I do like wearing it. But from your story, I'm probably going to use my gag in self-bondage even less: only when my hands are free to respond immediately in an emergency.
Shannon SteelSlave

AllieXBow wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Pretty much. Without one, the captive can make noise that can be heard by you or would be helpers. Also enforces discipline and prevents chewing or manipulating of knots.
botb_kathogm.mp4-.jpg
Without gags, these 2 could work something out.
download.jpg
download.jpg (4.13 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
How would this scenario work without a gag?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Pretty much all the time :gag: . While it will not totally silence you it makes you feel even more helpless :love: and communicating with third parties difficult if you do have to get help :oops: .
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
AllieXBow wrote:
botb_kathogm.mp4-.jpg
Without gags, these 2 could work something out.
download.jpg
How would this scenario work without a gag?
Good counter examples, forgot how effective teamwork is. But if it was self bondage then it would be different

However I bet I can spit out the normal ballgag without the harness and chew my way out :gag: :arrow: :P :hi: :hi:
Shannon SteelSlave

Please don't wreck my fun with talk of spitting out the gag :wink: I am sort of well disciplined, and that is ruled as "breaking bondage" which is punishable. I will definitely be putting my set rules in my game, of course, the user can alter them as they see fit.
I could show you an effective gag that won't kill you, but it may be in poor taste. Everyone, let me know if I should do it. Some medium core mutilation involved.
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Some medium core mutilation involved.
I hope ur not talking about sewing my lips shut... I literally just had a nightmare about that yesterday night.. Plz dont do it :( i will put it back on
Shannon SteelSlave

AllieXBow wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Some medium core mutilation involved.
I hope ur not talking about sewing my lips shut... I literally just had a nightmare about that yesterday night.. Plz dont do it :( i will put it back on
Don't even make me say it
Baby_Plucky_.jpg
https://wgntv.com/news/new-weight-loss- ... our-mouth/ (Just copy and paste, doesn't seem to work as a link)
E47zDLFWUAAx4uz.jpg
I also would have accepted "Supper Glue". Goodnight everybody!
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

I think the weight loss thing is designed to still let u speak because there is a 2mm gap. Im a bit of a ventriloquist (basically a skill of talking without moving lips, as long as nothing is obstructed and air can pass between the teeth) =)

But i guess it can be tightened a bit more. Even if i could still talk its harder and still super humilating
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

I don’t need to for self bondage but I also don’t need to be so tied up I can’t escape until something happens like a ice lock melts. I love struggling and squirming around but I also just love how comfortable and cosy I feel tied up, it’s so relaxing.
When my ex and I went through our tickling kink we tried tickling each other with gags and without. We preferred without because it was funnier listening to her calling me names and then begging for me to stop and laughing too. She use to delight in me doing the same. So I don’t think it works for all bondage play.
I have a ball gag but mostly on my own I use a silk scarf with a knot in my mouth. I can talk freely so for me it’s just the feeling of something there.
I had a panic once when I had this silly idea of tying myself up in my attic. I never fantasies about kidnap play but this one time I did. I was dressed up in my maids dress and although I am not into dirt I decided I wanted to get dirty struggling on the floor of my attic.
Well long story short I forgot I had a delivery coming that day so when I hear someone knocking at my front door I panicked and couldn’t get my words out not that they could have heard me anyway. I was fine I could not have been discovered but that panic was horrible and I have hardly used my ballgag since.

Lisa