What Does SB Mean To You?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
swimsuit

Re: What Does SB Mean To You?

Post by swimsuit »

Sandman wrote:
When in SB i want to be as comfortable as possible. This means that i want to be strapped to a comfy mattress, using restraints that have a soft feel against my skin. And wont cause pain, lesions or bruises. For me SB is also about relaxation or perhaps a "forced timeout" if you will. Just because i have a long sentence to serve, doesn't mean i have to feel miserable (or at least more miserable than necessary). Being locked in a strenuous position or with restraints or devices like spanking machines that cause pain is simply not my cup of tea. Being as comfortable as possible is the main reason i endure long sessions. Segufix is the only restraint system i know of that is designed to be as soft as possible, while also being escape proof.

... i want the setup to be inescapable and ... if i could simply walk out of the restraints as soon as i got bored, then the entire concept of SB will be meaningless to me.

This means that the restraints have to fulfil these criteria:

- All parts of my body have to be securely locked down, preventing any useful movement
- The restraints have to endure huge physical force without breaking
- The restraints have to be locked in such a way that its impossible to open or remove them without a key
- The restraints have to be able to withstand all genuine attempts of escape.
Same! I switched to Segufix a couple of years ago. I use a full set with crotch-strap, along with thigh restraints and the additional shoulder belts. Such a turn on fastening all the straps and locks. But then, after I orgasm, the boredom ... aah, the boredom! 10 hours is longer than I've done. I put a key in one of two K-Safe's, to release in 3/4 hours or overnight 6-8 hours. I cover the display and mix them up before selecting one at random. Both K-Safe's have a key with a ribbon - the one I selected to go with, I attach the ribbon from it to the Segufix near the hand restraint on one side of the bed. I put the other one out of reach. I use a third K-Safe with a key on a ribbon, timed to open just after the 6-8 hour K-Safe - if the K-Safe I've selected fails to open, this is my backup.

SB with no emergency release is extreme enough by itself, but that does not mean i don't care about safety. Its true that as soon as i am strapped down, and the last lock clicks in place i will be truly helpless for the entire duration of the session.

I've written a post about this earlier (see post history), but i can make a quick summary here:
- I always use 2 ice locks that are daisy chained, so there is practically zero risk of release method failure
- I only use professional equipment, like Segufix because the belts are designed to fit perfectly around my body. Essentially eliminating the risk of strangulation
- And mainly, the biggest safety risk is actually myself and my own behaviour. By this i mean that when i make all these foolish escape attempts, there is quite a bit of bouncing and wiggling around. And if i for example had used inferior restraints like ropes or chains. Its actually a risk that i would only get entangled even further and accidentally get a rope around my neck. Yes, this have actually happened in the past, fortunately i was still able to breathe and later able remove the rope. I don't think i was in any real danger, however this episode made me really think about the dangers of strangulation. I have also had incidents where i accidentally smacked my head into the wall, but that was because i was only partially restrained at the time

This may sound ironic, but i will actually argue that its safer to be properly restrained in such a way that movement and escape is impossible!

I agree - the only times I've ever injured has been through deciding I wasn't going to wait for my keys to release and forcing my restrained body into extreme stress positions in order to reach keys I placed out of reach but being determined to reach them anyway - resulting in injuries like muscle strain and once I had temporary numbness fighting against steel cuffs to reach a key high up. Segufix, paradoxically, because I'm fastened securely to the bed in the way the manufacturer designed for, means I'm safer because I'm forced to wait for the K-Safe's to open and release the keys to me. I can safely fight the restraints because they're professionally designed to be fought against. I install it on my bed with care and following the instructions and I fasten myself into it as if following the instructions for fastening a patient into it. I check locks are working and K-Safes are working. I have a key on the bed and available for adjusting any straps while fastening myself in. The final lock to close is the one attaching my left hand to the Segufix bed belt (I start with my foot and hand restraints already on my ankles and wrists, just need to fasten them to the bed straps) and drop that key - to make it easier psychologically, I also have it on a ribbon, which I use to lower the key to the floor and then instead of dropping the key itself I let go of the ribbon. Once I let go, there's no going back.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Swim Suit.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to the BoundAnna forum, swimsuit.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
swimsuit

Post by swimsuit »

I've never had muscle cramp like that. But one of the advantages of Segufix is that you can set it to allow more movement and still be totally secure and still impossible to escape.

You could set the side belts to allow you to roll onto one or both sides instead of being stuck on your back.
You could avoid using additional shoulder belts so you can sit up or set them so you can raise up to a certain angle to strech.
You can set the foot restraints to give you more movement and you can get an extended version of the hand restraint to give you more movement.

You'll still be totally secure but able to move enough to stretch a bit. Hope that helps.
ChaoticGoodRogue

Post by ChaoticGoodRogue »

Definitely vibe with the feeling of "floating away" someone mentioned and many of the other things people mentioned. Wanted to ask - this chain touched on it briefly but only briefly - does a SB session always include or end with genital stimulation/orgasm or can SB be meaningful separate from orgasm (somewhere during the experience).
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

ChaoticGoodRogue wrote:Wanted to ask - this chain touched on it briefly but only briefly - does a SB session always include or end with genital stimulation/orgasm or can SB be meaningful separate from orgasm (somewhere during the experience).
Most of the time with genital stimulation, but not necessary. I can enjoy with only a bondage.
Even just with my eyes closed or just blindfolded, fantasizing about being kidnapped and/or enslaved by a master.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:
ChaoticGoodRogue wrote:Wanted to ask - this chain touched on it briefly but only briefly - does a SB session always include or end with genital stimulation/orgasm or can SB be meaningful separate from orgasm (somewhere during the experience).
Most of the time with genital stimulation, but not necessary. I can enjoy with only a bondage.
Even just with my eyes closed or just blindfolded, fantasizing about being kidnapped and/or enslaved by a master.
There's always an erotic element to self-bondage. Whether it be the sensation of the bondage on one's body, or the imagination running wild with fantasies, eroticism is still in the picture.

Otherwise it would be just plain work.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bound_jenny wrote:There's always an erotic element to self-bondage. Whether it be the sensation of the bondage on one's body, or the imagination running wild with fantasies, eroticism is still in the picture.

Otherwise it would be just plain work.

Jenny.
I have to agree, even remembering past scenarios can be stimulating. But not all sessions need to end with physical stimulation.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.