What Does SB Mean To You?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Lisahs3

Re: What Does SB Mean To You?

Post by Lisahs3 »

bound_jenny wrote:
Lisahs3 wrote:I have no idea what to do! So my heels stay at home that night Thats if it happens. Might need some advice lol
:idea: Go as a cross-dresser.

For good measure wear a fake moustache and some dark bluish makeup thinly applied to simulate a freshly-shaved beard.

You would still go as a guy, but dressed as a girl... heels and all. :mrgreen:

Jenny,.
:rofl: Oh Jenny you are a genius! that is brilliant LOL

All the guys wanted to go through their partners wardrobes but all my girlfriends were like don't you dare touch my clothes. lol
I sat there feeling smug.
Then one of my friends says she is going to try on one of her husbands suits when he goes to work haha.

Lisa
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

AllieXBow wrote:
Onixpected wrote:Self-bondage for me went from something I discovered casually without knowing it, to an important hobby that is part of my life, and always will be. I'm single atm, and never experienced proper bondage with a partner. So, self-bondage started as my go-to to satisfy my desires about bondage. It also expanded my kinks about crossdressing, as now I have a proper reason to wear heels and woman lingerie other than "it feels and looks so damn good" :rofl:
Planning the scenario, fantasizing about it, dressing up for it and enjoying the excitement as it grows and grows make it much more for me than just a mere rope I tie around my legs. It's a way to escape my full-scheduled daily routine, to release some tension I can have.
I am very close to having my place and being able to finally enjoy it whenever I feel like it, instead of needing to wait for the family to leave the house to play. The excitement is already growing!

In short, SB helps me relaxing in an exciting way, and that's all I can ask for! :drool:

Hey you sound a bit like me. Also if you haven't experienced anything real, you could try join the local scene, but I'm not sure if that's for everyone.

It's too bad that there isn't a thing such as local scene on my area. Our city doesn't have things like bondage community/clubs or stuff like that :?
Just to point things out, we only have 1 physical sexshop in the entire city and surrounding towns, and it is very small.
AllieXBow wrote: I think 'looks and feels damn good' is a sufficient reason :rofl: I just ordered some heels because I think they make legs look super smexy when tied up. But I might wear them outside normally too one day.
Yeah, haha I agree that's more than a valid reason :)
A few years back I kept snooping my mother's only 2 pairs of heels (she isn't a heels user). They were low, but helped me learning how to walk on them. With time, they stopped fitting me. Once I get my place, ordering/buying a pair of heels will be one of the first things I do, because I want them to walk around my house and use them on my self-bondage.
AllieXBow wrote: I agree that half of the fun is actually in fantasising and planning. It's a very holistic journey. Also I find it amusing how I get dressed so nicely just to be tied up by myself, in private. I don't put much effort when I actually go out.

It's also ironic, how being unable to escape, in itself is an escape from your daily life.
Yeah, it is like a paradox, something that binds/traps us can serve as a routine deviator and tension reliever. It's erotic, it's arousing, it's fun and it's relaxing. All in one.
In fact, for me, the scenario doesn't need to be inescapable to do the thing.
AllieXBow wrote: Also congratz on almost moving out! It will be so fun!
Thank you! It will be some months from now, once I finish my Masters Degree. Can't wait! Fun it will be for sure :rofl:
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I have always had a kink for SB using medical restraints and being strapped to the bed. I cant remember when i first developed these feelings, but i must have been a little kid when i first felt the urge to experiment with things like car seat belts or otherwise trying to tie myself down. I actually remember an incident when i was 4-5 years old when i used a rope and tied myself to a chair, and my grandfather had to cut the rope in order to release me.... :oops:

I also identify as ABDL which means i have a desire to wear diapers. And combining these kinks feels absolutely great. I started wearing adult diapers when i was about 16 years old. And when i finally was able to move out on my own, one of the first thinks i did was to buy a full set of Segufix restraints and a few ice-locks of various sizes. I then started experimenting with SB in Segufix and diapers.

In the beginning i only used restraints around my wrists and feet, i also used an icelock that would only last for an hour so. Besides i also had i backup release method that i could use if i wanted to escape. However in order to truly get that true SB-sensation i quickly advanced to a setup with a full set of restraints and a 10-hour icelock. I also ditched the backup release. This means that my setup is totally inescapable, so once i strap myself down to the bed i will be in for a 10 hour ride, so changing my mind during the session is futile. I am aware that this is risky and this is not something i would recommend to others, this is my personal choice.

So whats in it for me?
Well, if i have to sort out all the different feelings i associate with SB it must be something like this:

1. The feeling of true helplessness
I assume most people on this board can identify this feeling. Its very simple, i like to be in a position where i am a prisoner, being unable to move and no longer being in charge of my body. As mentioned, SB wouldn't be "real" if i could just activate the backup release or otherwise escape when i wanted to. There has to be a real risk involved. Thats why i decided to ditch the backup release, i also strap myself down in such a manner that i know for a fact that i will truly be stuck, and i dont mean "stuck" as in "hard to wiggle myself out". It means that if anything goes wrong i will be STUCK! In other words once the last lock is locked it will truly be the point of no return. And the only way to get free is when the ice lock releases. I also need a feeling of truly being punished, thats why i use an ice lock that lasts for 10 hours. Yes, 10 hours can be long and tedious, but SB wouldn't be the same if i knew that i would be released in a short time.

2. The rush when the final lock clicks in place
Strapping myself down with a full set of Segufix actually takes some time as there are many locks. I start with my legs and thighs. And then i fasten my waist, groin, chest and shoulders. I always make sure every lock is correctly fastened, so i know for a fact that getting out is impossible. Again, SB wouldn't really be exciting if i knew some clever way to get our early, so i have made sure to close every loophole in my setup. Segufix is pretty much escape proof by itself, but in addition i have also made sure that i cant reach the keys or use any other method to escape.

I then move on to the final step of securing my wrists. I then lock down my right wrist, and now i only have my left wrist unsecured. This means that this is the absolute final chance of changig my mind. And a very distinct feeling flow trough my body, i can only identify it as a mix between doubt, adrenaline, fear and excitement. I always take a pause and ponder for a few minutes, while tonnes of questions goes trough my brain

....Is this really safe?
....Are you aware of the fact that you will be confined to the bed for 10 hours?
.....Have you any idea of how long 10 hours actually is?
.....Are you aware of the fact that the Segufix restraints are inescapable?

I always answer myself with HELL YEAH, while i smash my remaining free wrist towards the lock and i hear the final *CLICK*
And a rush of adrenaline goes trough my body and it feels like i am riding a rocket into a black hole.

HOH-LEE-SHIT, did i really do this?

At this point i always start masturbating, but both of my hands are tied and i wear a diaper, and on top of that my groin is covered and secured by the belts. This makes it really hard to masturbate in the traditional sense, so instead i solve this by making pelvic thrusts against the belt that covers my groin. I am usually so excited that i ejaculate within a minute or so. And again i feel like i am floating through outer space and into other dimensions

3. The feeling of trying to escape, but failing miserably each time
After a few minutes of just experiencing this awesome euphoria, the excitement starts to fade. Every guy knows that after ejaculating we get a refractory period (or "post nut clarity), a state where the excitement suddenly disappears and reality starts to sink in. And i am just like ...Ehhh....did i really lock myself down?
...And am i really gonna stay here for 10 hours?"

Realizing what i have just done my mind gets filled by doubt and boredom. But perhaps i dont have to stay here in bed at all? Perhaps i can get out of these restraints and continue my day as normal?

And at this point i usually enter the "escape-phase" of the session. This means that i try every imaginable method of getting loose

I pull the belts as hard as i can, but they wont budge.
I try to wiggle myself out, but the belts allow only a few centimetres of movement.
I try to pull every lock to see if they open miraculously, only to discover that they are indeed locked.

I then make a last ditch attempt to tear up the belts by straining every muscle in my body and violently pull them apart, and at this point i am really fighting in anger against the belts. I pull, punch, kick and wiggle, but every movement i make gets firmly stopped by the belts.
And after a few minutes of what feels like an eternity of desperation i realize that i am indeed trapped and there is no such thing as escaping. I can only lie flat on the bed and stare at the ceiling, and if i try to move any part of my body more than a few centimetres the belts will mercilessly hold me down.

4. The feeling of being forced to use a diaper.

(Warning: Graphic content)

As mentioned i also enjoy wearing diapers, and when im strapped down for 10 hours its only a matter of time before certain bodily functions needs to be addressed. I also wear diapers outside SB, but i dont get the same thrill and excitement because i can always choose to remove the diaper at any time and just use the toilet the regular way. (And for those who are wondering, YES i do both #1 AND #2 in diapers). However when in restraints i obviously dont have the option of using the toilet, so in reality i am now in a position where i am FORCED to use the diaper. If i want to spice things up i can drink a lot of water and even use laxatives before i start the session and soon my bladder and colon is literally screaming for me to run to the toilet, but the only thing i can do is to lie there and wait for the inevitable.... I usually have this contest with myself to see how long i can keep it in, and the pressure builds up in my stomach to the point that i am getting cramps. After 15 - 20 minutes the cramps are so intense and my sphincter muscle is literally numb, so no matter how much strength and willpower i can muster i always have to give in and my diaper gets flooded.

5. The feeling of being calm and comfy

Despite the fact that i wear a soiled diaper and i have a huge desire to be released from the restraints, I have now accepted the situation and realized that i will be stuck in this bed for a long time, and i might as well make the best out of it.

I have to admit that being strapped down in Segufix is actually quite comfortable, the belts are really soft and wont cause sores or put pressure on my skin. And as long as im not actively fighting to get out i sometimes forget that i am in restraints. However when i make abrupt movements, the belts will firmly hold me down. I usually get some rest, meditate or even get a few hours of sleep. Its really calming to just lie there and think about life's mysteries or otherwise just let my mind wander freely. This feeling of being calm while restrained can actually being compared to being tucked into weighted blanket, as the belts puts a firm, but soft pressure on my entire body without causing constraints. And this is not something i make up - Using restraints actually works as a tool to counter stress and anxiety for me

6. The feeling of relief when the ice lock melts and I'm finally free.

After 8 to 9 hours i usually get really bored, and my entire body starts to feel stiff. I usually just stare at the clock for the last 2 hours in pure boredom, before the ice lock finally melts and i can unlock the restraints. I have to stand up really slow because i always feel dizzy afterwards. I take a huge sigh of relief before a get into the shower.

So yeah, OP asked about what SB is to me? Well it turns out that for for me SB is a complete roller-coaster of emotions :P
This was a fairly long post, but i couldn't figure out how to write a shorter text. :rofl:
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sandman wrote:This was a fairly long post, but i couldn't figure out how to write a shorter text. :rofl:
No need to shorten it, I enjoyed reading it. :wink:

I certainly wouldn't go more than 10 hours. Once freed, don't stand up too quickly either. In normal sleep we move our body a lot, in a Segufix that is not possible. Therefore, only do it when you feel fit and healthy. :love:
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Sandman wrote:I have always had a kink for SB using medical restraints and being strapped to the bed. I cant remember when i first developed these feelings, but i must have been a little kid when i first felt the urge to experiment with things like car seat belts or otherwise trying to tie myself down. I actually remember an incident when i was 4-5 years old when i used a rope and tied myself to a chair, and my grandfather had to cut the rope in order to release me.... :oops:

I also identify as ABDL which means i have a desire to wear diapers. And combining these kinks feels absolutely great. I started wearing adult diapers when i was about 16 years old. And when i finally was able to move out on my own, one of the first thinks i did was to buy a full set of Segufix restraints and a few ice-locks of various sizes. I then started experimenting with SB in Segufix and diapers…

So yeah, OP asked about what SB is to me? Well it turns out that for for me SB is a complete roller-coaster of emotions :P
This was a fairly long post, but i couldn't figure out how to write a shorter text. :rofl:
Thank you for sharing this message with us Sandman. Your thoughts are remarkably similar to my thoughts. Instead of Segufix, I bought Humane Restraints.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

kinbaku wrote:
Sandman wrote:This was a fairly long post, but i couldn't figure out how to write a shorter text. :rofl:
No need to shorten it, I enjoyed reading it. :wink:

I certainly wouldn't go more than 10 hours. Once freed, don't stand up too quickly either. In normal sleep we move our body a lot, in a Segufix that is not possible. Therefore, only do it when you feel fit and healthy. :love:
10 hours is the current maximum because that is the largest ice lock i own. I actually fantasise about doing an even longer run, maybe up to 12 or 15 hours, but that would require an upgrade to my current setup. As of now i only have a regular metal bed with Segufix restraints. If i want longer lasting sessions i would first need a bigger ice lock or some other release mechanism, i could go for those electronic padlocks, but i don't consider them to be reliable enough. Despite doing inescapable SB i do place a great emphasis on safety, and i need to be 1000% confident that the release mechanism will work every time, and ice locks are reliable in that sense that they wont break down mechanically or run out of power.

I should also install a system that would allow me to drink water during the session, shouldn't be that difficult i just need a Camelbak or something similar.
And of course a TV :P

I think 15 hours or so is the absolute max duration for SB in Segufix, because there is a risk of getting a deep vein thrombosis.

My ultimate fantasy is a session that lasts for several days, however that would require a totally different setup entirely. I have been thinking about making a prison cell and stocking it up with food for multiple days and use a timer on the door, but so far i haven't had the time or money to actually do this. Another method is to simply put on a leg iron and chain myself to a fixed anchor point in my bedroom, and use a chain that will allow me a few meters of movement inside the room. Such a session could last for maybe 2 or 3 days.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sandman wrote:Another method is to simply put on a leg iron and chain myself to a fixed anchor point in my bedroom, and use a chain that will allow me a few meters of movement inside the room.
This is easier to achieve and also better for your blood flow.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

kinbaku wrote:
Sandman wrote:Another method is to simply put on a leg iron and chain myself to a fixed anchor point in my bedroom, and use a chain that will allow me a few meters of movement inside the room.
Yeah, but it also requires some planning. Like how do you change pants while your leg is chained to the wall? :lol:
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sandman wrote:
kinbaku wrote:
Yeah, but it also requires some planning. Like how do you change pants while your leg is chained to the wall? :lol:
One solution is not to wear pants. :lol: Healthier for the noble parts. :rofl:
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Kinbaku: Lol, thats so true :lol:

I really want to try out a scenario that involves being chained to the wall for a longer period of time, i will defiantly try to create a setup that is in accordance with my rules and philosophy regarding SB.
Since this thread is about what SB feels to me, let me elaborate further on my thoughts regarding my SB-philosophy in general. I hope my thoughts are useful to you guys, and that this text is not just a madman's rambling :lol:

A successful SB session for me relies on 3 main factors, these are comfort, security and safety. Let me explain in detail what i mean.

Comfort

When in SB i want to be as comfortable as possible. This means that i want to be strapped to a comfy mattress, using restraints that have a soft feel against my skin. And wont cause pain, lesions or bruises. For me SB is also about relaxation or perhaps a "forced timeout" if you will. Just because i have a long sentence to serve, doesn't mean i have to feel miserable (or at least more miserable than necessary). Being locked in a strenuous position or with restraints or devices like spanking machines that cause pain is simply not my cup of tea. Being as comfortable as possible is the main reason i endure long sessions. Segufix is the only restraint system i know of that is designed to be as soft as possible, while also being escape proof. I have managed to fall asleep in them, although i wouldn't call it good quality sleep, but that will hopefully improve, as i plan to fine tune my setup by switching to a new mattress and adjusting the length of each belt.
I hope these improvements will also make my arms and legs feel less stiff after several hours.

I also plan to buy "luxury" upgrades like a TV and speakers. Being able to watch movies or listening to music while doing SB is something i really look forward to. :D

I also need a diaper that fits perfectly, and is able to absorb a shitload (pun intended :lol: ) without leaking or smelling. I currently use the Northshorecare Megamax and it is probably the best diaper i have ever used. I can do my business in them without even thinking about it. And wearing one for extended periods of time doesn't really bother me at all. Because it fits so well and its "contents" gets absorbed so quickly that i actually forget that i'm wearing one, even if its filled to capacity with urine.....and that other stuff :oops: . That's how good they are!

Security

This basically means that i want the setup to be inescapable and able to work flawlessly for up to 10 hours. I like to pretend that SB as a form of punishment where i get sentenced to serve a certain amount of time, and that this verdict is NON NEGOTIABLE. As mentioned in my previous post, this means that i don't use a emergency release method, because if i could simply walk out of the restraints as soon as i got bored, then the entire concept of SB will be meaningless to me.

This means that the restraints have to fulfil these criteria:

- All parts of my body have to be securely locked down, preventing any useful movement
- The restraints have to endure huge physical force without breaking
- The restraints have to be locked in such a way that its impossible to open or remove them without a key
- The restraints have to be able to withstand all genuine attempts of escape.

When strapped down i regularly have moments where i actually regret locking myself down in the first place and my desire for freedom only grows bigger.
(I usually get these emotions just after ejaculating... :lol: ..Thank you Lord Creator for blessing us guys with the refractory period. Am i envious of women because they can experience multiple orgasms?! :twisted: Not at all....okay...maybe a little :whip: )

My mind soon gets filled with emotions like boredom and doubt, However this is part of the fun since these emotions only motivates me when i try to escape. And the attempts i make to break free are really genuine. Even though i have never managed to break free from the Segufix belts, every time i somehow manage to fool myself into believing that THIS TIME it will be different and i will be able get loose if i can just muster enough force or flexibility. I have literally spent hours at a time ceaselessly trying to figure out plans of escape, either by attempting to pull myself out the belts, or ripping them apart with brute physical force.

And when every plan fails and i am simply to exhausted to fight on, i have no other option than to give up and just lie there with a blank stare and accept defeat. realizing that i am truly stuck and wont be released until the ice lock releases me. And despite all this struggle i achieved nothing. I am exactly were i started, strapped to the bed with all my limbs still firmly restrained. I didn't even manage to open a single lock or loosen a single belt.

At this point my emotions can best be described as a mix between disappointment, sorrow, anger and frustration. These are all negative emotions by themselves, however in order to truly experience the euphoric highs that come with SB, one must also accept the lows. And that is why SB for me is a roller-coaster between the highs and the lows.

Safety

This is the most important factor and i cannot stress this enough. SB with no emergency release is extreme enough by itself, but that does not mean i don't care about safety. Its true that as soon as i am strapped down, and the last lock clicks in place i will be truly helpless for the entire duration of the session. And if something unexpected should occur, well then it will be to late to even care about safety measures. However i actually feel that my current setup is safe, and i wouldn't be enjoying SB if it wasn't

I've written a post about this earlier (see post history), but i can make a quick summary here:
- I always use 2 ice locks that are daisy chained, so there is practically zero risk of release method failure
- I only use professional equipment, like Segufix because the belts are designed to fit perfectly around my body. Essentially eliminating the risk of strangulation
- And mainly, the biggest safety risk is actually myself and my own behaviour. By this i mean that when i make all these foolish escape attempts, there is quite a bit of bouncing and wiggling around. And if i for example had used inferior restraints like ropes or chains. Its actually a risk that i would only get entangled even further and accidentally get a rope around my neck. Yes, this have actually happened in the past, fortunately i was still able to breathe and later able remove the rope. I don't think i was in any real danger, however this episode made me really think about the dangers of strangulation. I have also had incidents where i accidentally smacked my head into the wall, but that was because i was only partially restrained at the time

This may sound ironic, but i will actually argue that its safer to be properly restrained in such a way that movement and escape is impossible!

Or in other words:
THE RESTRAINTS HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT ME AGAINST MYSELF WHEN I DO STUPID SHIT!!!!

When restrained in Segufix i can pretty much do whatever i want without the risk of injury. As mentioned the belts are designed to perfectly fit around my body, so strangulation is impossible. And since i have so little freedom of movement i can bounce from left to right, up and down. And do all sorts of misbehaving in general without any harm, and i absolutely love the feeling i get when the belts act as a soft and gentle cushion protecting me from injury.

Again, this was i fairly long post. Writing short texts is a skill i never learned :rofl:
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

That was an interesting read Sandman, thanks for posting it. Don't worry about it being long, I don't think it was TOO long :hi:

What Segufix stuff are you using and what is your normal position, just flat on your back? I've been contemplating buying the basic full set (Waistbelt with crotch strap, thigh belts, ankle strap with cuffs, wrist cuffs, chest/shoulder harness with additional straps to the top of the bed and the head restraint) but haven't been able to give myself the mental OK to drop 1k Euros on bondage equipment. It would be by far my single most expensive purchase.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Interesting read sandman. I did read all of it. But one thing I totally agree with, is that it is safer to be tied more restrictively! I once slept with just hands behind my back with quick release leather cuffs and basically lost all circulation in my hand (was purple and had zero sensation) , because I had rolled over and put pressure on the wrong spot (body weight on arm) . But I have also slept in a hogtie successfully because I cannot roll over and hurt myself
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Gregovic wrote:That was an interesting read Sandman, thanks for posting it. Don't worry about it being long, I don't think it was TOO long :hi:

What Segufix stuff are you using and what is your normal position, just flat on your back? I've been contemplating buying the basic full set (Waistbelt with crotch strap, thigh belts, ankle strap with cuffs, wrist cuffs, chest/shoulder harness with additional straps to the top of the bed and the head restraint) but haven't been able to give myself the mental OK to drop 1k Euros on bondage equipment. It would be by far my single most expensive purchase.
I use a full set. (feet, thighs, wrists, waist belt with crotch strap, shoulders, and the shoulder additional belts).
The only belt i don't have is the head belt. I am a bit sceptical about having a belt around my head/neck, because i don't know how safe it is when it comes to the risk of strangulation. I prefer using a pair of locking leather wrist restraints from Humane Restraint. Because these are more comfortable to wear. And also a lot easier to connect to the ice locks

I just lie flat on my back. Easy and simple :D

AllieXBow: Thanks for sharing your experience, i hope your hand is all good :D
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

I'm not one for the sex slave or anything. I have nothing against anyone against with your own fantasies....you do what makes you feel happy, we all are different and have opinions that's what makes discussions fun, entertaining and a very good learning experience 8) .

But its the nervousness, excitement and just the thought of being completely helpless.

I would like to imagine that some woman who just likes to tie people for fun though is shoving a gag in my mouth and putting tape over it for their enjoyment while after they are done with their work of rigging me for a challenge. Obviously i can't think of any safe ways throughout the process to add certain things like making my toes or fingers completely helpless and adding a blindfold mid bound. But, I can always just try something different on a new session and continue the story from there maybe once i get more practice in.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.