Another idea for overnight bondage

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Selfsub

Another idea for overnight bondage

Post by Selfsub »

If you are knowledgeable on electric devices you probably have thought about using electromagnetic door locks with a timer as your release.
If you replace the timer with a simple day/night switch it would keep the magnet locked untill the sun comes up.
Or as a backup to a timer as a timer can fail so its recogmended to use 2 timers in series always.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Another idea for overnight bondage

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Is there any way to exploit a night light with a light load sensor that switches it on when it is dark, and off when it sees light?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Is there any way to exploit a night light with a light load sensor that switches it on when it is dark, and off when it sees light?
Yes, I did it with a Arduino, a LDR, a variable resistor and an electromagnet. When the sun comes up, the light sensor activated the Arduino so the electromagnet let the key fall on the ground. The key was tied with a string so it wouldn't get lost.

You can do it also with a transistor: The second scheme, but with a 10K adjustable resistor instead of a fixed resistor of 10K and the 6V electromagnet instead of the lamp.
The first scheme, where the 10 K resistor is swapped with the LDR, works the other way around: the magnet is activated when it is light.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

OK, but everyone, remember, the night light turns off when light is applied, and on when dark.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:OK, but everyone, remember, the night light turns off when light is applied, and on when dark.
Very correctly noted. Therefore, place it away from the street lamps and test it several times by adjusting the variable resistance: not that you will not come loose because it is too dark because it rains all day. :facepalm: