Locking bridal gag help.

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bounddosster

Locking bridal gag help.

Post by bounddosster »

I was unsure if this was DIY or discussion so I went for here.
With past mentions of the idea I thought I'd make a lockable bridle gag to help kick start my new diet regime. The idea is to aid fasting, I'm OK limiting food when the wife is about as I'll get moaned at if I overindulge but as they say “when the cat's away” so I need help in restricting intake while alone. My usual eating routine would be once my wife has gone to work, have breakfast often to bigger portion and then probably snack on something during the morning (naughty). The wife is back for lunch at 2 pm. This is a five-day routine.

The idea would be to fit a locking bridal gag once alone and before eating anything. Have the key released by the clock hands method, until I get a kitchen safe, just before getting my wife home. An emergency key could be kept out by the front path where I wouldn't want to venture wearing a gag. Also thinking of re-enforcing that with some form of forced nudity, bondage preventing dress but still allowing chore to be done and computer use.

My problem doing this apart from running the risk of visitors which is low but not impossible is what to make the bit of the gag from. The basic idea is to have a bit rod with a ring on either end, a chain it attached to one ring, and then goes around the back of the head and locking on to the other ring. My problem is though what to safely make the rod from.
I thought wood, but it might splinter Metal but it could damage teeth so I thought it would have to be made from plastic but some plastics are not good to ingest.

Does anyone know a safe type of plastic or another martial which could be used or any general ideas about this?
Btw, my wife is kinky but this would be beyond her limits so it is a self-bondage adventure, and because of having asthma it has to be a bridal design for safety.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Gregovic

Re: Locking bridal gag help.

Post by Gregovic »

If I understand correctly you're basically looking for what some would call a bit gag (as in: horse bit)? You can buy silicone bit gags pretty cheaply and just adjust those to a form of your liking (direct from china example, I've seen them sold on amazon as well). They also sell rubber bits for ponys that should be suitable for humans as well (example)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gregovic wrote:If I understand correctly you're basically looking for what some would call a bit gag (as in: horse bit)? You can buy silicone bit gags pretty cheaply and just adjust those to a form of your liking (direct from china example, I've seen them sold on amazon as well). They also sell rubber bits for ponys that should be suitable for humans as well (example)
That's the style I'm after but not rubber as it could be cut too easy and I just know that is what I will do :).

I like the idea of metal/stainless steel for security but it would have to be covered in something and I don't know what is freely available and ingestion safe.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

The cheap chinese ones of silicone would be easy to modify yourself if need be. You could just put a leather or stainless strap on it.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

You can buy a cheap big bit gag, pierce the middle in the length and put a steel bar through it, which you connect at both ends with a chain and padlock it behind your head. That way you have a bar that is safe for your health and teeth that you cannot easily cut. You can use the timer padlock that sets you free at 10 minutes before your wife gets home. In an emergency (unexpected visit) you can escape 3 times by pressing the hour and minute buttons simultaneously.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:You can buy a cheap big bit gag, pierce the middle in the length and put a steel bar through it, which you connect at both ends with a chain and padlock it behind your head. That way you have a bar that is safe for your health and teeth that you cannot easily cut. You can use the timer padlock that sets you free at 10 minutes before your wife gets home. In an emergency (unexpected visit) you can escape 3 times by pressing the hour and minute buttons simultaneously.
I feel really dumb now, that is such a simple solution but the emergency release on the timer padlock is too simple and I'd use it without there being an emergency. Unexpected visitors would have to be dealt with by hiding providing I spotted them first that is.

However, I have hit upon another problem with the chain. My chores were done so I spent this afternoon in my workshop working on a clock release for viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13527 and the bridal gag. My wife was sleeping on the sofa, it was raining hard and there was little chance of her coming out to the workshop so I decided to add fun by removing an item of clothing every time I dropped something or made a mistake, then being punished by having to remain naked 30mins for each drop/mistake. I was soon naked and earned three hours of punishment time.

I had made an experimental gag by using a piece of stainless steel 8mm diameter and drilling a hole in each end then fitting a chain to each end. I decided to test it out while working on the clock release so I locked the gag in place and was pleased with the fit, there was no way to get it off without the key. I happily worked on then after an hour gaged and wanting to go in the house I removed the gag and then looked in the mirror, I had deep chain marks from one side of my mouth, across my cheeks, and around my neck. WHOOPS!!!!!!!!

I couldn't go in the house like this so I was forced to stay another hour and a half in the workshop occasionally rubbing my cheeks and neck to help remove the chain marks. Still, I had the chance to really test the clock and also getting a cupboard altered and hung.

So there is another problem, I'd have to release too early to allow for the marks to go. Now I'm thinking about straps but they could be cut, the only way to combat that I think is to have my wrists chained to a waist chain or ankle chains so stopping me from being able to reach the gag, unless someone can think of something different.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

stitch leather straps over hose clamps. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12023#p86386
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:stitch leather straps over hose clamps. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12023#p86386
I'd need one big clamp to get over my head or am I thinking this wrong.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I think a leather strap would be sufficient. If you're really worried about you cutting it you could cover a steel cable in leather (or multiple steel cables) to prevent that. I think in the long run chain runs the risk of getting caught in hair and such too which would probably make it quite uncomfortable for long wear.

No matter what design you choose though, there's a good chance that if you strap it on tight enough to not be able to remove the bridle gag from your mouth, it's going to leave marks on at least the corners of your mouth anyway.

Also, have you considered how you will drink while wearing this gag?
Shannon SteelSlave

Mine was really just a sort of spring board to generate :idea: . That gag is something I use for punishment, rarely. I thought it might help to see it.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gregovic wrote:I think a leather strap would be sufficient. If you're really worried about you cutting it you could cover a steel cable in leather (or multiple steel cables) to prevent that. I think in the long run chain runs the risk of getting caught in hair and such too which would probably make it quite uncomfortable for long wear.

No matter what design you choose though, there's a good chance that if you strap it on tight enough to not be able to remove the bridle gag from your mouth, it's going to leave marks on at least the corners of your mouth anyway.

Also, have you considered how you will drink while wearing this gag?
Sooner or later I certainly would be cutting the straps if I could. I agree with the marking issue, seems there will be some whatever, I'm now thinking along the lines of wide leather straps with chain or cable through or covering the chains in a protective plastic covering like auto cables are run through. As for the hair problem, I don't have that much to worry about :rofl: .

I did look into the drinking issue when I had the gag fitted I could drink from a cup, it was awkward and might get messy but it was doable but I think though for safety I would reframe from trying to drink while gagged after all most drinks contain calories. As far as dehydration is concerned I can drink plenty before gagging and that should last seven hours as that would be the maximum time spent locked in the gag.

I guess this might all seem a little drastic to some but I really have to lose some weight for my health, not that I super fat. Currently 15st 4lbs, 214lbs, or 97kg depending on which part of the world you are from. After seeing the doctor I had a shock, I'm borderline for diabetes type 2 so the weight must come off, I'm told I should be around 12st 8lb, 177lb, 80kg, OMG I'm fat, that is quite a bit of weight to lose so drastic measure are needed as my will power and self-discipline is poor, OK, very poor, so help is needed.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Mine was really just a sort of spring board to generate :idea: . That gag is something I use for punishment, rarely. I thought it might help to see it.
Everything helps, thanks for the thought.
Shannon SteelSlave

In case you get thirsty, maybe you could drink through this gag. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124697769324
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:In case you get thirsty, maybe you could drink through this gag. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124697769324
I could liquidise a cake and get it through there. :)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:
kinbaku wrote:You can buy a cheap big bit gag, pierce the middle in the length and put a steel bar through it, which you connect at both ends with a chain and padlock it behind your head. That way you have a bar that is safe for your health and teeth that you cannot easily cut. You can use the timer padlock that sets you free at 10 minutes before your wife gets home. In an emergency (unexpected visit) you can escape 3 times by pressing the hour and minute buttons simultaneously.
... but the emergency release on the timer padlock is too simple and I'd use it without there being an emergency. Unexpected visitors would have to be dealt with by hiding providing I spotted them first that is.
You can only do it 3 times. If you do not want this, you can do it first 3 times, then the possibility no longer exists.
I have used sometimes round pipe insulation for the chain.
Pipeisolation.jpg
Pipeisolation.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
You could use a thin straw for drinking. It is more difficult to suck through than a thick liquid cake. :mrgreen: