electro play

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bound_bert

electro play

Post by bound_bert »

I had a thought the other day, and so I took the anal intruder cock ring (link below) and wrapped the cock ring part in electrical tape; the idea was to make it so the electricity would flow through the sound in the middle of the cock cage. Just use normal TINS pads - wrap one around the metal pole that holds the anal ball, stick the other right on top of the metal cock cage. You can see it mostly in action there. I can report - it does work! Gives a nice sensation across the penis - for me, turning the little 9 volt battery TINS up to half strength gives a delightful feel - I think if I were to put myself in bondage for an hour or so and crank that up to about 6, things might be deliciously painful .... :gag:

Have fun! ;)
20210513_091840.jpg
20210513_094555 - Copy.jpg
Anal Intruder - https://www.extremerestraints.com/stain ... -ring.html

Edit - thank you bound-jenny for blurring the "bits" - my apologies. I didn't think about it.
Last edited by bound_bert on 19 May 2021, 17:59, edited 2 times in total.
KinkInSpace

Re: electro play

Post by KinkInSpace »

The use of duct tape won't stop electricity flowing through the metal itself and only isolate such that the estim isn't also felt on the ring and whatever you taped.

This essentially means that if it was truly closed off, the estim would be 10 times more powerful.

This is still not too bad, but lots of estim is wasted because it simply flows through the metal itself, and honestly, when all the electricity goes through your penis, and you keep the intensity lower, that is when the true fun starts because estim is something you get used to and such you can start cranking it up little by little without much harm. In this case, you will not be able to go beyond the max your box offers without reaching your own limit.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_bert

Post by bound_bert »

Slave-L, I'm pretty sure that electric tape is a good insulator, hence why it is used for things like wrapping wire nuts. You are certainly correct that electricity will flow through the taped ring - it will encounter slight resistance from the tape, causing a small amount of heat (undetectable in my experience), but that's all. The ring for the cage definitely transmits electricity - and it's kind of nice :twisted:

I'm sure something designed for penile electrification would work better - I just had all the parts so I gave it a try. :gag:
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

"lots of estim is wasted because it simply flows through the metal itself" This isn't the case. The metal of the cage will present very low resistance... it's like a length of thick wire, which is not wasting anything. The only thing that actually matters here is the surface area acting as an electrode, in contact with the skin. Less area in contact makes a given input feel more intense, all else held constant.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I guess I'm not good at explaining myself.

What I mean is that the electricity can flow through the metal just as much as the body itself, and electricity tends to choose the path of the least resistance, so it will choose to flow through the metal itself just as much as the body, so the estim feeling is reduced because there is simply less estim going through the body, essentially "wasting" the estim because it now flows through the metal itself. The insulating tape will insulate the estim against touching the body, but not stop the estim from flowing through the metal itself.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

My mistake here... I hadn't really looked at the setup, and thus didn't realize that BOTH pads were on one continuous piece of metal. This is actually quite a bad idea, as many power boxes will not play nicely with a short between the two poles of output. It's true that you're really only getting incidentally shocked. Metal plug + silicone sparkler would be more typical, (and better for your power box).