Forced Learning: Locked in my room - Relase method?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
abc12345

Forced Learning: Locked in my room - Relase method?

Post by abc12345 »

Hello everybody,
On tuesday I am writing an important test. Unfortunately I can't motivate myself to learn.
So I thought I lock myself in a room without any devices, so the only thing to do is learn.
But for that scenario I need a method to get out of it after some time.
Does anyone know a good method for this?
JIMDINI

Re: Forced Learning: Locked in my room - Relase method?

Post by JIMDINI »

Try old fashioned ice release if you have a spare key for your room. Freeze the spare key in the middle of a large bowl (freeze half full then place key fill to top and freeze), then place this inside your room when you start studying, lock the door and post the key out under the door out of reach. Now your locked in until the ice melts, depending on the size of the bowl, probably for many hours.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Do a test first how long it takes. For a reasonable bowl of ice, depending on the temperature, it may take a while before you touch the key. You can then half fill a similar bowl with water and freeze it at the same time. If you then put the key in the middle and fill and freeze the bowl completely, the key is completely in the middle and the ice must melt completely before you can free the key.

In any case, go to the toilet beforehand. Learning with a tense bladder is not pleasant. :mrgreen:
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Probably too late for this test unless you have Amazon Prime where you live but a timer padlock would be an ideal solution. Alternatively if you have a friend who'd understand get a combination padlock and set the combination in a Skype or Zoom call where only they can see the combination which they'll send you at the agreed time. You'll also need some chain to attach your ankle to a radiator or something. And following on from kinbaku's point, have within reach some food, water and a container to use as a toilet.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sergio wrote:Probably too late for this test unless you have Amazon Prime where you live but a timer padlock would be an ideal solution.
See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13393 for a good discussion about the new timer padlocks. :hi:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, ABC.
This reminds me of an episode of "Malcolm in the Middle". The kid had to have everything removed from the room, because he was distracted by literally anything. I think he ended up with nothing but the book, no clothes or furniture. Maybe lock up your clothes in a box with a lock you can not open until time is up and freeze the keys. Better than locking the door and creating a fire hazard or being completely unable to allow help to get to you in an emergency. If there is a problem, at least you can leave the room, naked, afraid, but alive.
Failing that, since this does not sound bondage related, is it possible to have a human lock the door from the outside to serve as a sort of "warden" to enforce studying?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

abc12345 wrote:Hello everybody,
On tuesday I am writing an important test. Unfortunately I can't motivate myself to learn.
So I thought I lock myself in a room without any devices, so the only thing to do is learn.
But for that scenario I need a method to get out of it after some time.
Does anyone know a good method for this?
I hope your lockup worked and the test went well. If so, you might want to make it your normal way to study.

I have always been interested in the idea of bondage to help get something done. I’m thinking of things like exercise, a household chore or learning. If it is to be used frequently I found it useful to have a kit ready to use. You also need a simple and reliable emergency release. I used to do all the ironing that way. It is a household chore that does not involve moving around. I had a chain the right length to give just enough freedom. I used to wrap my favourite cycling jersey round a heating pipe then pass a chain up one sleeve and down the other (not round the pipe), then lock it back to itself. The other end attached to the leg irons in my avatar (and the leg irons attached to me :) ). A good pair of scissors was part of the kit, so I could cut myself free in an emergency (at the cost of the cycling jersey).

As for the timer, you might be interested in this thread and my post in it. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12198&hilit=computer . A plug in timer and an electromagnet would work, as would the timer lock suggested by Sergio. If you use that, have a method of charging the lock to hand in case it does not unlock due to a flat battery. For me, the random nature of an ice lock could be fun, but for regular use I think some sort of timer is more suitable. So that you can lock yourself quickly and without mistakes, have the settings such as chain lengths and cuff sizes preset if possible. That way you don’t find you have made something too tight or too loose. If you need things which cannot be kept in a kit, such as drink, food, make a check list so you can get set up quickly and not forget anything. Another thing to think about is whether you want to be able to see how much longer you have to remain locked or whether you want the timer hidden. The computer arrangement in my system was not good for complexity but it did allow me to select some interesting features.

You might also be interested in a couple of my forced exercise scenarios. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9027&p=64607&hilit=swimming#p64607 and viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7783&p=56012&hilit= ... ers#p56012