Release oversight.

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bounddosster

Release oversight.

Post by bounddosster »

Last week I was chatting with a long-time on-line self-bondage friend, lets call him Bill, about deterring the use of your backup release. He told me something that happened to him that may amuse some of you and act as a warning to others. He knows I'm on here and occasionally lurks himself and has given me the OK to tell the tale.

Bill uses a small safe to put his unlock keys in, He had one safe key that he used each time he played and his backup safe key which he deterred himself from using by sealing inside two £20 notes. The idea being that to get to the key he has to destroy £40 in notes.

I know what your thinking and so was I you could just send the damaged notes to the bank of England but according to Bill and I haven't checked this fact, the banks will not exchange the money unless at least one of the serial numbers is readable. So what he does is put the notes back to back so the serial numbers are on the inside and he ensures the glue is applied at least one inch all the way around one note well covering the serial numbers then with the key in the unglued middle the other note is placed on top and the notes become one with the key sealed inside. The key can be recovered by soaking the banknotes in acetone and Bill doesn't have any acetone and would have to purchase it so the only way to retrieve the key is to tear open the notes.

So here is the funny bit, in the UK we had a paper £20 up until recently when they started using polymer notes which are much tougher. Bill replaced the notes on his spare safe key with the new notes and never thought any more about it. Until a couple of weeks ago when he found himself with his hands cuffed behind his back and needing the spare key as his normally used safe key didn't release properly from his laptop CD tray which was on top of the wardrobe.

Not to worry though Bill I have the spare it will cost me £40 but at least I'll be free. On recovering the banknote sealed key he found out just how tough these new banknotes are, as he couldn't tear them open easily, he said it took him over an hour wrestling with the notes and having to rest from exhaustion before the key finally worked its way out enough to be used. After Bill was free he put all his gear away and threw the two stuck £20 notes into the boiler.

Now for those that have followed this closely you may have spotted something. Why didn't Bill soak what remained of the banknotes in acetone and exchange them? I asked him that question and his response was totally unprintable even here.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Release oversight.

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Thank you for not quoting Bill's response. It is a family forum after all.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the new plastic notes are actually resistant to acetone the way the old paper bills were. Acetone dissolves a lot of plastics so there is a good chance they'd go all goopy if you put acetone on them.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Thank you for not quoting Bill's response. It is a family forum after all.
In that case, then I need to change my family filter setting.

I did feel a little guilty for spoiling Bill's illusion that his deterrent was foolproof but I couldn't help him with how to make it work better.
Shannon SteelSlave

Maybe use a razor blade or knife to slice through the serials?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Maybe use a razor blade or knife to slice through the serials?
Unless I've missed something I don't see how that would work, can you explain a bit more Shannon?
Shannon SteelSlave

If using a safe, a knife that can fit between the door and frame to slice the $$. Or any other kind of trap that slicing through $$ is the only instant release, to avoid this, you would either have to satisfy the time, tasks, or 2nd human release method that was originally planned.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:If using a safe, a knife that can fit between the door and frame to slice the $$. Or any other kind of trap that slicing through $$ is the only instant release, to avoid this, you would either have to satisfy the time, tasks, or 2nd human release method that was originally planned.
It would be rather complicated to hit both serial numbers but I see where you're going. I think the answer lays in the serious destruction of the notes to get at the spare key.
GreenwichMistress

Post by GreenwichMistress »

Bill is the hero we need, but dont deserve right now. We're smarter today because Bill paved the way for us. Not all heroes wear cuffs, but ours sure did.

But also, perhaps Bill might want to invest a little more into a Kitchen Safe. Instead of ruining 40 each time, all he has to do is burn some time. And it's reusable. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kSafe-Locking- ... B00ZDAZFCU
Shannon SteelSlave

Come to think of it, Batman would be a good reliable release. If you can afford a bat light.
Now Spider-Man on the other hand, has a philosophy. "Everyone gets one". So save that for a real BIG mistake before calling him.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

GreenwichMistress wrote: perhaps Bill might want to invest a little more into a Kitchen Safe. Instead of ruining 40 each time, all he has to do is burn some time. And it's reusable. :)
We discussed the kitchen safe, I don't have one but after our chat, I have decided to get one for myself. Bill isn't keen he thinks he could break into it and it wouldn't be a good enough deterrent, He really wants a deterrent that would cost him money if he used it. I think he is perhaps really tight with money(sorry Bill, if your lurking) and would hate to see it wasted so it acts as a really good deterrent. It would certainly work for me I know, I'd try everything sooner than be out financially so I can see where he is coming from, and as interesting as it sounds I think I'll stick with less costly ideas but to each there own.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

bounddosster wrote:
GreenwichMistress wrote: perhaps Bill might want to invest a little more into a Kitchen Safe. Instead of ruining 40 each time, all he has to do is burn some time. And it's reusable. :)
We discussed the kitchen safe, I don't have one but after our chat, I have decided to get one for myself. Bill isn't keen he thinks he could break into it and it wouldn't be a good enough deterrent, He really wants a deterrent that would cost him money if he used it. I think he is perhaps really tight with money(sorry Bill, if your lurking) and would hate to see it wasted so it acts as a really good deterrent. It would certainly work for me I know, I'd try everything sooner than be out financially so I can see where he is coming from, and as interesting as it sounds I think I'll stick with less costly ideas but to each there own.
If Bill IS reading this, I would say that while I'm pretty talented in getting into things, i haven't been able to shim or jimmy or hack my way into the kitchen safe in any way that wouldn't break it permanently. So he'd have to break the base and buy a new one any time he wants the keys before the timer runs out (If you can even get one, as all sizes of spare base seem to be sold out in the EU right now for instance).
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*