DG-Lab experiences

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Bound Whore

Re: DG-Lab experiences

Post by Bound Whore »

Yeah, thanks JohnEs, that sounds promising. Did you get the basic kit for ~80 or the big one with the two plugs, penis rings and the (ughhhhh :shock: ) urethra stick?

Or did anyone, for that matter? I'd be interested to know more about the build quality of the plugs in particular, since I once ordered a different one randomly from Ali and it was complete and utter plastic trash.
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Bound Whore wrote:Or did anyone, for that matter? I'd be interested to know more about the build quality of the plugs in particular, since I once ordered a different one randomly from Ali and it was complete and utter plastic trash.
For the first DG-lab I bought the complete set from AlieExpress viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346#p98072, only the anal plug was damaged. I was told by the supplier which superglue I could use to repair it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346&start=90#p99812.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

Most recent update on xtoys

- v4.7
- Added support for having DG-Lab Coyote frequency match System Audio frequency
JohnEs

Post by JohnEs »

Bound Whore wrote:Yeah, thanks JohnEs, that sounds promising. Did you get the basic kit for ~80 or the big one with the two plugs, penis rings and the (ughhhhh :shock: ) urethra stick?
I ordered the basic package, because it is my first E-STIM and I'm currently not planning to use the items from the advanced set. Well, at least not the "insertables". Due to free shipping above 100USD I ordered two silicone loops and one additional pair of electric pads. This results in 103USD and free shipping, compared to 108USD with just the basic package and shipping. I paid with PayPal in USD to get a better conversation rate (my credit card uses actual conversation rates without additional fees).

I really have to thank kinbaku and kinkInSpace (and all other who replied in this topic) for their ground work! All the collected information and web teases are amazing!

About the penis silicone loops: I insulated one loop in the middle with a shrinking tube. This does improve the stimulation when this loop is used at the base of the cock (See https://www.sexmachinereviews.co.uk/ website for info). I also ordered the straps with a metal plate mentioned here in this topic because the silicone loops do have a (for me) surprisingly high resistance (500Ohm).

About audio input to the DG-Labs App: For webteases or programs like CD Tray Opener I developed a setup to connect a Computer or other audio setup to the phone. I used a normal TRS Audio Cable (Audio L&R) and a USB A Audio Card
The external USB Audio Card has an Microphone only Input to which I connected the Audio Cable from the computer. Then used a USB-C to USB-A OTG cable to connect the Audio Card to my phone. The DG-Lab App recognizes the left audio channel (restriction of the Audio Card, most microphones are mono and not stereo) for both channels. To mitigates display timeouts (disables DG-Lab Microphone input on my phone) I used the App Screen Alive.

For the web teases I'm normally using an computer volume around 5-10. This can cause 100% strength if a 100% audio file is played.

I also tried a normal AUX / TRRS Y Adapter (splits TRRS Audio + Mic into Audio and Mic only) to use my headphone port, but the right audio channel causes weired triggering of the volume settings on my phone.

Edit: Maybe interesting for the administrators / @anna: There is a DG-Labs affiliate program which seems to be easy to join and payout to paypal (10% commission). I would have used such a referral link if I had known prior ordering at their website. https://dungeon-lab.com/become-affiliate.html
Last edited by JohnEs on 06 May 2022, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

happyscope wrote:Most recent update on xtoys

- v4.7
- Added support for having DG-Lab Coyote frequency match System Audio frequency
Oh, that's great! Now my audio files probably work much better. Have to test that out. :)

I've asked them to fix fast scripted patterns though. Hopefully that is fixed next.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Bound Whore

Post by Bound Whore »

kinbaku wrote:only the anal plug was damaged. I was told by the supplier which superglue I could use to repair it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346&start=90#p99812.
Oh, that's unfortunate. Just so we're clear though, the plugs are made of metal, not plastic?
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Bound Whore wrote:Oh, that's unfortunate.
Although it was well packed, the butt plug had come apart during the insulation. Probably because it had just been placed in the wrong place and they had been quite rough during transport. But everything has been put back in order with that superglue.
Bound Whore wrote:Just so we're clear though, the plugs are made of metal, not plastic?
They are made of metal with just a small section in between that is from plastic as a insulation between the upper and lower section of the plug.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I tried all the settings with my new chastity connected to channel A of the DG-lab. :twisted:

I found the green one the most interesting, but the others were also interesting. For example, I initially thought the violet color was for a punishing if I needed it in the future, but after a while - once I got used to it - I also found it nice and stimulating.
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

I have noticed that some people insulate the top of the conductive ring around the gland of the penis. Why?
I am also open to other tips on conductive rubber tube placement.

Always learning.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you can post a picture, of just the ring and what they do with it, that would be helpful.

But as for understanding what this does from a technical point of view, here's my 2 cents.

When you use electricity for kink play, the following rule applies: the bigger the contact surface area is, the more electricity you need to produce a feeling. In addition, the more skin in a given area contacts the electified part, the less sharp the sensation becomes.

So if you purposely blocking contact points, you increase the punishment the object gives because there are fewer points of contacts, and thus less electricity is required to stimulate.

You can see it with the following example:

If you have a large water hose and you put a predetermined amount of water through it, the water will just casually flow through this hose.

If you now try to force the same amount of water through a much thinner hose, the water will accelerate out of the hose at much greater speed.

Similarly with electricity, smaller contact points does not mean less electricity. Instead it means, the same amount of electricity is transferred from the contact points to the skin, but because the cumulative area is much smaller, the power that the electricity goes through at the contact point feels bigger. Aka: smaller contact point equals more pain equals more pleasure.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

I see it in videos during online sessions I do not take stills for obvious reasons. Imagine a conductive loop that covers 360 degrees of the penis. now wrap 1/3 of the ring in tape and center the now nonconductive portion on the top of the penis. you may be right about the contact area I was curious as I have seen more than one person place tape in the same way.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

mtlsub wrote:I see it in videos during online sessions I do not take stills for obvious reasons. Imagine a conductive loop that covers 360 degrees of the penis. now wrap 1/3 of the ring in tape and center the now nonconductive portion on the top of the penis. you may be right about the contact area I was curious as I have seen more than one person place tape in the same way.
See also: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346&start=15#p98218. When you place the tape on different places (one below and one on the upper side), you can force the electricity to go trough the "object" :wink: instead of staying on the surface.
Last edited by kinbaku on 14 Jun 2022, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

mtlsub wrote:I am also open to other tips on conductive rubber tube placement.

Always learning.
Another kind of connection I've experimented with is the following (the DG-lab did get warm after a while, so I don't know if it's good for it and use it on your own risk):
Common_DGLab.jpg
Common_DGLab.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 767 times
You can insert a wire from channel A into one side of the rubber ring and into the other side of the ring a wire coming from channel B.
This ring then becomes the "common". It doesn't matter which side you choose: in the drawing the red and the blue, but it can also be two red or two blue sides that are joined in the common rubber ring.

You can then put the other wires in the other rubber ring or in a pad or in my case an elastic ring with metal contact.

Place this "common" rubber ring where you want the most stimulation: for example the glans of the penis or if you like ball stimming then you better place it there.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

kinbaku wrote:
mtlsub wrote:I am also open to other tips on conductive rubber tube placement.

Always learning.
Another kind of connection I've experimented with is the following (the DG-lab did get warm after a while, so I don't know if it's good for it and use it on your own risk):
Common_DGLab.jpg
You can insert a wire from channel A into one side of the rubber ring and into the other side of the ring a wire coming from channel B.
This ring then becomes the "common". It doesn't matter which side you choose: in the drawing the red and the blue, but it can also be two red or two blue sides that are joined in the common rubber ring.

You can then put the other wires in the other rubber ring or in a pad or in my case an elastic ring with metal contact.

Place this "common" rubber ring where you want the most stimulation: for example the glans of the penis or if you like ball stimming then you better place it there.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. You really should not do this. It will eventually damage your DG-Lab. You are basically feeding in electricity to a port that it doesn't expect and that also leads to the other port suddenly needing to create more electricity because it looses some and it doesn't know why.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:
kinbaku wrote:... (the DG-lab did get warm after a while, so I don't know if it's good for it and use it on your own risk)
Yeah, that's pretty bad. You really should not do this. It will eventually damage your DG-Lab. You are basically feeding in electricity to a port that it doesn't expect and that also leads to the other port suddenly needing to create more electricity because it looses some and it doesn't know why.
Thanks for the warning. That's why it's good to be on a forum like BoundAnna. :D
I found it somewhere on the internet as a simulation of a TriPhase stimulation like an Erostek ET312 and the E-stim Systems 2B can give.