DG-Lab experiences

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Blacky

Re: DG-Lab experiences

Post by Blacky »

Hi John,
I've ordered mine directly from DG-Labs and had it shipped to Germany. However I bought mine before the changes in tax handling took place, so I cannot share any experience with regard to that.
But I can share this:
I ordered the complete set (E-stim device, electrodes...) and paid via PayPal iirc.
The company shipped the bundle within two days, it took the parcel 5 days to make it from China to Frankfurt and past the customs. It was then obviously handed over to DHL. DHL managed to need 4 weeks to find they had lost the parcel.
Once DHL had officially admitted that the parcel was lost, DG-Labs sent a second parcel without any questioning or hesitation, within ONE day, and COMPLETELY at their own cost and got the parcel delivered in four days! They furthermore expressed their regret that THEY had messed up the initial shipment. They hadn't. DHL had, never heard anything from them, though.
So, what I can say is: DG had and most likely still has an incredibly customer-friendly support policy. I would buy from them, if I were to buy a second coyote.

Hope this helps.
The device itself is awesome, btw. :mrgreen:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, John
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

I caved and ordered one now I have a month of anticipation waiting for it :|
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

mtlsub wrote:I caved and ordered one now I have a month of anticipation waiting for it :|
Hopefully you get it earlier. I just enjoy it with xtoys.app with pattern "CruelMilkman-Vol5", started at 10% (strength 30 at maximum of 200) at channel A and B. Every 5 minutes I increased the strength by 10. Now I am at 110 (40%), but I think I stay there otherwise it is getting to painfull. :shock: :mrgreen:

I got it to 130 when I saw that the channel B was on 10 Hz. :shock: When I changed it to 100 Hz again, I got it to my maximum 200 for channel A and B.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The DG-LAB can do a range of 5hz to 500hz, although it does not recommend going to 500hz for a prolonged time or with a high intensity setting.

The DG-LAB app seems to have a better response though, which makes me think it actually does 500hz on its presets.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

Just in case anyone was looking for current shipping times. I ordered to Canada on the 21st and got it today the 28th. Way faster than I thought.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

mtlsub wrote:I caved and ordered one now I have a month of anticipation waiting for it :|
Don't you just love when that happens? Let the pleasure/pain begin!
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

kinbaku wrote:
Hopefully you get it earlier.
mtlsub wrote:I ordered to Canada on the 21st and got it today the 28th. Way faster than I thought.
Yay, my magic has worked. :rofl:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Enjoy. Let us know how you like it.

You have 3 different modes to try out. :)

1. Just the device, no app controlled.
2. Using the DG-LAB app
3. Using xtoys.app. :)

Depending on what you want each has their pro's and cons. Although you often hear me talk about the xtoys.app, there are things the dg-lab can do better. For example, you can't get short needle-prick like shocks with the xtoys.app, but you can with the dg-lab one. Not sure if that is a bug or not, have not have had time to contact them yet about it, but if that get sorted eventually, I will have a great rimba/zeus pattern to add. The multi strokes one of the 2 channel digital unit, which is my favorite pattern from that unit. Awesome on the penis.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:The multi strokes one of the 2 channel digital unit, which is my favorite pattern from that unit. Awesome on the penis.
And when you let it go with too much strength, an orgasm is inevitable. :shock: :rofl:
So watch that you let everything go gently and so gradually go to the strength that you like. :wink:

DG-lab can offer more strength than you can handle yourself. When I go to the internet with xtoys.app, I always set the maximum value to 200 because 180 is normally my maximum on my penis (so they can punish me by giving me a strength of 200 :whip: :mrgreen: ). For my nipples, I don't risk letting someone else serve me on the internet. :facepalm:
Bound Whore

Post by Bound Whore »

Has anyone here ordered from DG directly since the EU customs reform went into effect?

I contacted them and asked about how they handle VAT declarations from their end and also if their device is CE certified (European safety norm for electronic gadgets, devices not certified are subject to seizure by customs if opened and inspected).

From their answer I gathered that they do not declare the full value of the shipment on their declaration to keep custom fees at a minimum.
If customs get suspicious, they will withhold the shipment and I'd have to come down to the customs office, have the parcel opened in front of me and I'd have to explain what's inside or provide the invoice send to me so they can determine the correct customs item code and shipment value ... and yeah, I'd rather not need to do that ... :roll:

Or should I just roll the dice on a random AliExpress vendor?
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
JohnEs

Post by JohnEs »

Bound Whore wrote:Has anyone here ordered from DG directly since the EU customs reform went into effect?
I ordered one on the 23rd of April and I'm waiting for delivery (currently on plane). I also wrote to them and they ensured me that they have experience in shipping to the EU (Germany). Well, we will see. The package will be delivered with DHL in Germany. So if there are VAT issues, I hope they will collect it upon delivery (6€ fee+VAT). Due to the lower declared price, it would be still cheaper than AliExpress (for the basic DG Labs).

I looked around AliExpress too, but all sellers I found were significantly more expensive (except one with bad reviews/scam warning in reviews).
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The unit is more expensive on AliExpress, but if you wait for a sale on AliExpress, you can get it way cheaper. I got mine for around 80 euros.

Here in the Netherlands, if a package is held by customs, Customs will open it to see what's inside and close it back. It is then shipped to the postal service with a notice on how much you have to pay. You go to the postal office to collect your package and either you pay them the amount and get the package, or you decline the package and it is sent back. In both cases, the postal office does not open the package in front of you.

Not sure how that is in Germany, but that's how it is here in the Netherlands.

But if it were the case, I would just tell them its a medical device used to treat chronical pain. It can be used for it, given that most estim powerboxes on AliExpress are labeled as such and even have included documentation on where to place electrodes to treat what kind of illness.

So any TENS unit is basically a medical device. The DG-LAB one has features that help complex treating programs and the ability to download new programs for new conditions of even better programs. It is a true and convincing story you can tell people and not even lie.

In any case, I've ordered so many things now from AliExpress that here are a few tips:
- If your purchase price is below the import tax range, you never have to pay extra. For NL that is 150 euro. So as long as what I buy is below 150 euro, I know that I won't have to pay extra. The price will be higher but VAT is included as stated on AliExpress. I found that to not make the price much higher, so you don't really have to pay a lot more now. Only if you go above that import threshold, you have to pay import duties, which is a percentage of the price, so you want to avoid that.
- There's a good shipment monitoring going around for these shipments. If the time runs out or you received something different, as long as you can provide proof, for example a photo you make of the package with what you received, you will get your money back and not have to send back the goods.
- It will give you a delay but it won't cost you any money.
- If anything goes wrong, you can contact customer support. From all my contacts, which have been over 10 times now, I only once had a person on the other end that did not know what they were doing. Easy to spot as they say things that are just not right. I contacted them and they said: there's already a case. Solved it by asking for a transfer to another agent.
- There is a bot though. Ask 3 different questions and you will be asked if you want to be transferred to an agent. When talking to a agent, they may ask for the order number. Ask them to send you a selection box. You then get a list of all your purchases and you can just select the order affected.

I find ordering from AliExpress very safe. The only time I lost money was because I was doing something stupid. There was a bit of software that I really wanted but is likely illegal anyway. I chosen to buy it. I then had to pay, but AliExpress refused me to pay. Seller asked me to pay through paypal outside of AliExpress. I did so. He did sent me a link to a torrent which they claimed was theirs. I did download the software. It were 2 different pieces of software. One was working, the other was not. No way to get my money back as it was not through AliExpress's pay system. Lesson learned.
JohnEs

Post by JohnEs »

I received my Coyote Basic package today from DG Labs after around 10 days (China => EU/Germany). The plane landed in Belgium and due to the speed and labelling on the package I guess it never saw a customs officer. The package was delivered by DHL and had an national DHL label. They relabeled it upon arriving in Germany/Belgium. The address on the DHL label was a local company called Worldtech (client) GmbH based in the near of Frankfurt. I did not have to pay any taxes or VAT.

The DG-Labs Box was properly protected in another parcel and then wrapped in plain white plastic. The DG-Labs Box has CE and RoHS labels.

So far one of my fastest shipments from China to EU (8 business days).

FYI: You can enter you DHL/Post number in the second address line in paypal and the package will appear shortly after shipment in the DHL App. Then you can reroute or delay the delivery if needed.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Thanks for the information, JohnEs (and of course also thanks to KinkInSpace for the information about AliExpress :wink: ), and have fun with your DG-lab. :)