DG-Lab experiences

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Gregovic

Re: DG-Lab experiences

Post by Gregovic »

Both those units were designed with that use in mind. It MIGHT work in the DG-lab if you know the exact polarity of each channel, but there's a good chance the DG-labs circuit design doesn't have good protection or design to be used in that way. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:Both those units were designed with that use in mind. It MIGHT work in the DG-lab if you know the exact polarity of each channel, but there's a good chance the DG-labs circuit design doesn't have good protection or design to be used in that way. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Thanks Gregovic. :hi:
These two from BoundAnna have more experience in electronics than me, so I would definitely heed their comments and not use the above circuit.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'm not an engineer on the DG-Lab Coyote, but the fact that your unit became warm is a clear indication that it was struggling. It must convert more power than it is designed to handle, and if they become too warm it could blow up a capacitor or chip and it may not be obvious at first either, but the device will start to behave strangely which could turn it into a risk. Do note, if that happens, you will know. So don't worry about that your unit may already be compromised. You may have reduced its lifespan though.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Fortunately I bought 2 pieces of DG-Lab.
And immediately stopped when I felt it getting too warm. So posted my test, in the hopes of helping members.
What you do or don't do for BoundAnna's members. :rofl:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Great-Scott-Doc-Browns-Best-Back-to-the-Future-Inventions-Explained.jpg
1631280-doc_brown_full.jpg
1631280-doc_brown_full.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Diodes? Heat sinks? Fuses? Circuit breakers? Flux capacitors? You have to be rocket scientist to know what burns these days. :roll:
If I were you, I would have some faith in your circuit protection until proven otherwise. Also, if I were you, then you would be me, and you would be telling me (or you) not to worry.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

If it lets its smoke out, that's it. It won't work anymore.

That's how those things work, with smoke. If it leaks, it will stop working. The more powerful the apparatus, the more smoke it emits when it dies.

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

bound_jenny wrote:If it lets its smoke out, that's it. It won't work anymore.

That's how those things work, with smoke. If it leaks, it will stop working. The more powerful the apparatus, the more smoke it emits when it dies.

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
I remember my dad telling me something like that when I was a teenager. My hairdryer stopped working after some smoke came out of it. After he told me about it I actually thought for ages that there was something inside that had smoke in it that would come out when it broke down. :facepalm:

Lisa
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Lisahs3 wrote:After he told me about it I actually thought for ages that there was something inside that had smoke in it that would come out when it broke down. :facepalm:

Lisa
Just like they sometimes tell you not to tie a knot in the electricity cable because otherwise the current cannot go through (of course: not true). :rofl: :rofl:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
Great-Scott-Doc-Browns-Best-Back-to-the-Future-Inventions-Explained.jpg
1631280-doc_brown_full.jpg
Diodes? Heat sinks? Fuses? Circuit breakers? Flux capacitors? You have to be rocket scientist to know what burns these days. :roll:
If I were you, I would have some faith in your circuit protection until proven otherwise. Also, if I were you, then you would be me, and you would be telling me (or you) not to worry.
If this was a cheap estim device, maybe... But a unit that is well over 100 USD is not a toy to risk breaking it by using it in a way it was clearly not designed to be used. Especially not if something inside breaks in such way, that now all the power is accumulated over one channel which essentially doubles the output. That can be such a shock that it could potentially be lethal.

No, this is really bad advice and you should not give such if you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

That post was meant to be funny. Sorry for the ill timing of my humour.
The point is that tinkering is not worth the risk, everyone.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

KinkInSpace wrote:...

No, this is really bad advice and you should not give such if you don't know what you're talking about.
With that in mind, please allow me to revisit your last post here:
KinkInSpace wrote:...

When you use electricity for kink play, the following rule applies: the bigger the contact surface area is, the more electricity you need to produce a feeling. In addition, the more skin in a given area contacts the electified part, the less sharp the sensation becomes.

So if you purposely blocking contact points, you increase the punishment the object gives because there are fewer points of contacts, and thus less electricity is required to stimulate.
If we consider this to be true, the relevant physical variable is energy density. This is directly influenced by the voltage that's applied and by the contact area it's applied to.
KinkInSpace wrote: You can see it with the following example:

If you have a large water hose and you put a predetermined amount of water through it, the water will just casually flow through this hose.
The amount of water, that passes any given cross-section of the hose in a given time intervall is what equals the current in electrical circuits. There it's the amount of charge passing any given cross-section of a conductor in a given time intervall. There's no energy density in this per se. You'll need to adress the energy per charge as well!
KinkInSpace wrote: If you now try to force the same amount of water through a much thinner hose, the water will accelerate out of the hose at much greater speed.
This is only valid, if the pump that's involved can keep the volume of waterflow constant!
If the additional static pressure created by the shrunk diameter causes the flow to decrease, your statement is false.
If the pump can maintain a constant flow even though the diameter of the hose it's pumping the water through is smaller than before, it will need more energy to do so!
If however the pump's power remains constant, the amount of water pushed through the smaller diameter will decrease!

With that, back to electronics:
KinkInSpace wrote: Similarly with electricity, smaller contact points does not mean less electricity.

Smaller contact area simply means bigger resistance. Nothing more, nothing less.
KinkInSpace wrote: Instead it means, the same amount of electricity is transferred from the contact points to the skin, but because the cumulative area is much smaller, the power that the electricity goes through at the contact point feels bigger.
There are a whole lot of assumptions in this:
- What you call "the amount of electricity" is again the energy that's transferred.
Energy in physics is oftentimes called work, depicted by a W in formulas. If considering electrical circuits, it can be calculated as W = U*I*t.
Here, U is the voltage, I the current and t the time, over which the energy is transferred.

Additionally, Ohm's law (U=RI) still is valid! As the electrical resistance of the circuit is altered by the altered contact area, we cannot neglect it's influence on the whole here.

We're now back to the question: Can the pump maintain the flow? In electrical terms: can the power source maintain the current?
The simple and sole answer to this question lies in the voltage between its the poles.

What you feel is the voltage. If the contact area shrinks, the current will become lower. If the current gets smaller, either the power gets smaller with it, or the voltage goes up. It will depend on your power supply, which one will be happening.
In any case: You feel the Volts, nothing else, and they may decrease with smaller contact areas, thinner and/or longer wires, worse contact and a plethora of other factors that can interfere.

Just my 2 ct
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Super excited now! I have just finished placing my order for the Coyote powerbox combo, including all the extras. I have been playing with a cheapo standard TENS machine, which has been enjoyable enough, but a combination of reading this thread, and a visit to the DG-LAB website and bye bye pocket money :rofl:
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Let us know when you get it and how your experience is.

Also, welcome to the club. :)

Honestly... I have many TENS units. Before I got the DG-Lab Coyote, I would occasionally revisit my other TENS units. But now, I only use the Coyote anymore. It is just that good and versatile. Not that my other TENS units are bad though. But each other unit will have something that the DG-Lab just does better in one or another way.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

hogfan-sub wrote:Super excited now!
Welcome to the DG-Lab world. :mrgreen:
I am sure you will like it. The only thing I haven't dared to use is the egg if you've bought the full package. :oops: :facepalm:
I just finished a session with DG-lab. :D
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.