New to estim

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
zepart949

New to estim

Post by zepart949 »

I’d like to try out the world of estim, but I’m having a hard time finding quality information. In the US, it looks like Zeus is the go to bro and, but they’re website sucks and instructions lacking. I looked over the E-Stim Systems site and they look to have things covered, but don’t ship to the US anymore (maybe I missed something)

I’d like to find a simple box that is approachable and easy to use. Ideally I’d like a system that shocks...pauses for a few seconds (or minutes) and then socks again. Something that I can add to the SB scenarios to help “pass the time” :lol:

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
kinbaku

Re: New to estim

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome zepart949 (forgotten with your previous post :oops: ). Estim experiences and the perfect estim may interest you. I myself ordered the DG-Lab and am going to write a report about it.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

First, in my experience everything branded Zeus is a cheap knock off of something, and typically inferior. I generally buy what I can from Mr. S Leather (https://www.mr-s-leather.com/) in SF, and anything else from HappyStim (www.happystim-usa.com/). I do make my own leads and many trodes.

I have a number of the well-known power boxes, which I've been touring anew since I've had to ship one out for repair and like to use at least two in a session.

ET-312 - easily my favorite, more so now, although it's also the most expensive I own. I have two, one presently broken (it's 20 years old, mind you, and the other is almost 30, so not a complaint!).
ET-232 - good for a smaller, cheaper, portable unit. Decent power and patterns. Likes to be accidentally turned on if you don't take the battery out. Hate knobs without digital power indicator.
2B - nice box, the patterns aren't as varied or interesting as the 312 and it doesn't have as much power. Much more modern enclosure and controls.
ElectroHelix - very limited, moderate power. Like the 232, I don't like controls that lack a number to indicate power.
DG-Lab - my latest box, and perhaps I need to play with this one more but I have not been impressed thus far. It's as powerful as the 2B, and the app shows potential. I will definitely be reading kinbaku's experiences. Strongly dislike the fact that they use 2.5mm plugs to connect leads, as all of mine of 3.5 so I always need adapters.
Several TENS units - personally, I wouldn't bother.

A few other things that might be interesting. I've had quite good luck with several homebrew designs, especially the "Davey box". This should be a strong option is you are on a tight budget and know some electronics. Stimming using audio -- files or SmartStim, specific to stimming -- has a lot of potential and should be something you explore. The 312 and 2B both have really good audio functions, with the 312 being superior, and the decent homebrew solutions also use this approach.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

As a new user of e-stim also check safety rules. It is from the site http://www.e-stim.net.
If you were to buy the dg-lab, be careful when charging the battery: make sure that you stay the same or below the 2 Ampere charging current. Have read on some forums of those who destroyed their DG-Lab due to excessive charging current. :shock:
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

OrgasmAlley wrote:ET-312 - easily my favorite
Have you seen this https://blog.erostek.com/2011/01/10/ext ... ines-free/ for the ET-312?
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Sure. There are lots of routines out there, and you can also fully define your own using ErosLink... I don't think the software has been updated since the 1990's, so expect a learning curve ;) You get 4 slots in the program rotation that can be loaded with user routines.
zepart949

Post by zepart949 »

Thank you all for the suggestions.
BlindMike

Post by BlindMike »

I'm with Orgasm Alley on the Zeus thing, inferior stuff. Go with the Erostek 312. It's expensive, but you won't regret it.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

BlindMike wrote:... Go with the Erostek 312. It's expensive, but you won't regret it.
Seconded
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)