SB, Far More Than Pleasure

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
cerenaselfbound

SB, Far More Than Pleasure

Post by cerenaselfbound »

Over the decades, SB has served a purpose that extends beyond pleasure. I realized very early on that it's also a stress reliever. I found the more I was troubled by something the long SB session I embarked on during a stress out resulted in an increase in difficulty to get free by adding numerous stuff like padlocked straps, a gaffer tape OTM wrap & integral head harness & numerous other ropes, chains & locks.
None of which was actually needed as I was secure & couldn't talk as that's mandatory.
I guess everyone has a mechanism of coping, & I'm pretty sure that while I'm struggling in a stress out SB session it takes my mind away from thinking about what the cause is, and most of the time I emerge from the session relieved.
Onixpected

Re: SB, Far More Than Pleasure

Post by Onixpected »

That's how I feel too. More than a pleasurable experience, SB is often a stress reliever to me. When I'm full of work, and stressed out, if I get the chance, I do a SB session, usually spreadeagle, because I know I kinda can release some tension while being tied and struggling/enjoying my vibration toothbrush. I'm far too "distracted" to really mind about my stress. All the pleasure I get from my sessions help me a lot distracting my mind.
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I've discovered that very idea over the years.

Self-bondage has been an outlet for my frustrations, a source of very naughty pleasure, and on occasion, simple relaxation, meditation, introspection. It's a way, as my sig says, to explore the innermost reaches of my soul.

Meditation is calming, and can even help me answer a difficult question or settle a difficult choice. Reducing my thoughts to a single thread and then asking the question in my mind sometimes comes up with some surprising answers, sometimes quite quickly, and those answers are usually correct. Once all the day's clutter is evacuated from that brain of mine, clear thinking is not only easier, but quicker.

Then I have a good struggle to expend the pent-up physical energy, get loose, take a shower and hit the hay. :wink:

I sleep like a baby. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bound_jenny wrote:...

I sleep like a baby. 8)

Jenny.
Which means not too long and then you wake up crying and your bed is wet? :mrgreen:
*ducks and tries to hide*

Seriously, I too have found that SB is a great stress reliever in more than one way.
Seems to be a fairly common discovery. I wonder if therapists know of this effect? :?:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Blacky wrote:I wonder if therapists know of this effect? :?:
They do, and they're jealous. That's why they label us as self harmers.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
Blacky wrote:I wonder if therapists know of this effect? :?:
They do, and they're jealous. That's why they label us as self harmers.
Only a VERY shitty therapist would label you as a "self-harmer" for liking bondage. Only Sadism/Masochism is listed in the DSM-IV list and then ONLY if performed on non-willing participants and/or when it deeply troubles you for it to count as a mental "disorder". BDSM in general isn't considered a mental health problem. (And yes they are aware. At least the one I have talked with about it a bit was and she indicated it was not exactly "taught about" in the training, but certainly mentioned.)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:They do, and they're jealous. That's why they label us as self harmers.
Now, sometimes they are right. I remember my doctor telling me he had to treat someone with a bottle of Coca-Cola in his butt. :mrgreen:
But, ... it could also be that he told this because he was jealous. :rofl:

Anywhere that takes your attention away from your worries is relaxing. For some it is sailing where you constantly have to focus your attention on the waves and the wind and have no time to think about anything else, for me it is bondage or guitar playing.
Of course not at the same time. :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Gregovic wrote:Only Sadism/Masochism is listed in the DSM-IV list and then ONLY if performed on non-willing participants and/or when it deeply troubles you for it to count as a mental "disorder".
That's just about it. For nearly anything qualifying as a "disorder", it has to hamper one's ability to function as a human being in society. BDSM could qualify if there is a pathological element to the activity, i.e. if the other participant is non-consenting or if the activity has gone beyond the consented limits, and if there is a pattern to the behavior. One other way that BDSM may tip over into the disorder category would be if it were some kind of addiction behavior, preventing the subject from participating normally in society (hindering ability to socialize, to work, etc.).

Fortunately, us harmless perverts aren't into the pathological stuff. We just have good, naughty, safe fun. In fact, the consensus here seems to be that it helps us! Take that, you jealous therapists! :rofl:
Blacky wrote:*ducks and tries to hide*
Don't try to run or hide. You'll just get captured tired. A sub falling asleep in the middle of a session is right near the top of my list of annoyances... :facepalm:

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have wondered if it is possible to sleep through this
Capture.JPG
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I have wondered if it is possible to sleep through this
Capture.JPG
That would be a bit of a stretch of the imagination. :wink:

Or, as they say en Français:
C'est un peu tiré par les cheveux.
to describe something unlikely. Translated literally, "it's a bit pulled by the hair".

Jenny.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I have wondered if it is possible to sleep through this
Capture.JPG

to describe something unlikely. Translated literally, "it's a bit pulled by the hair".

Jenny.
I'd rather say: "it's a bit pulled by the limbs" ("c'est un peu tiré par les membres"). :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:
Capture.JPG

Jenny.
I'd rather say: "it's a bit pulled by the limbs" ("c'est un peu tiré par les membres"). :rofl:
I'm quoting the local vernacular. Québec French is unique in their expressions and other idioms. Even their collection of swear words is quite spectacular. :shock: :lol:

Jenny.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bound_jenny wrote:Or, as they say en Français:

They were inspiring this perhaps :?:
Attachments
See I didn't need the ropes..jpg
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:Québec French is unique in their expressions and other idioms.
Here we also use this expression. In Dutch: "Het is bij de haren getrokken" ("It's pulled by the hair"). :)
Perhaps transferred from the Canadian soldiers who came to liberate us during WWII. :rofl:
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

I agree with what most people are saying about self bondage and play time being a really good way to destress.
That feeling of relaxation when you slip into something fun and sexy or the excitement I feel if I just lay on my bed and stretch out like spread-eagle not tied up just close my eyes and imagine. I smile and feel the tension just melt away.
I do not need to be tied up in order to relax I am not that bad lol but I think its the same as getting home from work and kicking off my heels flopping down onto my sofa take the tie out and let my hair fall down I then give my poor feet a rub and it feels great to be home safe and comfortable.
I suppose the same can be said for hobby or reading a good book it takes you away and you relax because you are doing something you enjoy. At least thats how it feels for me.

Lisa x