I found the perfect estim for self-bondage!

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
KinkInSpace

I found the perfect estim for self-bondage!

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've been gone for a long time, but I still have selfbondage in the back of my mind, and such this forum is still something I think of, I just don't come here too often anymore.

But I finally found something that I've searched for for so long! The perfect estim device to use in self-bondage.

I have many powerboxes by now, but they all are flawed in one way or the other to be used in a self-bondage session.

Most boxes are a "set it on" and it stays. Then, most boxes also have a crazy short timer of 15 minutes tops, even if you have a great powerbox. Occasionally you get a powerbox that seems to be more for a painful self-bondage session, but even then you have a "set it on, it stays like this" box.

I thought I could get out of this problem by using a powerbox that reacts to audio. Given that I am a musician, I can actually fairly easily create a proper punishment electric session that can last as long as I want with moments of no pain at all. So I got one of those a long time ago. My biggest problem is that I create and test the audio tracks behind my computer and they work great there. I then export it to MP3 so I can use my phone and be bound elsewhere, but then they work very differently. I did find out why, but it did stop me from using estim in proper self-bondage sessions. Now, I just use nipple clamps and know that after a while the pain gets more and more doing basically the same as estim would, except on a lower level...

But that craving for estim during a self-bondage session never went away.

Then... I found this new powerbox from China!

The DG-Lab Estim Powerbox 2.0

Now, keep in mind, this powerbox is expensive. There are many sales moments on AliExpress, so put it on your wishlist and when there's a sales moment, get it then. I got mine for 70 euros, instead of 215 on singles day (11-11). There are multiple sellers selling this box, so look for the cheapest and look for shipping fees.

AliExpress tip: seach for a few of the same item by different sellers, add ALL to your shopping cart, then go into your shopping cart, check each item individually and look at the total costs to find out which of the options including shipping and with coupon reducements is going to be the cheapest for you, then buy that one and delete all other items from your shopping cart. :)

So... what makes this box so special? Quite a few things actually. I'll list them in no particular order and elaborate below.
  • Intensity range is huge
  • Comes with 16 pre-programmed programs, but that's just the start
  • Create your own estim feeling by setting sliders
  • Save your own estim patterns in addition to the 16 pre-programmed ones.
  • You can select any or multiple programs and it will cycle through them one after another or at random
  • Set how long a program is being played before skipping to the next
  • Its really small and can be strapped to a body part, such as a leg or belly and can be worn under your clothes easily.
  • Everything is controlled through bluetooth using your phone
  • It has a wonderful and evil smart-ai setting
  • It has a fire button to instantly deliver a much stronger jolt. So great if you play with a partner
  • You feel nothing with intensity 0, 1 or... well 30? But the unit goes way higher. 276 is the max setting, you feel something around 40, around 130 is challenging depending on where you put it and which program you use... ;)
  • You can set a timer to auto-pause/resume.
  • You can turn it off by a timer that has a max of 45 minutes, cannot be set per minute, but plenty options
  • Using a timer is optional. You can make it run until the battery is depleted.
  • Build-in battery, charged over USB-C
  • You can record sound in your smartphone or play a song, and it will create a pattern based upon that
  • You can use an X-Y style touchpad and draw the electricity (partner play)
  • You can allow a partner to control your box through your phone through the internet. (requires an account)
This list is pretty big, and I probably forgot to mention some stuff too.

Okay, above is mostly the featurelist of what it has. A few of these settings are quite self explanatory when it comes to self-bondage, such as the auto-off timer and the pause setting for extra intensity. Also the fact that you can set many different patterns in a continuous or random loop makes it that the entire session is one wild rollercoaster. You get constantly zapped, but with some intense programs in the mix, it feels like your mistress just zaps the shit out of you for no good reason. Without the random, it just feels like training, but with the random it feels more like its being done to you. You can choose how long each program plays, which can play as short as 1 second or pretty long.

I have now fiddled with creating my own patterns. You have the ability to create a 32 step pattern, which basically means drawing a waveform. You have various modes, although in my test mode 2 and 4 seemed identical. I think this is a bug though. Mode 1 is basically a fixed speed control where mode 2-4 are various speeds based on sliders. mode 2 and 4 are from fast to slow and mode 3 is a sine, going from fast to slow to fast and loop. The speed setting basically means how fast do the pulses come one after another. A really slow setting can make one 32 step pattern feel like needle pricks, whereas a fast one makes it feel like vibration. You can have 4 sections, and control how long each section is played from short up to 10 seconds.

But... I have not mentioned the one feature that makes this box the best box out there that rules them all. This box is the Smart-AI feature.

The Smart-AI feature has 2 settings, both which you can turn on or off. The first setting allows you to randomly change the intensity every x seconds where you can set the slider to control this in a certain range. There is a second slider to control how big of a width there is for changing the intensity. This is a value between 0 and 30. So lets say you set the box to intensity 70, If you toggle Smart-AI on, it will change the intensity every x seconds to anything between 70 and 100, or whatever it was that you set the value to. This makes it even more unpredictable... But wait, there's more!

There is a second feature, an auto-increment feature. Again, has 2 sliders. The first is its intensity setting, again a value from 0 to 30, and the second one is a timer again. What this does is count down the time of the timer and then increase the intensity by 1 until the max setting is reached. So this means, that you can program the box to progressively become stronger during a period of say... 30 minutes. Once the max is reached, the feature itself is automatically turned off. You can at this point go to the Smart-AI tab, turn it on again, and it will continue with another increase cycle if you think you can take it. The only downside is that you need to control this through the app, but you can setup this at the start, get into bondage, use your phone to start it up, toss the phone away and know you will be in a session for a while that will be very thrilled.

I think that the max of 30 intensity is definitely a good limit and I'm pretty sure that you will not get into a situation where you are bound and start this and it gets too strong. Yes, it may get painful, but it probably won't get too painful unless you play with a partner that chooses to do this to you, eg. increase the intensity until they see you in pain, then setup AI for increasing the intensity +30.

The sound has 3 options. Record microphone and play on loop, live-response, use microphone and continuously electrify upon receiving sound and play music, which plays music through your speakers and at the same time stimulate you using electricity. There are 2 sliders that control how the electricity is generated based on the audio. One is the intensity of the audio vs intensity of the electricity. You can make a soft song still have strong electricity, and how the frequency response is translating it to different electricity (called pulse width).

Lastly, this was made in china, but it feels as solid as any of my really good powerboxes. It doesn't feel cheap at all.

If you are in the market for a new powerbox and you want to use it in self-bondage, this is going to be the device you will want to get for sure. It is very light and extremely portable, can be worn under your clothes and controlled through bluetooth. So yes, you can even put in this nice estim buttplug, head into the forest and while there, activate a estim that just won't stop and gets stronger over time.

There is one small minus point about the box I guess... At the top of the box are 2 switches. They control the on/off function, pause and intensity.

So as long as the powerbox is within your reach, you can always adjust the settings to some degree or turn the estim off without having to reach for your phone.

I have not tested it yet, and I certainly will, but I think the phone only controls its actions and isn't the controller. So I think if you setup and start the intensity, and then turn off bluetooth on your phone, the estim continues to follow the preprogrammed plan.

Oh, and another minus point... You set the intensity with + and - digitally. Although the step increment is so tiny, it feels analog, it also means that it can take a bit of time to reach a high number, and if you press the pause button, you actually stop the electricity as the intensity is reset to 0. I understand this safety meganism though, but it would've been great if pause/resume would keep the last intensity for 5 seconds before going down to 0.

And maybe a bit of a bigger downside, the only way to do anything is by starting estim. You cannot set the intensity to a level first then press play. Only press play first, then increase the intensity. So you really have to prepare your bondage and get into it before starting the estim to get the most out of it, but that is something not too hard to do.

I'll see if I can make a feature suggestion to save the current state as a program sequence, and if you run it, it slowly fades in from 0 to those settings. Dunno if they're open for that and where to suggest features. I do know they keep developing the app.
Last edited by KinkInSpace on 09 Dec 2020, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Re: I found the perfect estim for self-bondage!

Post by kinbaku »

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Link removed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by kinbaku on 09 Dec 2020, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
5t3v3

Post by 5t3v3 »

Dont click that link kinbaku just posted, it contains Malware

I had some money to burn :rofl: so I ordered one, hopefully I'll get it as advertised and quickly! I like how many options this one seems to have. I need random jolts so this seems like it's right up my alley! Thanks for the suggestion
Last edited by 5t3v3 on 09 Dec 2020, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

5t3v3 wrote:Dont click that link kinbaku just posted, it contains Malware
I am certain that it was unintentional. Very certain.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I had seen the unit on AliExpress before (seems to be around 70 USD all the time for the base unit) but always written it off as just another piece of chinese junk. Not really a fan of app controlled stuff normally. You definitely peaked my interest there Slave_L. Maybe I'll buy one during the Christmas sale if there is one.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
5t3v3

Post by 5t3v3 »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
That's fine, but either way I'm just telling you that Malwarebytes blocked it for Malware whether intentional or not.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Gregovic wrote:I had seen the unit on AliExpress before (seems to be around 70 USD all the time for the base unit) but always written it off as just another piece of chinese junk. Not really a fan of app controlled stuff normally. You definitely peaked my interest there Slave_L. Maybe I'll buy one during the Christmas sale if there is one.
I actually know exactly how you feel. I usually don't consider chinese estim stuff really reliable, but given that most boxes are cheap and often they come with the accessory I actually want and is cheaper in such deal than the accessory alone, I got a nice collection of chinese estim units. The cheap ones are, yes... cheap. But I also got a few cheap ones that are actually really good, so I know their flaws and what they are good at.

I know when I can expect quality from a chinese device, when its listprice is substantially higher than the knockoffs. When you get chinese cheap stuff, the listprice itself is already cheap. But here, its listed from 200+ USD, which was a sign for me that this should be reliable. I investigated a little bit in the brand behind it and that assured me this was a risk I was very willingly to take. If it were even only as good as the cheaper chinese one that I have that performs really well, I was already sold. But no... This one outperforms that one by a long shot. The quality of this unit comes very close if not on par with my Mystim unit. I haven't done dual channel estim yet, so I'm not sure if the channels are shielded, but judging on how other units can have weird estim spikes randonly from cheaper chinese brands, and this one doesn't have that suggests that it is properly shielded, and quite likely its going to be fine.

I also have a Zeus powerbox (Rimba in my country) which I bought for 70 euro at the time. That's actually my first powerbox I bought and well, this new one is definitely better in many ways, if not in every way.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:I also have a Zeus powerbox (Rimba in my country) which I bought for 70 euro at the time. That's actually my first powerbox I bought and well, this new one is definitely better in many ways, if not in every way.
I paid 149 euros for my first power box. It is now available for around 109 euros. It does not have the capabilities such as audio and the like. It has 4 separate channels, but the setting of the 5 modes is always the same for the 4 channels. Only the strength of the channels can be adjusted separately. The automatic mode simply cycles through the other 4 settings with a duration of a few periods.
RimbaPowerbox.jpg
RimbaPowerbox.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 8000 times
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

5t3v3 wrote:
That's fine, but either way I'm just telling you that Malwarebytes blocked it for Malware whether intentional or not.
Not at all a problem, good looking out.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Not at all a problem, good looking out.
Fortunately, there was a quick response to the Malware.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

kinbaku wrote:
Slave_L wrote:I also have a Zeus powerbox (Rimba in my country) which I bought for 70 euro at the time. That's actually my first powerbox I bought and well, this new one is definitely better in many ways, if not in every way.
I paid 149 euros for my first power box. It is now available for around 109 euros. It does not have the capabilities such as audio and the like. It has 4 separate channels, but the setting of the 5 modes is always the same for the 4 channels. Only the strength of the channels can be adjusted separately. The automatic mode simply cycles through the other 4 settings with a duration of a few periods.
RimbaPowerbox.jpg
When I bought mine, I also saw this one, but it was too expensive especially for the fact that I still feared electricity at that point but I also got very much turned on seeing estim play, so I only have the 2 channel version which is even more limited as there is just one power setting for both channels even though the channels are isolated. I very much do love its slow pulse and the other one mode though. Its the only powerbox that I have that feels like actual needles. It hurts very much which is what I love so much about it.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I just played with estim again with the box and tested out a few more things, also updated the first post to add into that.

If you have the app open and press your home button, the app remains open in the background. Estim continues to work.
If you disable bluetooth, estim stops and the app asks if you want to reconnect. It seems the app is actually the controller after all.

I now also played with the custom preset mode, and it is lovely. Quite a lot of interesting presets are possible and I found out that my presets are more powerful than the stock. I had a hard time getting past 90 intensity while it can go up to 276.

The pause/resume setting literally stops estim and continues on the same intensity as before, and you can setup the times yourself. Its really scary this pause setting... :)

Lastly, the Smart-AutoIncrement feature also works when in audio mode.

I also played with the draw settings. The draw setting is nice though more gimmicky. That page does contain 6 or 8 buttons with custom waveforms to press/hold and these are really good. Wow. Some are even painful.

The fire button can be set to increase the intensity with a value between 1 and 20 as long as fire is hold which is nice, but perhaps +30 would have been better. The fire setting only works really well if the intensity setting is already at a level where you feel it very well and you are not sure you can take 20 more levels.

Well, that's it for now. Nothing more that comes to mind. I really love this powerbox, that's for sure. I think its my favorite at the moment. My Mystim which I often use has this really nice program. And since I can open MP3 files directly, I can probably use my estim file that I created on my computer too and have that session again. The only downside is, that the audio is being played at the same time, but I can turn down the volume.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:I very much do love its slow pulse and the other one mode though. Its the only powerbox that I have that feels like actual needles. It hurts very much which is what I love so much about it.
That's true. I also bought an electric prostate butt plug to connect to this powerbox, but I haven't dared to use it yet. :oops: :facepalm:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Oh, Estim in your butt is really great. The best estim is on your sphincter muscle itself, far more enjoyable than the inside of your anus, but the inside of your anus is still a really nice sensation. It just doesn't feel like electricity, only a really strong vibrator. Even the pulses feel like pegs, not even needles.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:Oh, Estim in your butt is really great. The best estim is on your sphincter muscle itself, far more enjoyable than the inside of your anus, but the inside of your anus is still a really nice sensation. It just doesn't feel like electricity, only a really strong vibrator. Even the pulses feel like pegs, not even needles.
I'm going to motivate myself for a few days to finally try it during the weekend. :shock:
Thanks for the tip. Facing a new adventure. :mrgreen: