Magnetic lock - experiences?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
jackles

Magnetic lock - experiences?

Post by jackles »

I stumbled across this website: https://selfbondage-shop.com/en/3-magnetic-lock, and I'm seriously considering ordering a magnetic lock (probably a few ice-locks as well).

Does anyone have any experience with this product or something similar? It seems pretty bullet-proof to me, and my mind is already cluttered with ideas for ties around the apartment. Is there anything I should be aware of when using such a lock?

Love, Jessica
Links to my Patreon with self-bondage pictures and videos, my erotic stories on Amazon, and my Fiverr where you can order custom erotica: https://linktr.ee/jessicashackled
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Magnetic lock - experiences?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I think this was discussed earlier this year or last year, but I think the takeaway was that it appeared that unless you bought the timer release attachment, you had to wait until the battery died. Kind of clumsy, though I suppose you could vary release time by not fully charging it.
Has anyone purchased this exact item and tried it? I feel like I could make a better one for less and achieve better quality if I set my mind to it, but would be curious as well how a mass produced model works for quality.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

I have no experience of it, but I've read that the device is very overpriced for what it is, but then again I think perhaps trying to make your own would be an exercise in expense and frustration unless you're good at that kind of thing. What you're paying for is the convenience of it being ready-made and properly functional. Adding a timer it gets a bit expensive but It might be an idea to time how long it takes a battery to run out of charge without the use of a timer.

The chair mount looks reasonably priced, the only thing is you've then got buy a suitable chair and be able to fit the device correctly so that there's no way to pull the wire out. Your feet would have to be secured I think.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

jackles wrote:I stumbled across this website: https://selfbondage-shop.com/en/3-magnetic-lock, and I'm seriously considering ordering a magnetic lock (probably a few ice-locks as well).

Does anyone have any experience with this product or something similar? It seems pretty bullet-proof to me, and my mind is already cluttered with ideas for ties around the apartment. Is there anything I should be aware of when using such a lock?

Love, Jessica
I'm probably one of those that has said it's a bit overpriced for what it is. However, if you take into account the cost of material and the custom magnet (it's probably a 6v magnet running usually at 5v, not something available off the shelf), plus the cost of fabrication and such, I don't think the price is THAT high. Certainly not lower than I'd be asking if I were making these commercially.

I have a couple of 12v 50mm magnets that I want to try to use to make a cheaper clone version. I haven't had the time to actually do that though, too many hobbies, too little time :mrgreen: . If I ever get around to it I'll post my results.

I've made a test version with a 40mm magnet. That is unfortunately just barely not powerful enough to keep you restrained and it's possible to simply pull free. The 50mm version shouldn't have that problem.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
serog1

Post by serog1 »

Hi Jessica,

I have purchased one of these Magbound restraints together with the timer and intend using it to replace handcuffs behind the back having almost got stuck twice with ex police handcuffs and unable to get the key into the correct orientation to unlock them without extreme difficulty!!! I have tried the magbound and the timer works perfectly although I did panic a little when it didn't release immediately but it takes a few seconds for the residual magnetism to disperse :shock: You will not be able to escape from these until the timer runs out so set the time wisely! These do exactly what you would expect of them and I would recommend them with the timer. Also bear in mind that it is totally fail safe so if the power is disconnected in any way (timer runs out, leads disconnected, power cut) so you cannot get stuck in it!

Good luck :hi: :hi:

serog1