Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Sergio

Re: Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

Post by Sergio »

I'm currently taking advantage of the external battery and timer continuation on mine. The keys to my belt are in the K-Safe and it's in a box in my self-store unit which is between half an hour and an hour round trip depending in time of day. But so I'm not tempted to collect it just because I'm horny I set the time to six hours and removed a battery, so now when I want out I'll have a six hour wait to discourage 'frivolous masturbation'.

Incidentally the price of the K-Safe has shot up in the last few months, in the UK at least - £70 from Amazon now and £50 direct but subject to the whim of the FX rates - they were £40 for as long as I can remember. I see an interesting phone safe on AliExpress for about half the price but it uses a rechargeable battery and there's no indication how it will behave if it runs flat. Only one way to find out, but it could be fun to experiment.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sergio wrote:Incidentally the price of the K-Safe has shot up in the last few months, in the UK at least - £70 from Amazon now and £50 direct but subject to the whim of the FX rates - they were £40 for as long as I can remember.
With our strong recommendation here at BoundAnna, demand has outpaced supply. :?
Last edited by kinbaku on 03 Jan 2021, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:... but it can time how long I take to clean the cage, and if it is too quickly, it can know.
And an Arduino can measure times in milliseconds, so getting it to a tenth of a second shouldn't be a problem. At least if you use millis() instead of delay(). :mrgreen:
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

kinbaku wrote:And an Arduino can measure times in milliseconds, so getting it to a tenth of a second shouldn't be a problem. At least if you use millis() instead of delay(). :mrgreen:
IME, the millis() clock isn't particularly accurate - it'll be fine for "about x hours" but using it to track to a specific time days in the future could give undesirable results.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

ruru67 wrote:
kinbaku wrote:And an Arduino can measure times in milliseconds, so getting it to a tenth of a second shouldn't be a problem. At least if you use millis() instead of delay(). :mrgreen:
IME, the millis() clock isn't particularly accurate - it'll be fine for "about x hours" but using it to track to a specific time days in the future could give undesirable results.
You are right ruru67, better use one like https://learn.adafruit.com/ds1307-real- ... -board-kit.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

ruru67 wrote:
As Kinbaku mentioned, if you want to track time over multiple days it's better to use an external RTC unit. Clock drift on an Arduino depends very much on the quality of the oscillator, on the official Arduino's it's apparently only a few parts per million (meaning maybe a second or 2 a day). On cheap clones it can be as much as a few seconds an hour. It's also possible to add a GPS module and use that as a time source (the current time is included in the GPS signal, so if you can connect to at least 2 satellites you should have a valid time output. There's tutorials online on how to extract the time from the GPS signal). Alternatively if you use a WIFI enable board (like an ESP32 or ESP8266) then you could connect to an external time source and verify your RTC time to prevent any possible cheating.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

The internal clock on the ESP32 is only about 5% accurate but in sleep mode the power consumption is miniscule. An external crystal improves that to about 1% which would be about 15 minutes in 24 hours, not a show-stopper for many applications but no use for accurate anticipation. An external RTC would be a huge improvement but any of these could be periodically resynced to internet time with NTP, but I'd be cautious about relying entirely on NTP in case your internet connection fails. Imagine your ISP replacing your router but you didn't think to copy the WiFi key from the bottom of the old one before they took it for recycling and now your safe will never know when it's time to open. :-)