Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
o0_Squirrel_0o

Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

Post by o0_Squirrel_0o »

I am considering buying a kitchen safe. It seems like a great way of locking myself away as I can break the case to get out. I want to put a key on a ribbon and be able to pull the key out (via the ribbon) once the case unlocks. Hands-free. The case appears to not require anything other than lifting the lid. Has anyone tried this product? How did you like it?

Thank you
Squirrel
Sashauk

Re: Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

Post by Sashauk »

Yes, I use one to keep my keys in when I am locked up.

As you say all that is required is the lid to be lifted off to gain access. It is secured by two 'bolt's that slide into slots in the wall of the base section, they retract when the time is up.
Security wise they are not that secure, being made out of plastic, but the thickness of the material means it would take a fair degree of punishment to force it open.

Added enjoyment is that you can see the keys but not get to them :D
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Yes, I use one relatively often as it is fairly reliable and easy and fast to set up.

Keep in mind if breaking the case is your backup plan it requires quite a lot of force. (For example, simply dropping it from 1.5 meters (4,5 foot) up isn't enough. I've tried that acccidentally.)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

Also consider getting one with the mini base if all you are intending to put in it is keys. I have the full size one and it really is too tall when you just have a bunch of keys in it.

Another alternative is this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-Purpose- ... DJ2NJRSPSC which looks to be a bit smaller than the full sized Kitchen Safe.

And if you have access to a 3D printer you can make your own base - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3972031
Shin

Post by Shin »

I've got one and it's pretty fun.I use it for keeping key's away, but I had an issue with it.

I tried to tie a rope to a key, put the key inside and the rope pulled between the lid and the base. Well... Apparently the rope pulled the lid and base apart, and therefore the bolts couldn't retract... I heard the motor trying, but it failed. I had to manually push them in (with a screwdriver) later... Fortunately I had an emergency release.

In retrospect, I should have used a smaller rope to secure the keys (like fishing thread), but alas...

I would certainly buy it again though, have had lot of fun with it. If only it had a random timer function :)
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i use mine all the time. i have some ice fishing line attached to the keys and also attached to the chain i use for a spreadeagle. then i can just pull the keys to my hand with the fishing line and free myself. i also used it this morning to hold a couple pieces of paracord inside that i use to pull down the zipper pull on my darlex sleepsack. i attached a loop of paracord to the zipper on the sleepsack, and then i can thread the piece of paracord through that loop to give the extra length so i can grab it through the fabric and pull the zipper down. was stuck for two hours in it this morning. :D
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
o0_Squirrel_0o

Post by o0_Squirrel_0o »

Shin wrote: If only it had a random timer function :)
Right. I love not knowing how long it will take. I have used the SB CD tray opener but for long term play, it is too risky for me. I have a desktop. Also, I have had trouble in the past.

TNT, I have wanted a sleep sack so bad but couldn't justify it for solo play. I'm intrigued you figured out how to do it. It sounds like you have a paracord attached to the sleep sack zipper. The paracord is held outside the sac by the fishing line. The fishing line runs from the paracord to the Kitchen safe and to your hand inside the sleep sack. Is this correct? Also how strong or think is your line? Would string work?

Thank you, Everyone. My roommates are going out of town and it's going to be sooo gooooooood.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Or you can use an ordinary box that closes with a combination lock and use Codelocker and TimeLockerForImages (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13054&start=15). As a backup you can test all combinations one by one.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

o0_Squirrel_0o wrote:
Shin wrote: If only it had a random timer function :)
Right. I love not knowing how long it will take. I have used the SB CD tray opener but for long term play, it is too risky for me. I have a desktop. Also, I have had trouble in the past.

TNT, I have wanted a sleep sack so bad but couldn't justify it for solo play. I'm intrigued you figured out how to do it. It sounds like you have a paracord attached to the sleep sack zipper. The paracord is held outside the sac by the fishing line. The fishing line runs from the paracord to the Kitchen safe and to your hand inside the sleep sack. Is this correct? Also how strong or think is your line? Would string work?

Thank you, Everyone. My roommates are going out of town and it's going to be sooo gooooooood.
its just a piece of paracord attached to the sleepsack zipper with a loop at the end of it. i can thread another piece of paracord through the loop that is attached to the zipper with my mouth so that i can pull the zipper down using my hand through the fabric of the sleepsack (requires good mouth dexterity to pull off!). if the zipper is all the way up, the collar on the sleepsack likes to fold over instead of letting the zipper pull down, so its a tough task to get it to open up like that. but if i dont pull the zipper all the way up, i can just grab the loop with my teeth and slide the zipper down enough to free my arms from the sleeves. i keep the extra pieces of paracord that i would slide through the zipper loop in the kitchen safe to time my escape when i have the zipper puller all the way up to the top of the collar. you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT be gagged and escape on your own like this! its not something i recommend trying without a two legged backup within shouting distance!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I still seem partial to those electronic timer locks, though I would never secure myself to something with them. More for locking away keys, and a bolt cutter as a back up that I could still operate and reach with my hands.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
trepxe

Post by trepxe »

Its nice cause in an emergency you can smash the base, which is a cheap replacement.
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

trepxe wrote:Its nice cause in an emergency you can smash the base, which is a cheap replacement.
Have you actually tried smashing the base?

Looking at mine I think it would take quite a bit of brute force to get into it. The plastic is quite thick, and looks to be reasonably pliable such that it is not going to shatter easily.
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

Make sure you have fresh batteries.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Maid_Lauren wrote:Make sure you have fresh batteries.
Speaking from experience there Maid Lauren? I try to swap batteries out for fresh ones in mine semi regularly when playing with it just to make sure I don't end up stuck. If possible I have spares within reach so that I can replace the batteries if need be.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I have 2 kitchen safes. a large one from the first series, and a small one from the second series. The second series allows you to increase the timer while its still in locked state, but there's no visual difference between both lits. If you want one, specify so during purchase in the comments for that purchase if you buy it directly from their site, and they'll accommodate for that.

I used a paperclip and some tape, bent the paperclip to a 90 degrees to create a hook and taped it to the lid itself. When I pull the lid off, the keys automatically come with the lid up and it gives a great display when locked.

Also, as for batteries, when your batteries run low, you can always replace them, its just that you need to keep in mind that you have to have batteries near you and your hands free if this is going to happen. The display will go dim when the batteries run low, so if you start your session and you see the screen go off, this may be the moment where you want to abort the locking, put in fresh batteries and try again. Even though the display will dim and you can clearly hear that the locking takes more strain from the batteries, you can probably still be locked for a day with those batteries and unlock. The timer will keep working, its just the locking and unlocking that stops first. They're pretty safe in that regard. Also, a failed unlock due to battery power can be overruled by replacing the battery and pressing the button for a long time as mentioned in the manual.

That said, I'm not using my kitchen safe that much anymore. This is more due to me being accustomed to wearing chastity and not wanting out anyway. It has a nice feeling knowing that you are locked up, but if you don't want to get out anyway, then... you get my point. This safe can lock the keys up to 10 days which really is great, but because hygienic cleaning is something I do every day, and I need the cage off for that, its not the best solution.

I'm still considering to make my own safe with arduino to program in a specific timer in days, with an unlock moment every day during a specific time. This would essentially give me the opportunity to lock my member away and keep cleaning restricted to the safe itself. But I want to have a lock inside the arduino that is also a switch that does the following: a key is in a lock that remains inserted in the open position, and can be taken out in the closed position. The arduino can measure the open/close position. The key is attached to the key of my chastity device.

When the Arduino opens and a sound is played, I can take the key out by putting it in the closed position. The code would know when I take the key out, and can provide extra punishment. Of course there is nothing preventing me from taking the cage off, and put the key back in, but it can time how long I take to clean the cage, and if it is too quickly, it can know.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.