Why having a backup is important

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Gregovic

Why having a backup is important

Post by Gregovic »

Just came across this post on Reddit. Good thing the guy had a backup and put some thought into getting free, because he needed help after an equipment failure and had to call in his landlord.

Also, lol at all the vanilla people commenting :roll: ohh how naïve some of them are. :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
rmcingle

Re: Why having a backup is important

Post by rmcingle »

In a lot of my self bondage scenes I use an electro-magnet to secure me. I have a spring wound timer that can be set up to 1 hour.
Worked like a charm.

Until one day it didn't. I am laying there, bound on the floor. It has been while, probably not the full hour yet. I can hear the tick tick of the timer counting down. Then the ticks stop. No release.

Stupid spring wound mechanism got stuck!

Fortunately, I had just enough movement and I had left the cord that went to the power supply close enough that I could hook it with my foot and pull the plug.

Now I use two times: the spring wound timer is plugged into a wall lamp timer. Lamp timer set for a couple of hours.

I also try to leave the cell phone within reach so I could call for help if needed.

R.Mc.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Interesting story.
Gregovic wrote:Also, lol at all the vanilla people commenting ohh how naïve some of them are.
Yes, if you don't get why someone else does something it can be baffling (why do people go potholing, appear on 'reality' shows?... :roll: ), but I think some of the people have a point about the description being over elaborate (self gratification :?: ), he could have just stuck to the basic bondages and why he couldn't get free.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Melissa Melons

Post by Melissa Melons »

For the initial scenarios I have in mind - which largely involve me being able to move around to do chores so with my hands relatively free - I think a hasp lock with two timed padlocks would work for me and a pair of boltcutters.

Backup is simple, money is tight and I can't afford to break the locks for a laugh - access to the boltcutters and the means to destroy the lock is not a problem. Punishment is £30 or so I can't afford again for a while!

My only reservation is will the bolt cutters get through the timed locks cable?
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Depends on the size of the bolt cutters obviously but if they're the typical Chinese timer padlocks that were very popular when they came out a year or two back and the bolt cutters are typical 15" or 18" arms then should be no problem. Remember to get the padlock hasp into the jaws as deep as possible for maximum leverage. Frankly a strong pair of wire cutters would probably do it but like you I don't have enough money to throw it away if I just want to get out early.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

A pair of scissors could hack through it if operated a few times. Here is the collected works on those locks : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12047
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠