Taking photographs

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
restricted

Taking photographs

Post by restricted »

At present I along with friends on this site, are setting up what clothes I have to wear, any task or punishment I have to do. (It's been mostly fun so far)

I have failed one task recently and will chain myself up and await for my escape mechanism to be free of the ice tomb it is in.. Now my problem is, I know you can buy a timer, but I can't afford that and my camera only gives me 10 seconds before the shutter goes. That is not long enough for me to get myself in position.

Has anyone any idea how to set up a long term shutter delay? Otherwise I'd have to video it and when I get free take a photo of that.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Taking photographs

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I use a DSLR camera with remote shutter release. I only have to point it in the general direction of the camera and press the button. I can use it as an instant shot, or a 3 second delay.
What you are doing right now is called taking "still shots" or "stills" from video.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
restricted

Post by restricted »

My camera is a little Nikon Coolpix with a 9 second delay. I have never tried it with my DSLR Nikon.
Last edited by restricted on 08 Aug 2020, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
Shannon SteelSlave

If your camera has a remote option in the menu, they might make a hand held infrared remote for your model. I found an off-brand replacement when I misplaced my original. Then I found the original.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
restricted

Post by restricted »

The Nikon D80 doesn't have such a function, There is one for the D90 so it might be worth trying it but if doesn't work it's money wasted. I might make up my own device as I explained. It would mean screwing the camera to a board and have a timed actuator operate the shutter button. It would work on both cameras.
Last edited by restricted on 09 Aug 2020, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

It wasn't expensive.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

There is an ML-L3 remote control for the Nikon D80.
restricted

Post by restricted »

I saw that, but thought that was just the remote. How does it work if there is no corresponding piece to go on the camera?
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

restricted wrote:I saw that, but thought that was just the remote. How does it work if there is no corresponding piece to go on the camera?
The Nikon D80 has an infrared receiver built into the camera body to receive the remote control signal.

Another option is the wired MC-DC1 wired remote.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
restricted

Post by restricted »

Thank you everybody. I'll order one now. Now ordered.
restricted

Post by restricted »

Thank you everybody. A remote turned up and has been tested. Now for some damsel in distress photos to the specifications set up by the Domme of the day. :D
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

If you have a webcam, or a laptop with a built in camera, you can get an app that will take a picture on a regular basis, say every 10 seconds. A lot of cameras have that feature as well (GoPro, for example). Just set it up, start capturing pictures, then when you are done select the best one.

You could also take a video and then screen shot the best part.

R Mc
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

restricted wrote:The Nikon D80 doesn't have such a function, There is one for the D90 so it might be worth trying it but if doesn't work it's money wasted. I might make up my own device as I explained. It would mean screwing the camera to a board and have a timed actuator operate the shutter button. It would work on both cameras.
I use one of these with my Nikon D7100 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Remote-Shutter ... B003LR7M1O - the only difference is the plug that fits the specific model of camera.

Works great as you can set the initial delay time, the interval time between shots and the number of shots you wish to take. It can be used for time-lapse photography so you could make a time-lapse video of your sessions.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

My old Pentax K100D (2007 vintage, tough as nails) can be triggered remotely with a simple pushbutton switch. With two pushbuttons it's possible to trigger the autofocus and exposure measuring functions.

It's relatively easy to swap out the button for a relay contact triggered by some kind of timer.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!