Self Bondage Blindfold?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
james_carmen

Self Bondage Blindfold?

Post by james_carmen »

So I'm into the sensory deprivation in self bondage. Aside from the obvious earplugs / ear muffs / white noise / noise cancelling headphones.... vision's always been the problem. With my setup I need to see to click in my final wrist cuff, so at the moment I'm holding a flashlight in a pitch black room, after the final click, I turn off the flashlight and drop it. This works fine but it's kind of annoying cause I live in the city and if I don't block out the windows even the slightest light that comes in is enough to light up the room once my eyes adjust to the dark.

The ideal gadget would be like.... goggles with LCD lenses that black out based on a timer... Ideas anyone?
Andrea Loves Bondage

Re: Self Bondage Blindfold?

Post by Andrea Loves Bondage »

james_carmen wrote:So I'm into the sensory deprivation in self bondage. Aside from the obvious earplugs / ear muffs / white noise / noise cancelling headphones.... vision's always been the problem. With my setup I need to see to click in my final wrist cuff, so at the moment I'm holding a flashlight in a pitch black room, after the final click, I turn off the flashlight and drop it. This works fine but it's kind of annoying cause I live in the city and if I don't block out the windows even the slightest light that comes in is enough to light up the room once my eyes adjust to the dark.

The ideal gadget would be like.... goggles with LCD lenses that black out based on a timer... Ideas anyone?
Is there a way that you could find to do your last wrist cuff without seeing. One thing that I have tried is having a short length of chain padlocked to the cuff and then do the final lock from that chain rather than the cuff itself. Gives you a little more flexibility in doing that final connection. Especially when blind.

The hood that you can see at http://www.kinkstore.ca/Padded-Sensory- ... p_367.html is by far and large the best sensory deprivation hood that I have ever used.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

I have closed the basement window completely light-tight. Then a lamp on a timer that switches off the lamp (about fifteen minutes after preparing my bondage) and switches the lamp back on after an hour so that I can release the combination lock again.
Make sure you have enough backups if the electric power goes out. I use ice for this as a backup and an immediate escape but with consequences. :roll:
james_carmen

Post by james_carmen »

Thanks, I'll have a look at the hood, unfortunately my setup as it is requires I be able to see, cause I slip the ring on my cuff into a small caribeener that's held open with a small object so once the ring slips in and I tug, the clip snaps closed. I'll certainly explore options where i can somehow do the final wrist without seeing, maybe.... like with a ratchet or something cause i can ratchet without seeing... Hmmm.

As for a pitch black room, yeah I've been doing that, but it's just a pain in the ass to 100% cover the windows.

Another ghetto option i've been exploring is some sort of goggles like snorkling goggles or even a hood where I could attach an external cover or blindfold with a spring loaded mechanism to trigger and cover the eyes after I've secured my wrists....
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

james_carmen wrote:I'll certainly explore options where i can somehow do the final wrist without seeing
One such option is wrist stocks kept closed by an electromagnet, see this topic. I always wear a sensory deprivation hood while playing solo, and getting my last free hand in the stocks without seeing it, is quite easy.
james_carmen

Post by james_carmen »

Onwrikbaar wrote:
james_carmen wrote:I'll certainly explore options where i can somehow do the final wrist without seeing
One such option is wrist stocks kept closed by an electromagnet, see this topic. I always wear a sensory deprivation hood while playing solo, and getting my last free hand in the stocks without seeing it, is quite easy.
Quite intriguing thanks, stock type restraints aren't my thing but... you've inspired me to consider attaching my cuff to the metal plate... them mounting the magnet portion to my rack. The next challenge is power source and timer...
Andrea Loves Bondage

james_carmen wrote:Thanks, I'll have a look at the hood, unfortunately my setup as it is requires I be able to see, cause I slip the ring on my cuff into a small caribeener that's held open with a small object so once the ring slips in and I tug, the clip snaps closed. I'll certainly explore options where i can somehow do the final wrist without seeing, maybe.... like with a ratchet or something cause i can ratchet without seeing... Hmmm.

As for a pitch black room, yeah I've been doing that, but it's just a pain in the ass to 100% cover the windows.

Another ghetto option i've been exploring is some sort of goggles like snorkling goggles or even a hood where I could attach an external cover or blindfold with a spring loaded mechanism to trigger and cover the eyes after I've secured my wrists....
That small length of chain makes it a little easier to do that final connection because you can use your fingers to guide it. The restraint isn’t as tight because of the chain, but you are still fully restrained. Another trick might be to tape a small block of ice to keep caribeener open allowing you time to hit your target blind. Once the ice melts the clip would snap shut. You might have to wait a short time for the ice. I have tried the small object approach and it has failed so often.
james_carmen

Post by james_carmen »

Andrea Loves Bondage wrote: That small length of chain makes it a little easier to do that final connection because you can use your fingers to guide it. The restraint isn’t as tight because of the chain, but you are still fully restrained. Another trick might be to tape a small block of ice to keep caribeener open allowing you time to hit your target blind. Once the ice melts the clip would snap shut. You might have to wait a short time for the ice. I have tried the small object approach and it has failed so often.
Thanks! I'll give that ice idea a try, never thought of that, it's gotta be tight so the chain method's out... i kinda thrash when the post orgasm torture kicks in :oops: (Magic wand with cockhead tickler attachment) actually might explore some kind of rigging with a ratchet as well.
cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

My double bed is of metal box frame construction & the head board has 2 horizontal bars. So it's easy for me to secure myself on my back spread eagled, blindfold myself with a rubber cycle inner tube cut down the middle lengthwise. Whilst the blindfold is round my forehead I can tie each wrist to the lower headboard bar, then lower the blindfold so I'm in total darkness, then slide my wrists along the bar to each side post & slip each wrist into pre connected leather belts wrapped around each side, top & bottom posts. Once the loops are around my wrists I simply pull & they tighten.
The only way to release one belt is to unscrew the nut from the bolt securing the belt, the other belt is combination padlocked which I can free once I've slipped the blindfold up with my free hand released from the belt, but still tied to the lower bar.

Belts & straps quote from another of my posts.
I use a lot of leather belts, when you thread the belt through the buckle, that creates one slip loop which can be used on ankles, knees, thighs, wrists & neck. Bore some holes through the ends of the belts, and then you can use a padlock to lock the belt back on itself, or a quarter inch nut bolt & washer for an alternative.
Take a trip to your local pet shop, where you’ll find dog leads with leather handles & chain section, leather collars & other very useful items.

Blindfolds & Hoods quote from another of my posts.
I like to be partially blindfolded, so I use some of my Black stockings or tights which I stretch down over my head.
Depending on how much you wish your sight to be decreased, you can use another pair & the more you use, the less you see.
You are still able to breath & they are comfortable. Heavier deniers like a 60, are good for bondage hoods that virtually prevent any sight.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Make a latch that holds the wrist cuff.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6286
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

My question is how you eventually escape. I can picture all sorts of ways of locking myself up without needing to see. But if you needed to see to lock yourself up, how do you escape it without seeing?

I could come up with a visor/goggles that would flip down and not be able to flip back easily. I am thinking of something like safety goggles with a spring loaded flap. There might be a set of welding goggles that might be easily modified. I have seen goggles (used for gas welding rather than arc) that had a flip up dark lens. Add duct tape to make it totally dark. Strap it on with the lens flipped up, lock yourself up, then nudge against a wall to flip it down.

R.Mc.
Andrea Loves Bondage

How about having several locks in your scheme that have an electromagnetic lock also incorporated. The power supply could be on a timer to cut the power to the locks to end your session. The beauty of this method is that a major risk, presented by a power failure, would release the locks automatically.

A secondary emergency release system could involve a key in a container filled with something really nasty, close at hand. House is on fire, grab that key, but on any normal session you’d wait for the planned release mechanism. The really nasty I’d leave to your imagination.
AshleyBoots

Post by AshleyBoots »

I've done standing bondage, on high heels and ankels padlocked with short chains and leather cuffs, to the floor on an metal eyelet plate. And my wristcuffs to a beam right above me. I used short chains for that, so would stand spread eagle. Padlocked one wrist on the chain, so no escape till release was done, put with my only free hand the blindfold on, and then locked the last cuff to the eyelet on the beam.
But instead of chain allready hanging from the beam, i locked it to the cuff, and now locked the chain on the beam. Eyelet was on the max off my reach, so did toon some afford to find it and getting the lock trough it, but it was very do-able. And.. really inescapeable :love:

But, like always.. make sure for a perfect release method, and even better back-up release