Why wear heels?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Sexy_Student

Why wear heels?

Post by Sexy_Student »

Hello, I am new to this forum and I'm wondering, why does almost every scenario recommend high heels? I am not a cross dresser, so I am looking for reasons besides feminization. Do they add to the restrictiveness or helplessness somehow? I understand walking in them would be more difficult, but what about for stationary bondage, like a hogtie? Also, In standing scenarios, how do they compare to being forced on tippy-toes?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Why wear heels?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Sexy Student. Short answer= why not? long answer to follow.....Shan'
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
lj

Post by lj »

First, welcome to BoundAnna :D

Second, an answer to your questoin, though no doubt there will others, probably different!

Cross-dressing doesn't necessarily mean feminisation - I realise that may seem a bit pedantic, so I'll try to explain. A lot of cross-dressers aren't trying to look feminine (those that do are usually referred to as transvestites) they just enjoy the sensations coming from wearing clothes of the opposite sex - the majority here being men wearing women's clothing - or shoes.

Wearing high heels is obviously not an experience men are used to, we always wear shoes or boots with minimal heels, so it is a totally different sensation changing to high heels, which force changes to posture and muscles, as well as altering the ability to move around. Until you get used to it, wearing high heels will seriously limit your speed of walking, and balance will be affected, leading to a feeling of instability and vulnerability. The slope of the shoe base tends to force the foot downwards, and depending upon shoe design will crush the toes together.

In stationary bondage, the altered muscle tensions add to the severity of a standing bondage position, what would be quite easy to cope with becomes a lot less easy standing in high heels. I haven't compared that stress with a tip-toe position but would expect the latter to be more severe. Whilst the feet are not directly involved in a hog-tie, the forced position of the foot in heels prevents significant movement of toes, arch of the sole etc so will add a bit of stress to the bondage, though of course the shoe can be used to add further restriction of movement by being included in the tie.

As most SB scenes are relatively short, minutes-hour rather than hours/day, the wearer hasn't got the time to get used to the novel sensations, so they are more pronounced. I used to attend play-parties lasting all day, and found wearing 4" heels all day no problem at all, but that was a regular event every couple of weeks (I could even run in them, much to my sub play-partner's surprise...)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Ahh, yeah, what LJ said, and this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11984
What might not be mentioned also, is the psychological effect of the sub knowing who is in charge. Making things awkward to reinforce this, or as just a punishment, can have that effect. I have every height between 0 and 6.5 inches.
I sense that you might be curious, but afraid of judgement. I can say with almost no retention, that you will never be judged here. Apart from that, this forum is somewhat polarized on the issue.
Whatever you decide, I am sure you will be able to find support. Feel free to ask or question what you see. We learn from our explanations as well. Enjoy the show. Shan' :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

Women’s shoes add to the experience for me. High heeled pumps take a while to master. Initially, they are uncomfortable, hard to walk in, and downright sexy. Over time, you get better at wearing them, but they are still sexy. They make those legs look more shapely, and what they do to the shape of the ass.
Sexy_Student

Post by Sexy_Student »

Thanks for the warm welcomes and responses!

I want to reply to Shannon and assure you I am NOT afraid of judgement! I am just curious and considering buying a pair to try it out. I bought stilettos online before but they turned out to be too small and weren't a good representation of the experience.

This leads to me to additionally ask, what kind of heels are best for restrictiveness and torment? and where can I cheaply acquire a pair? I am considering thrift shops, but I doubt they will have size 14 (I am a size 12 in men's).
Shannon SteelSlave

CD Tammy wrote:Women’s shoes add to the experience for me. High heeled pumps take a while to master. Initially, they are uncomfortable, hard to walk in, and downright sexy. Over time, you get better at wearing them, but they are still sexy. They make those legs look more shapely, and what they do to the shape of the ass.
Oh yeah. High five!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Maybe this thread can help: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11981
I like pumps for restrictiveness, but boots also tend to enforce ankle rigidity.
👠👠
Andrea Loves Bondage

Post by Andrea Loves Bondage »

I enjoy cross-dressing. Love the feel of the fabrics. Love girdles and the restrictiveness that’s they impart. Stockings (not pantyhose) are a must. After years of just stuffing the bra with socks, I bought breast forms, and recently I bought a breast plate. These provide more natural shape and bounce.

I like to go out when cross dressed. Originally I’d do it late at night so that I wouldn’t be noticed although I had a dress and heels on, but I wanted to go out during the day time to buy more clothes or bondage toys, so I started trying to look more feminine, with wigs, and wearing jewelry like earrings. Going for a drive down our bumpy roads with breast forms on and nipple clamps on underneath, makes for some exquisite pain, as the breasts bounce.

Some days I only cross dress and try to go about my daily life (I even go grocery shopping in stores further away from home), and I go to love shops and some specialty clothing stores. If I cross dress for at home only I usually skip the makeup, jewelry and other feminine accouterments and just enjoy the feel of the clothes, and heels, although wig and earrings do feel kind of cool too.

If I do bondage which always requires cross dressing, again the feminine stuff doesn’t happen.

As long as my feet aren’t swollen I can walk quite comfortably in 5” heels, although I hate the shiny tile floors in some stores and malls.
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

Sexy_Student wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum and I'm wondering, why does almost every scenario recommend high heels? I am not a cross dresser, so I am looking for reasons besides feminization. Do they add to the restrictiveness or helplessness somehow? I understand walking in them would be more difficult, but what about for stationary bondage, like a hogtie? Also, In standing scenarios, how do they compare to being forced on tippy-toes?
Heels usually restrict a lot of your feet movements, specially if they are locked somehow to your anckles or feet, so you can't get them off :twisted: . Struggling becomes more difficult, as the feet movement becomes restricted. Even on scenarios like a spreadeagle or hogtie, they are recommended and fit in not only because of that, but about the beauty and visual aesthetic add on they are! No hogtie is complete without heels in my point of view :D
Then there are those scenarios where they are part of forced use and spending time on them!
They're just that sexy and a bondage instrument by temselves! :twisted:

Now that I think about it, we need a heel emoji , bcz why not? :o
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
Andrea Loves Bondage

Post by Andrea Loves Bondage »

Must say that high heels are empowering too. While very tall heels can be difficult to walk in, which might seem to increase a "woman's" vulnerability, they do help thrust your chest out and make you walk with authority.

In 5" heels I feel better than in lower rise heels, but in 6" and taller heels I am awkward. So 5" is my go to for walking, 6" for bondage sessions.

I've tried ballet heels (8" range) and these are best described as lethal.
Shannon SteelSlave

I got 6.5s that will break your arches. Review coming soon :whip:
6 is my absolute mechanical limit.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Onixpected wrote:
Now that I think about it, we need a heel emoji , bcz why not? :o
What would it mean? Walking away from something? Refuse to get involved? Maybe look at my shoes? If I had 1 wish, it would be a light saber smiley.
👠👠
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

Welcome to the forum student!

High heels because they go well with my stockings and skirt? :mrgreen:

Sorry, I'll try from a non-crossdresser (sorry, non-transvestite) PoV. Hmm, on top of what others have said already regarding restriction of movement and being uncomfortable, you can incorporate them in your play. If they have straps you can probably find a way to lock them on. If you anchor some part of yourself to the ceiling you can set up a nice predicament: relief your feet by stepping out of your heels, but now you increase the stress on whatever body part you anchored.

But to be honest, I should warn you not to go down that rabbit hole. Buying shoes can get addictive. Now I understand why women have so many shoes! :lol:
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I don't dare to buy high heels in a store. That's why I made it by attaching wooden blocks under a pair of old shoes.
Rarely to walk in, but often to apply in a standing bondage or the squat bondage at the door - see the scenario "At the door" on the main page.